Returning West Hockey Players

Teams of the West Region

Postby Jefferson Clark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:28 pm

stonewall wrote:Didn't the Elite II WEST beat the EAST in Fargo not even two weeks ago- Joel Otto- back up to Kovacs was in net and shut the east down-

THe DL kid is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves-
yeah and i dont think their were many shots that game
Jefferson Clark

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:33 pm

stonewall wrote:Didn't the Elite II WEST beat the EAST in Fargo not even two weeks ago- Joel Otto- back up to Kovacs was in net and shut the east down-

From what I've heard about the Elite II teams is that they either show up to play a game to win it, or they show up to play a bloodsport. How did the Elite II West team do against the North Dakota Starz? The Elite II East showed them up pretty hard if I recollect (I don't know if the West did the same, or played them at all). In the fall leagues it's not so much about who has the better team, it's about who wants to win the game.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jefferson Clark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:18 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:

From what I've heard about the Elite II teams is that they either show up to play a game to win it, or they show up to play a bloodsport. How did the Elite II West team do against the North Dakota Starz? The Elite II East showed them up pretty hard if I recollect (I don't know if the West did the same, or played them at all). In the fall leagues it's not so much about who has the better team, it's about who wants to win the game.
ok well either way the west still won
Jefferson Clark

Postby stonewall » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:18 am

"THEY DON'T ASK HOW, THEY ASK HOW MANY"

Didn't the east have Gaustad, Mohagen, and Vigen out there?  Have any other excuses?
stonewall

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:23 pm

stonewall wrote:"THEY DON'T ASK HOW, THEY ASK HOW MANY"

Didn't the east have Gaustad, Mohagen, and Vigen out there?  Have any other excuses?

In fact, that's why I wrote what I did. Some of the best players in the east are on the team, the fact they lost to the Elite II west team obviously means something. Props to the Elite II west team beating the east, but it just seems odd that the east kids that have dominated the west in the past would lose. I wasn't at the game, and I suspect you weren't either, so I really don't know what happened. Maybe both teams did great, maybe one did badly and the other did really good. Either way, gj to the west for pulling out a win over an east team. Maybe they'll put up a showing in state this year to surprise the east.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby stonewall » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:41 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:[user=107]stonewall[/user] wrote: I understand- thanks- well I guess we will find out come the end of Feb where everybody is at.  Hopefully, we (the west) can pull something together all season to make us prepared for the traditional powerhouses at GF.

In fact, that's why I wrote what I did. Some of the best players in the east are on the team, the fact they lost to the Elite II west team obviously means something. Props to the Elite II west team beating the east, but it just seems odd that the east kids that have dominated the west in the past would lose. I wasn't at the game, and I suspect you weren't either, so I really don't know what happened. Maybe both teams did great, maybe one did badly and the other did really good. Either way, gj to the west for pulling out a win over an east team. Maybe they'll put up a showing in state this year to surprise the east.
stonewall

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:20 pm

I will admit I am from the east, and the Elite II east losing to the west was a big surprise to me. But from the better view, it may/may not mean that the West is starting to be more competition for the east. For the better of the entire state's hockey, it'd be nice to see the west compete for state with the east.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:56 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:

The Elite II West hasnt played the Starz yet...
jkaiz

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:55 am

I said I didn't know if they did. Will they later?

I thought that weekend all the teams there were playing each other, expected the West and Starz to.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:37 pm

i know they havent played them yet but i am not sure if or when they play them
jkaiz

Postby brownbomber » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:44 pm

those teams played each other this weekend and ended up tying
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:41 pm

Well that mixes things up a bit doesn't it. :no:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:18 pm

the Starz?  Is that the u16 players?

And playing hockey--sometimes the goalie is on and the Team is on and all good things happen, some parts break down and Wham-- a loss happens even to a team that is(on paper better)--   Yes the East II team should nopt lose to the WEst.

but proving pts. is what sport is all about. That is why you play the game.

the younger grp-- u16 Starz--   Shuld play most teams close if they expect to be winners.

