BHS

Teams of the West Region

BHS

Postby hckywst » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Which team in the west has the best chance of beating BHS.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Re: BHS

Postby Olgrz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am

Thought a healthy dickinson could but the bench is waaaay to short and the big guy in the net isn't having a year like last year. So that leaves mandan IMO.
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:28 am

Mandan doesn't have a realistic chance because they are no better than any one else who still has to play BHS, the remaining eight spots will be interesting. It's basically BHS and after that the rest of the field is in a different class.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplaya1 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:08 am

I agree, bismarck is just way to good for anyone of the west to teams to beat them. I think someone might get close one of these times towards the end of the season, but no winners. there is no doubt that bhs will go undefeated.
ndplaya1

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm

ndplaya1 wrote:I agree, bismarck is just way to good for anyone of the west to teams to beat them. I think someone might get close one of these times towards the end of the season, but no winners. there is no doubt that bhs will go undefeated...

...in the west.
:roll:
Had to add it, but how do you guys think they'll fair at state? I figure as of now they'll either be playing GFC or Devils Lake. Think they'll be advancing into contention for the title games this year?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hckywst » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:02 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:I agree, bismarck is just way to good for anyone of the west to teams to beat them. I think someone might get close one of these times towards the end of the season, but no winners. there is no doubt that bhs will go undefeated...

...in the west.
Had to add it, but how do you guys think they'll fair at state? I figure as of now they'll either be playing GFC or Devils Lake. Think they'll be advancing into contention for the title games this year?

I agree if they get the right match up they could win a couple, but it will likely end at grafton or red river.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:10 am

So BHS is #1 in West

# 4 east plays #1 West--
that could be GFC or DL-- or one of the others..

Who knows South could end up in that #4 spot-- then what are the chances of BHS???
I wouldn't want that match-up if I played for BHS.

they have a better chances vs. DL or GFC to get a win in 1st round.

then they would have #2 east (either GPR or South-if things play out)-- now that could be dangerous for them also....

I hope the West can get a team into Friday night game-- and then get to play Sat eve on TV too....
but that is still a long ways away for even BHS.

just my thoughts... they will have to play thier best game(s) of the year at State to get into the Final.
maybe?? they can..... HOPE they can.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndplaya1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:19 am

HockeyHigh wrote:

...in the west.

if bhs keeps playing like they have been then i cant see why they couldnt make it to that 2nd game but sorry i cant see them by passing into the state championship game but ill pull for them because im all about the west making it finally. sorry i would just like to see it cause its just getting old seeing east dom at state and if any team from the west can do it, its these guys. but it will be a tough road for them.
ndplaya1

Postby Sportshound » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:13 am

ndplayar--

you got something there. BHS is probably the only one that can make a run.

Look at GFRR, GPR, south they are still the 3 to beat.
Not sure if the strength of BHS is enough though.

hope they can produce a win in State then the door gets opened.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Z Scout » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 pm

I would love to see a west team in the state championship but unless BHS plays unbelievable I don't really see that happening. Also, even if they do make it there, Red River would absolutely kill them. I would love to see them get there, but the chances aren't that great.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:38 am

BHs is my pick for the # 1 seed from WDA--
but they have slowed some here after the 1st of the yr.

they don't look like they did before the Chrsitmas break.??? anyone have any ideas on why???

did they lose someone to grades or something?

just probing for some info on this.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Z Scout » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:39 pm

BHS hasn't lost anybody, in fact, the actually gained an All-West Region player they didn't have earlier in the year. Josh Norman was out with some knee injury I believe and just returned after the break. I know they don't go to a holiday tournament but wow they barely beat Willi, Jamestown, and now Dickinson since the break. If they stay in the downfall, they won't make it past the first round at state. With all that talent, it would be a huge waste to see them fall short at state, which seems to happen every year.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:43 pm

I agree-- they have slipped some, and I think I mentioned that in another post a few days ago.
they still are the top seed for WDA, but will need to play good hockey, with a target on their backs..
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyguy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:57 am

