2008 Mr. Hockey canidates from the west??

Teams of the West Region

Re: 2008 Mr. Hockey canidates from the west??

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:20 pm

ih8gophers wrote:I don't think he will get and i don't think that he should get it, but you have to throw Joe Handeland in to the mix as well. If stats are updated correctly he leads all west region seniors in goals with 20.

Its nice that he is scoring but he isnt making anyone around him better with 6 assists, and i am curious as to how many he scored aginst portiage colligete, antler river, mordan, and central butte? because those teams are really bad thats comparable to meland getting 10 aginst whapeton
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flyguy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
hckywst wrote:Mandans haugen should at least be mentioned on here. He has more pionts then Paulus and most of the other kids on here. He is a great puckhandler who lays more people out when he has the puck then when he doesnt.
Others are:
Paulus
Seeburg
Kovacs
Kline
Martin
LaBere
Bair
Not in any order.
By the way mandans stats are finally updated so you can maybe see how some of their candidates are doing. Even though stats doesnt say it all.

Ok from this list i would say as of right now the top 5. front runners in no order are Drew Eichle, Ethan Kline, Jared LaBere, Joey Paulus, and Andrew Seeburg. i feel LaBere is head and shoulders above the rest of D men in the west Kline and Eichle are both solid, but Eichle has gotten the best of him twice.

Just throwing this out there but according to North Dakota Online hcokey magazine, LaBere is not one of the 2 Defenseman chosen from the West to the All State Senior Team. Colby Rehak(Williston) and Patrick Bair(Mandan) were to the two chosen. LaBere is good yes but hes not head over heels better or possibly as good as those two.
flyguy

Postby ndplaya1 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 am

who all made that team? or list or whatever
ndplaya1

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 pm

flyguy wrote: Just throwing this out there but according to North Dakota Online hcokey magazine, LaBere is not one of the 2 Defenseman chosen from the West to the All State Senior Team. Colby Rehak(Williston) and Patrick Bair(Mandan) were to the two chosen. LaBere is good yes but hes not head over heels better or possibly as good as those two.

The what? North Dakota Online hockey magazine? Who publishes this? Did the coaches vote? The All-WDA team is announced at the conclusion of the WDA Regional on Saturday if it is still done like years past. Did this change?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:28 pm

??Dakota Hockey online? List has who on it?

Searching right now. Does anyone know where to find it?

Someone copy the link or post the link. It would be fun to see who is chosen.
AND who did the choosing. Labere was a pre-season Mr. Hockey candidate in thinking.
Although he didn't do the all impressive things and play as tough as last yr.(in my eyes)

I am going to search for it. too.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Hey Sauce-- How many games did the Botno guy(handelaner?) play vs. the Manitoba teams?
You mentioned Morden, they are bad.Potage(don't know them), Central Butte(MT team?),Antler River.
I think DEvils Lake played a couple of these teams and smoked them bad.. So getting tons of pts vs. inferior play is OK but skews things some.

I know that MAndan played a couple of Weak teams also-- maybe one of those named.

OK- now that I have said that-- you still have to score, and play the game to get the chnaces and score, so give him props.
East teams got a couple of Stats builders(like GFRR beating Waph and Shanley by a combined 25 goals??thats probably exagerated but get the drift--) how many did Meland have vs. them? Schaaffer of GFRR have? 10 pts? each?

So give the kid credit he scored them.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Sportshound wrote:Hey Sauce-- How many games did the Botno guy(handelaner?) play vs. the Manitoba teams?
You mentioned Morden, they are bad.Potage(don't know them), Central Butte(MT team?),Antler River.
I think DEvils Lake played a couple of these teams and smoked them bad.. So getting tons of pts vs. inferior play is OK but skews things some.

I know that MAndan played a couple of Weak teams also-- maybe one of those named.

OK- now that I have said that-- you still have to score, and play the game to get the chnaces and score, so give him props.
East teams got a couple of Stats builders(like GFRR beating Waph and Shanley by a combined 25 goals??thats probably exagerated but get the drift--) how many did Meland have vs. them? Schaaffer of GFRR have? 10 pts? each?

So give the kid credit he scored them.

They played these teams 6 times, and idk about schafer but i am pretty sure meland put up 10 aginst whap
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 pm

pretty good article in minot daily news today about the handeland kid from bottineau. pretty impressive scoring 23 goals with torn acl. i'll see if i can find a link.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:32 pm

story is not up on the website yet. should be up friday i would think. i know he's not mr. hockey material but still fun to read about any of these kids.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:02 am

i lost the link ot the online hockey magazine i will try to find it in the next couple days......but they change it during the season labere is now on it and rehak is off so two defensman of the 6 defenseman are from the WDA(Bair-mandan and Labere-Bismarck)
flyguy

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:04 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:the guys i named are the top players in the west. even though some are jr,s theyre better than ur guy.

skogen will not be a mr. hockey canidate, sorry

He may not garner Mr Hockey talk because of the teams record and probably shouldnt because of it, but his performances at the regional should solidify his being mentioned as one of the top players in the west. He single handedly kept them in games at region and all year. The goalie cant do everything. Needs to have a little help clearing the puck. From the two games I have seen him play the majority of his goals allowed were on deflections and rebounds where no defensemen were to be found.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:28 am

flyguy wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
hckywst wrote:Mandans haugen should at least be mentioned on here. He has more pionts then Paulus and most of the other kids on here. He is a great puckhandler who lays more people out when he has the puck then when he doesnt.
Others are:
Paulus
Seeburg
Kovacs
Kline
Martin
LaBere
Bair
Not in any order.
By the way mandans stats are finally updated so you can maybe see how some of their candidates are doing. Even though stats doesnt say it all.

Ok from this list i would say as of right now the top 5. front runners in no order are Drew Eichle, Ethan Kline, Jared LaBere, Joey Paulus, and Andrew Seeburg. i feel LaBere is head and shoulders above the rest of D men in the west Kline and Eichle are both solid, but Eichle has gotten the best of him twice.

Just throwing this out there but according to North Dakota Online hcokey magazine, LaBere is not one of the 2 Defenseman chosen from the West to the All State Senior Team. Colby Rehak(Williston) and Patrick Bair(Mandan) were to the two chosen. LaBere is good yes but hes not head over heels better or possibly as good as those two.

Not gunna lie to you that online stuff is a big crok of BS...as i said LaBere is head and shoulders above the rest in the west and i think he showed it as he absolutly sniped the game winner aginst minot in the wda champ!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:28 am

Ohh ya and by the way he got WDA senior athlete of the year for those that couldnt make the game!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:22 am

i'm glad to hear he got it. this kid is a stud . did you see that shot on the 5th goal vs. willy. wow what a rocket, there isn't a goalie in the state that would have stopped that shot.

does anyone know the picks for the all west region team? please post them if you do. thanks
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:04 pm

ih8gophers wrote:i'm glad to hear he got it. this kid is a stud . did you see that shot on the 5th goal vs. willy. wow what a rocket, there isn't a goalie in the state that would have stopped that shot.

does anyone know the picks for the all west region team? please post them if you do. thanks

Ya i was right behind the williston net that thing could have killed someone
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndplaya1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 am

rehak and labere- pretty good choices both are important to their teams
im thinking meland will probaly get it.
ndplaya1

Postby ND Z Scout » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Does anyone else think Seeberg might have been screwed over from not being one of the two west Mr.Hockey finalists? He is a huge playmaker and more than likely the best forward in the west. Rehak and Labere or both great athletes but I just think Seeberg has a little more to offer.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to WDA