Seniors moving on......

Teams of the West Region

Seniors moving on......

Postby ndplaya1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:20 am

Who do you think has a shot to go play hockey after high school? And what level would they be at?
Juniors, college, etc......
ndplaya1

Re: Seniors moving on......

Postby Sportshound » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:48 pm

From the West:

kline- G-Mandan--(NAHL) if he has some drive he has the tools(and has seen a ton of rubber over the yrs.)
Martin- Mandan--(USHL) Physical specimen-- fast agressive, almost mean sometimes. plays hard and can score if paired with the right guys.(he has some top notch experience--playing on a National Champ. team- the Dakota Starz U16 team)

Rehak-Williston-(NAHL) tough, rugged, scoring D-man. good skating, good passing skills.

Kovacs--G- dickinson--(USHL) good tools, always makes the first save(well mostly)- could be a major prospect.

Seeberg--Bis. (NAHL)--skates good, can shoot-- just wonder on his passing skills some. He is a hard charger.
Labare--Bis (NAHL)- good size, not sure how tough though. good passing, as a skater he is pretty good.

that about covers the West-- Is this a possible thread for the East too???
I have some ideas there...
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:33 am

seeberg can do whatever he wants. martin doesnt impress me one bit , havent seen him score or set someone up in the game i watch,rehak good play ushl and so could labare (sp?) both are tougher and better than martin. Maybe you played with these guys or maybe you seen something i havent but from what i saw this is what i think,kline doesnt impress me too much either, he is have a pretty good year, but the good goalies in the state have played solid for 2yrs+,they have not just turned it on there SR yr
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:30 am

brownbomber-- I do not play now.
Have watched a ton of hockey-from the stands and bench- Midwest/East/West.

Have a pretty good look at kids (get asked for opinions all the time)-- hmmmm...wonder what that means?

well- When asked I see these things.

I saw the thread and put my two cents in.
We all have our opinions.
Some of Mine are right on, I admit that not every player is going to be a "sure bet".
There are a ton a variables.

Let's just say for argument sake, that I think, and many others think I know what I am talking about.
Leave it at that.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby L91 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:50 pm

brownbomber wrote:seeberg can do whatever he wants. martin doesnt impress me one bit , havent seen him score or set someone up in the game i watch,rehak good play ushl and so could labare (sp?) both are tougher and better than martin. Maybe you played with these guys or maybe you seen something i havent but from what i saw this is what i think,kline doesnt impress me too much either, he is have a pretty good year, but the good goalies in the state have played solid for 2yrs+,they have not just turned it on there SR yr

The "good goalies" have also had a good team with them. Its easy to be good when you have a good team supporting you. Kline finally has a decent team with him so it seems like he just "turned it on."
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sportshound » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:49 pm

I think he has had the tools for some time now. Just gets some scoring support and also some confidence up front helps.
He makes the saves he needs to and the team helps out-- Just like it should happen.

He is a good goalie Elite?? wait on that-- can he play on?? Yes-- with the right confidence and the right support from coaches, and etc.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Sportshound wrote:From the West:

kline- G-Mandan--(NAHL) if he has some drive he has the tools(and has seen a ton of rubber over the yrs.)
Martin- Mandan--(USHL) Physical specimen-- fast agressive, almost mean sometimes. plays hard and can score if paired with the right guys.(he has some top notch experience--playing on a National Champ. team- the Dakota Starz U16 team)

Rehak-Williston-(NAHL) tough, rugged, scoring D-man. good skating, good passing skills.

Kovacs--G- dickinson--(USHL) good tools, always makes the first save(well mostly)- could be a major prospect.

Seeberg--Bis. (NAHL)--skates good, can shoot-- just wonder on his passing skills some. He is a hard charger.
Labare--Bis (NAHL)- good size, not sure how tough though. good passing, as a skater he is pretty good.

that about covers the West-- Is this a possible thread for the East too???
I have some ideas there...