Sportshound wrote:I agree-- they have slipped some, and I think I mentioned that in another post a few days ago.
they still are the top seed for WDA, but will need to play good hockey, with a target on their backs..

competition is getting harded....beatingmandan by 1 and jamestown by 1, couple other close games...think they can still run the table in the WDA?
Last edited by flyguy on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyguy

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Wait no-- BHS didn't lose to anyone-- they have won some close games lately...
they will have to get on a roll though if they want to survive the WDA(as so many teams are closer than they think).
BHS still my pick for the #1 spot-- but one never knows.
I can not wait to witness some of the games out here in the next weeks-- and WDA tourney.
Should be good--
We need a good showing at the WDA(by all the teams) to give that confidence boost to enter state with a bang and make some noise.
I sound to Western , but I hope that the WDA sends some good competitive teams to the State tourney-- we need to see some West teams playing witht he East schools. heck maybe get a win(or two?)
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Damus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 pm

BHS won't have to get on a roll to win the WDA...they are far and away the most talented team in the West...it's not even close.

However, this will bite them in the end come state. Rolling over lesser WDA competition will result in another East sweep in the first round.
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby flyguy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Damus wrote:BHS won't have to get on a roll to win the WDA...they are far and away the most talented team in the West...it's not even close.

However, this will bite them in the end come state. Rolling over lesser WDA competition will result in another East sweep in the first round.

It is close mandan and jamestown lost by 1 to BHS, so they are not amazingly better, but yes they appear to be the best in the WDA
flyguy

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:13 pm

BHS has the numbers on their side. but tourney time changes things.

BHS and Mandan for the title game. Who knows maybe Mandan runs the table at the tourney.

wouldn't that just clash with everyones thinking.
BHs is not the same as before Christmas, they have faultered.
After beating south, I think they took that break and felt like they were unstoppable.
Yes they have won, but closer games now and that could bode well for the other teams.

it has happened before a top seed gets bounced 1st round in WDA(do not remember when-but) and has to fight back to win two and get to state.

Drop the puck let's play hockey
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:14 pm

Sportshound wrote:BHS has the numbers on their side. but tourney time changes things.

BHS and Mandan for the title game. Who knows maybe Mandan runs the table at the tourney.

wouldn't that just clash with everyones thinking.
BHs is not the same as before Christmas, they have faultered.
After beating south, I think they took that break and felt like they were unstoppable.
Yes they have won, but closer games now and that could bode well for the other teams.

it has happened before a top seed gets bounced 1st round in WDA(do not remember when-but) and has to fight back to win two and get to state.

Drop the puck let's play hockey

I noticed how not just you but everyone is saying they are playing lets say lazy and other teams are playing good, but look at it from the other end now bhs isnt so hot right now and they still have yet to lose to a west team thats playing good they are doing all thats asked of them which is win, NOTHING more but nothing less either
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:17 am

sauce-very true,
And that is why it is a guessing game as to who will show up for tourney time.

Lazy? I never said that, but they are not pushing the other teams into corners like before Christmas.\what i mean pushing them into corners, I mean- they haven't jumped on a team and made the other teams go bonkers and try crazy things to pull out goals and maybe a win.
BHs is playing ho-hum hockey right now.
They amybe think that being undefeated out here in the WEST is going to make it easier when they hit the Big stage at State.
rude awakening if they think just becaus ethey haven't lost to a WEST team, the #2-4 teams of the East can't be that good.
Wrong!
We need a team from the WEST to play strong at State this yr.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 pm

I watched the first and second periods of bhs mdn and the first was very even 1-1 but the second bhs gave mandan a spanking! i had to leave for work after the 2nd and it was 5-1 bhs! i think mdn only got about 5 shots on net in the 2nd. bhs was firing on all cylinders!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MARKWALD23 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Bismarck High wins 7-2.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to WDA