Didn't last yrs. Starz grp- do well in the Fall and into the Spring? I think they beat Team ND(all Sr's) when they played. And how did the Starz U16's fair in other tourneys? I think they did well-  with a good grp of kids, from what I remember playing against the Team ND boys.

some on that team that I can recall--  Grafton boys-- Mohagen, Gaustad, Demers

Fargo boys- Narveson, Groth, huguelet  and some GF boys- bancroft, Arnason, Schaefer.

East Vs. West--  heck we all know when the East is ON!-- what happens-- it happens at State to the West every year(lately).

Be happy that the boys from ND get to play in the Fall. It can not hurt the validity of Hockey and the Quality of hockey in the State of ND. play the games, have fun and get better.

Be  supporter of good hockey and we all WIN!
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4life » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Sportshound wrote:the Starz?  Is that the u16 players?

And playing hockey--sometimes the goalie is on and the Team is on and all good things happen, some parts break down and Wham-- a loss happens even to a team that is(on paper better)--   Yes the East II team should nopt lose to the WEst.

but proving pts. is what sport is all about. That is why you play the game.

the younger grp-- u16 Starz--   Shuld play most teams close if they expect to be winners.

Didn't last yrs. Starz grp- do well in the Fall and into the Spring? I think they beat Team ND(all Sr's) when they played. And how did the Starz U16's fair in other tourneys? I think they did well-  with a good grp of kids, from what I remember playing against the Team ND boys.

some on that team that I can recall--  Grafton boys-- Mohagen, Gaustad, Demers

Fargo boys- Narveson, Groth, huguelet  and some GF boys- bancroft, Arnason, Schaefer.

East Vs. West--  heck we all know when the East is ON!-- what happens-- it happens at State to the West every year(lately).

Be happy that the boys from ND get to play in the Fall. It can not hurt the validity of Hockey and the Quality of hockey in the State of ND. play the games, have fun and get better.

Be  supporter of good hockey and we all WIN!

I am now very confused:?
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:50 am

confused on what?  baseball for life-04

nothing can confuse you.  hockey and All sport-- play the games, that is why they keep score.

Never know who will get the breaks and bounces.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:09 pm

You do use an odd format of making posts Sportshound, maybe that confuses him. I can generally get what you're trying to say easily though. :shock:

(No offense intended)
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Re: Returning West Hockey Players

Postby Sportshound » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:10 pm

hockey high-- good confusion for the ones that have a hard time relating to real sport.
It isn't all about talent, coaching or that stuff-- it is about gutts, heart and the will to be better.

play the games-- these threads are being posted to by young inexperienced kids trying to boast themselves up.

i try to include what i know and what is available in current news.

West hockey returners--
Bis. high has the load--- Geis, Labare,
Mandan-- Martin, haugen
bis cent-- not too many- lost a ton
minot-- some young guys--schmidt and others--
dickytown-- kovacs-- Kovacs
wiiliston-- rehak-- say no more
Now the best guys still need to show up and play the games-- prove it on the ice--- try looking at this in a matter of 4-5 weeks-- then we might not speculate but know who will stand up and be counted....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Returning West Hockey Players

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:55 pm

I've mentioned and I know I'm not the most intelligent on West hockey, more east centered (as I am from the EDC). I do, however, wish that the WDA would put up a show and improve ND's image as a hockey state, and increase competition to lower the gap between the east powerhouses (GF, Grafton, Fargo) and make our state on a more competitive state like Minnesota.

I also look at teams the same way, a team is based on the team, not a specific players. As an example from last year, when I looked at the rosters of the team, I really thought that Fargo South should have pummeled every team on paper. But when you factor in their individuality, and how it seemed like the players wouldn't give up a puck unless they were absolutely forced to, it evened the playing field, and ended up sinking FS in the finals. This year, that team would be Red River, and there are only one or two select teams from ND that I think will actually be able to compete with them when they're playing together, and even then it'll be considered an upset. But if one team really wants it more than the other, they can come out on top, even without the individual high-caliber players.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to WDA