Thats a joke are you serious hes had 4 points his whole high school career coming into this season. Tell me what ushl team is looking for a guy like that? NAHL at tops you have rehak at nahl hes in my mind USHL material over martin
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 pm

you dont have you score alot even though 4 pts is pretty low but he was hurt for i belive all of last year so
i would think you look for consist ppl
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 pm

brownbomber wrote:you dont have you score alot even though 4 pts is pretty low but he was hurt for i belive all of last year so
i would think you look for consist ppl

I've played with him my whole life hes always hurt its more of excuse then anything, Last year he was suppose to be out 6 months but it turned into 3 months doctors aren't wrong by 3 months trust me...Hes big on the ice but one good hit you will take him out of the game
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndplaya1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:31 am

Alright, quick question here. Could you see any of these guys or other guys eventually getting up into the college level, like a few years from now?
ndplaya1

Postby ND Z Scout » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:49 pm

I heard Seeberg from Bismarck is going to try walk-on to UND, he is a very talented player but D 1 material? not sure about that
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 am

ND Z Scout wrote:I heard Seeberg from Bismarck is going to try walk-on to UND, he is a very talented player but D 1 material? not sure about that

Walk on to UND? Highly doubtful, even as much as Wurden was hyped up, and even had he had great grades, I wouldn't expect him to walk on to UND, and I don't see such a thing coming out of Seeberg. No offense, he's good, but walking onto UND is a big step from High School, and you'd have to be a HUGE step above NDHS competition.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:44 am

hockeyhigh--
i'm on your side on this post. tough to walk on anywhere in any sport at the college level.

plus- at UND for hockey? maybe baseball....????
the top hockey recruits-mostly play Jr's of a year or even two. not to many Brian Lee's, TJ oshie's out there. Seeburg is good but not a TJ or even a Brian Lee.
Heck they have some talent sitting in Jr's waiting right now-- Gregoire, cichy and so on(all forwards by the way).
I wish Andrew good luck if he is walking on.... He could have the Grit and gutts to fight for a spot.
I have watched him over the last few years, he has good speed and is going to play hard.
But maybe he needs the Jr's for a yr or two before he goes the UND route...
NOW , again JUST MY opinion..................
Not to discredit the kids ability, but playing up to that level is a HUGE step as HockeyHigh said....
Any college hockey is a BIG step up from the HS game-whether D1or D3.
AND agreed-- NDHS hockey isn't the same as top classes of MN hockey and not to many of those kids jump right to the WCHA.

I say Good luck and GO ND HOCKEY! It would be great to have a few more Local(I mean ND players) on the UND team-- but then would they just be middle of the road and not in the battle every year for the title?? who knows.......
college coaches have to find talent and WIN-- if they are losers they get fired-especially at D1 level.
Seeburg can play after HS--no doubt-- just doubting the jump to UND-right away.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:04 am

The thing is these days the USHL isn't looking for many kids that are 18-19 coming into next season. There looking for kids that are good enoff to play when they are juniors and seniors in high school. They don't take to many kids that are old anymore.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:49 am

Saying that would mean that the rosters in the USHL would be primarily what age grp?
If what you say is true-- then the teams would be made up of what?
birth year 90's and 91's this year.

Take a look at the USHL rosters-- mostly 88/89's(makes them 19 and 20 yr olds)

but yea they are getting some players in that 90 and a few(I mean few in 91's)
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Sportshound wrote:Saying that would mean that the rosters in the USHL would be primarily what age grp?
If what you say is true-- then the teams would be made up of what?
birth year 90's and 91's this year.

Take a look at the USHL rosters-- mostly 88/89's(makes them 19 and 20 yr olds)

but yea they are getting some players in that 90 and a few(I mean few in 91's)

ditka trying to say that their not looking for 19-20 year old kids, of course they have them, hes trying to say that they are scouting at the 90s/91s for the future
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Return to WDA