2008 All West Region Boys Hockey Team

Teams of the West Region

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:56 pm

These awards were voted on by the nine West Region coaches.

F - Andrew Seeberg - Bismarck High
F - Sean Sullivan - Bismarck High
F - Joe Handeland - Bottineau
F - Joey Paulus - Bismarck Century
F - Erick Paiement - Jamestown
F - Caleb Haugen - Mandan
F - Bryce Schmitt - Minot
F - Jordan Nelson - Williston

D - Jared LaBere - Bismarck High
D - Colby Nordstrom - Bismarck High
D - Nick Romanick - Bismarck High
D - Gage Kulig - Minot
D - Colby Rehak - Williston

G - Ethan Kline - Mandan
G - Derek Skogen - Minot

West Region "Outstanding Sr. Athlete of the Year" : Jared LaBere - Bismarck High

West Region "Coach of the Year" : Dustin Bratlien - Williston
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008 All West Region Boys Hockey Team

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Anyone else a little sursprised Kovacs didn't make the All west Team?Personally i think he is better than both goalies...skogen for sure...but him and kline are pretty even
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby yeckoh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:40 pm

Kovacs isn't even good hes just big and takes up space...
yeckoh
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:18 pm

So any goalie that is big and takes up space isn't good???personally i think the object of being a goalie is to cover up the net...am i right?
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:34 am

i like the 2 picks for goalies. skogen is a very good goaltender ( probably the best in the region) that played on a below average team. kline kept his team in most games and gave them a chance to win every night. he is the reason mandan is in the state tournament.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplaya1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am

i hate to say it because i dont want to take anything away from the willi coach but mandans coach should of got it for the simple reason that mandan didnt even make wda last year and they finshed last, this year they finished 2nd and got a state birth. pretty impressive. just my opinion
ndplaya1

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:18 am

Favre#1 wrote:Anyone else a little sursprised Kovacs didn't make the All west Team?Personally i think he is better than both goalies...skogen for sure...but him and kline are pretty even

I think Skogen proved in the west region tournament that he more then belongs on that team. He single handedly had to keep his team in the game to give them a chance. They were very young and short on skill especially skating. That combination creates alot of point blank opportunities for opponents and he was up to the task. The majority of his goals allowed from what i have heard have been deflections and second and third rebound attempts because the defense cant clear the puck or put a body on a guy in front. Goals like that arent exactly the goalies fault.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:26 am

ndplaya1 wrote:i hate to say it because i dont want to take anything away from the willi coach but mandans coach should of got it for the simple reason that mandan didnt even make wda last year and they finshed last, this year they finished 2nd and got a state birth. pretty impressive. just my opinion

i think the williston coach earned it, but can definitely see your argument.

oh and kovacs= overrated. the two goalies who got it deserved it.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:10 pm

ndplaya1 wrote:i hate to say it because i dont want to take anything away from the willi coach but mandans coach should of got it for the simple reason that mandan didnt even make wda last year and they finshed last, this year they finished 2nd and got a state birth. pretty impressive. just my opinion

smartest thing i have ever heard...minot was preseason 3 and finished 3 and didnt make it to state.mandans coach had his team preseason 7 and dint make the wda tounry the previous year and went to state. idn how that can happen?
flyguy

Return to WDA