Current WDA predictions

Teams of the West Region

Current WDA predictions

Postby L91 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:24 pm

So what are some current predictions, now that the first few games are gone?
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Current WDA predictions

Postby Sportshound » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:52 pm

I think I had pretty close before any games-- or maybe two games were played--
Going to state from the west
BHS
Mandan---
The two other spots--
Maybe-- Minot (will get better) or Jamestown, or Wiliston(stillthink they will be there at the end somehow)
Or maybe you have Dickinson- finally play like they started(but that is a dream I think)
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby L91 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:10 pm

I agree with you for the most part. Its good to see people are starting to realize mandans gonna be up there this year. I think it will be bhs, mandan, dickinson. the last will either be minot or williston, depending on who has more progress throughout the year.
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndplaya1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:22 am

If bhs keeps doing what they are doing they will with out a doubt take the WDA, but my predictions will be BHS, WHS, DHS, and I think its mandans year to finally get there so ill go for them to get to grand forks this year, but in the Region tournaments it doesnt matter how good you are all the teams are there to win so anything can happen.
ndplaya1

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:28 pm

ndplaya1 wrote:If bhs keeps doing what they are doing they will with out a doubt take the WDA, but my predictions will be BHS, WHS, DHS, and I think its mandans year to finally get there so ill go for them to get to grand forks this year, but in the Region tournaments it doesnt matter how good you are all the teams are there to win so anything can happen.

I fail to see how you can put WHS up top after losing 8-4 to CHS with knutson having a earinfection thingy throwing off his balance...right now by the looks of it i will say BHS is darn near gaurenteed a spot in GF and more than likely the 1 seed but for the 2-4 seeds it is a toss up between almost everyone....but i do see bott and hazen in the play in game
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndplaya1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:28 am

Saucesauer wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:If bhs keeps doing what they are doing they will with out a doubt take the WDA, but my predictions will be BHS, WHS, DHS, and I think its mandans year to finally get there so ill go for them to get to grand forks this year, but in the Region tournaments it doesnt matter how good you are all the teams are there to win so anything can happen.

I fail to see how you can put WHS up top after losing 8-4 to CHS with knutson having a earinfection thingy throwing off his balance...right now by the looks of it i will say BHS is darn near gaurenteed a spot in GF and more than likely the 1 seed but for the 2-4 seeds it is a toss up between almost everyone....but i do see bott and hazen in the play in game

Yeah i agree with you, but that list is not in order i just think that if williston can get their act together and their goalie can find a way to get used to the varsity hype then we'll see, i just think its to early to tell and theres alot of time for them to get it together. that goes for all teams
ndplaya1

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:12 pm

I think Mandans real test will be when they play BHS at home thursday night. Thats when I will decide where to place them.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 pm

I find it strange numerous people put mandan and dickinson in the top 4. bottineau pounded
dickinson 7-2 and beat mandan 5-4, i also heard that bottineau dominated the game against
mandan that they lost.

my question is, why not bottineau or maybe jamestown? jamestown has beat bottineau twice
this season or minot just pounded bottineau.

i think bismarck high will finsih #1 and seeds 2-8 is wide open. it is definetly interesting to
compare scores and see who beats who.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby hckywst » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Metal Edge wrote:I find it strange numerous people put mandan and dickinson in the top 4. bottineau pounded
dickinson 7-2 and beat mandan 5-4, i also heard that bottineau dominated the game against
mandan that they lost.

my question is, why not bottineau or maybe jamestown? jamestown has beat bottineau twice
this season or minot just pounded bottineau.

i think bismarck high will finsih #1 and seeds 2-8 is wide open. it is definetly interesting to
compare scores and see who beats who.

Bottineau didn't dominate mandan, they capitalized on a few bounces but definently were not in control of the game. Once mandan decided to try they scored four goals in the last half of the third. The score against dickinson isnt something to go by either, they didnt out shoot them by much and obvouisly caught kovacs on a bad night. It is hard to come out motivated for a game against bottineau especially in their rink.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:04 pm

#1 Bismarck
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Orr4 wrote:#1 Bismarck
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

i am fine with the 1 and 2 but i feel the 3 and 4 are absolutly wrong, i am going to take BHS Mandan and what the heck Jamestown and CHS
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:52 pm

jamestown will not make the 3 or 4 they lost to west fargo century though could very well be in there but idk about jamestown
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:48 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

i am fine with the 1 and 2 but i feel the 3 and 4 are absolutly wrong, i am going to take BHS Mandan and what the heck Jamestown and CHS

What about jamestown and CHS
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

Good point about jamestown ok for going to state as of right now i see it like this
1 BHS
2 CHS (i see them pulling somthing right out of their ace (that is if they are not in the same bracket as BHS if they are i will put mandan as the 2 seed)
3 Mandan ( they are the 2 if chs and bhs are in the same bracket)
4 Dicky i guess although kovacs was way way better last year with all the same players in front of him!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:13 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

Good point about jamestown ok for going to state as of right now i see it like this
1 BHS
2 CHS (i see them pulling somthing right out of their ace (that is if they are not in the same bracket as BHS if they are i will put mandan as the 2 seed)
4 Dicky i guess although kovacs was way way better last year with all the same players in front of him!

OK...i don't get it. You said you were fine with the 1 and 2 spot but then you go and change it. I don't think anyone is going to be able to catch up with Mandan, they are just playing to good and there isn't enough time left in the season.
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyguy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

wow u must be a century fan. century is not legit. Williston is better. I will take:1.BHS2.MANDAN3.WILLISTON4.Underachieving dickinson but hey u never know i guess williston or century could sneek int there but century is not the second best team in the region!
flyguy

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

1 BHS

OK...i don't get it. You said you were fine with the 1 and 2 spot but then you go and change it. I don't think anyone is going to be able to catch up with Mandan, they are just playing to good and there isn't enough time left in the season.

NO no i am talking about seedings for state like chs will pull 2 out of their butt and make it to the champ. game if they are not in the same bracket as bhs and than will lose to bhs in the champ. but if they are in the same bracket than i take mandan as the 2 team ya know? Willy is terriable i may be a chs hockey alumn but you must be a willy player or fan for sticking with them, with how just about everyone is splitting all of their games (except for bhs) the 2-4 spots are wide open for state! it looks like mandan should make it, but take into consideration 5-6 of their wins are by one goal, they better prey their luck dosnt change, because that would struggle do have such a stellar year all go down the drain in a little unlucky spot at wda i would actually feel bad for them!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

1 BHS

NO no i am talking about seedings for state like chs will pull 2 out of their butt and make it to the champ. game if they are not in the same bracket as bhs and than will lose to bhs in the champ. but if they are in the same bracket than i take mandan as the 2 team ya know? Willy is terriable i may be a chs hockey alumn but you must be a willy player or fan for sticking with them, with how just about everyone is splitting all of their games (except for bhs) the 2-4 spots are wide open for state! it looks like mandan should make it, but take into consideration 5-6 of their wins are by one goal, they better prey their luck dosnt change, because that would aren't cool do have such a stellar year all go down the drain in a little unlucky spot at wda i would actually feel bad for them!

Your right, I am a willy player and i didn't know you were talkin about the state seedings...maybe you shoulda said that before. and as for willy being terrible, you don't have any right sayin that. please tell me why you think they are so terrible? i'm dyin to hear this.
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

1 BHS

NO no i am talking about seedings for state like chs will pull 2 out of their butt and make it to the champ. game if they are not in the same bracket as bhs and than will lose to bhs in the champ. but if they are in the same bracket than i take mandan as the 2 team ya know? Willy is terriable i may be a chs hockey alumn but you must be a willy player or fan for sticking with them, with how just about everyone is splitting all of their games (except for bhs) the 2-4 spots are wide open for state! it looks like mandan should make it, but take into consideration 5-6 of their wins are by one goal, they better prey their luck dosnt change, because that would aren't cool do have such a stellar year all go down the drain in a little unlucky spot at wda i would actually feel bad for them!

Your right, I am a willy player and i didn't know you were talkin about the state seedings...maybe you shoulda said that before. and as for willy being terrible, you don't have any right sayin that. please tell me why you think they are so terrible? i'm dyin to hear this.
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 am

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
#2 Mandan
#3 Williston
#4 Minot
#5 Dickinson
#6 Jamestown
#7 Century
#8 Bottineau
#9 Hazen

1 BHS

I have a right to say whatever i want via the first amendement, and with that being said i dont need to defend myself on why i say your terriable, you just are all you have is rehak and without anyone surronding him he is almost a non factor
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:24 am

Saucesauer - you DO NOT have the right to say whatever you want to say on this site. Keep that in mind......calling teams terrible is pushing the line of proper decorum on this site.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Damus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:56 am

This is all fun and good for the sake of message board fodder, but be reasonable here...
Bottom line, is it's all about WDA tourney...It's not going to matter at all about regular season. So everyone has beaten everyone, except BHS. THat should be all the clues you need to know that this will be a great WDA Tourney, and there's no reason to pick the 2-4 seeds, other then message board arguing. That being said, I don't think it's necessary to be calling teams "Terriable" (which i left the misspelling in for you), based on what has been played out.
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:09 am

I actually think CHS is a better skating team with better transition than Dickinson or Mandan. I havn't seen Will. or Jamestown. I do know this, BHS is by far the best team I have seen in the WDA. The WDA tournament will be fun to watch, and I think the bottom 7 spots will be a free-for-all.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Clark right on.
Should be fun to watch. And I will be there.
good seedings help though. Can't tell me any diff
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to WDA