WDA 07-08

Teams of the West Region

Postby Orr4 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 pm

brownbomber wrote:how can a west team prove that without playing east teams? i think the west has to play a few games regular season to feel out the east and figure out it just takes some hard work to skate with an east team the whole game
I agree the west can stick with the east but by the end of the 3rd period the west just starts to get tired. West teams should get more games with the east, even if it means getting kicked around. The west has to know what the east can do and how well they all play their position.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jefferson Clark » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:00 am

you know what would also be cool and i have talked about this idea with a few people is have an east west all star type deal where you get the best players from each side and play a 3 game series or something
Jefferson Clark

Postby Orr4 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:54 am

Jefferson Clark wrote:you know what would also be cool and i have talked about this idea with a few people is have an east west all star type deal where you get the best players from each side and play a 3 game series or something
When you say that do you mean east vs west or combined teams?
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jefferson Clark » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:09 pm

east vs west i think it would be very interesting and also a good way for players to get exposure
Jefferson Clark

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:i think the east and west should have more regular season games against each other too maybe make it mandatory for you to play at least 4 or 5 teams

Wont happened till the west can prove they can play with the east, its not much of a game if there sitting there starting line and goalie and losing a game off the schedule that they could have scheduled with a more challenging oppenent from minnesota.
I'm sorry ditka14 but were u not at state last year. Williston stuck with Red River till what.....2 minutes left in the 3rd! Century did the same with Fargo South. Both of those teams proved that they can play with the east and i'm sure they gain some respect from the east players and coaches. 

GREAT POINT!!!....Knudson had 52 shots to 6.......Boldt had 47 to 9 shots all it was those two kept your team in the game...other then that you had no chance, its the thought that you had a close game where in all reality it was the West actually had better goailes this year then the east. If you watched the state championship game you could have seen that arnason and diecert are not very good.

52-6 and 47-9 if those are the shots you should lose not a close game as a sportscaster would say close game on the score board, but not in the books. Both games were dominated from the start by the east.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jefferson Clark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:59 pm

all that matters in the end of the game is the scoreboard
Jefferson Clark

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:48 pm

ya thats just like saying with these names you have the best team on paper but it dosnt matter if they dont do anything

what about when bhs beat hazen 1-0 and had like 72 ish shots on net was that a landslide victory
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockey4life » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:02 am

Ditka14 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:i think the east and west should have more regular season games against each other too maybe make it mandatory for you to play at least 4 or 5 teams

Wont happened till the west can prove they can play with the east, its not much of a game if there sitting there starting line and goalie and losing a game off the schedule that they could have scheduled with a more challenging oppenent from minnesota.
I'm sorry ditka14 but were u not at state last year. Williston stuck with Red River till what.....2 minutes left in the 3rd! Century did the same with Fargo South. Both of those teams proved that they can play with the east and i'm sure they gain some respect from the east players and coaches. 

GREAT POINT!!!....Knudson had 52 shots to 6.......Boldt had 47 to 9 shots all it was those two kept your team in the game...other then that you had no chance, its the thought that you had a close game where in all reality it was the West actually had better goailes this year then the east. If you watched the state championship game you could have seen that arnason and diecert are not very good.

52-6 and 47-9 if those are the shots you should lose not a close game as a sportscaster would say close game on the score board, but not in the books. Both games were dominated from the start by the east.

Hey Ditka14 why don't you just stop and give the west some credit, i mean yea the shots were that. But it doesn't mean you have to nag on the west they all played hard no matter what the shots were. So don't just go open your mouth about the shots when you were on neither team to know how that felt to stick with a team in the east and maybe that's what the west needed to get a start. During both of those games they had the east thinking this might happen we might get beat at least they put a little fear in the east.
Last edited by hockey4life on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:56 am

Saucesauer wrote:ya thats just like saying with these names you have the best team on paper but it dosnt matter if they dont do anything

what about when bhs beat hazen 1-0 and had like 72 ish shots on net was that a landslide victory

Ok that game was a landslide it was all BHS, the only thing hazen had going for them is that BHS couldn't find the back of the net. The same goes with the state games. On top of that i personally think the East was the weakest its been for a long time last year. They didn't have as much firepower as they had previous years.

I'm not bagging on the West im just saying the East wasn't as good this year, and they still pulled it out. Go West im from the West and I'm also a realistic when it comes to thing and the West isn't going anywhere fast in my mind.

Hockey4life, Im sure the West played there heart out which they should its the state tournament, but they still couldn't produce enough to win. They threw all they could at the east and they still came out on top. All im saying is with what the shots were...If Boldt or kudnutson didn't have a good game it would have been a sad game.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:ya thats just like saying with these names you have the best team on paper but it dosnt matter if they dont do anything

Ok that game was a landslide it was all BHS, the only thing hazen had going for them is that BHS couldn't find the back of the net. The same goes with the state games. On top of that i personally think the East was the weakest its been for a long time last year. They didn't have as much firepower as they had previous years.

I'm not bagging on the West im just saying the East wasn't as good this year, and they still pulled it out. Go West im from the West and I'm also a realistic when it comes to thing and the West isn't going anywhere fast in my mind.

Hockey4life, Im sure the West played there heart out which they should its the state tournament, but they still couldn't produce enough to win. They threw all they could at the east and they still came out on top. All im saying is with what the shots were...If Boldt or kudnutson didn't have a good game it would have been a sad game.

i dont think the west played bad and they just need a team that has a 3 lines that can play
Last edited by brownbomber on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:55 pm

brownbomber wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

i dont think the west played bad and they just need a team that has a 3 lines that can play

I agree and the funny thing is that bismarck high will have three solid lines. I don't know about any of the other teams? Maybe Williston
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:08 pm

BHS has 2 solid lines returning

seeberg, geis, norman     D labere, peterson

richter, hochalter, sullivan   D nordstrom hilsin

and than after that they have 7 other returners with 11 points between them

Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:00 am

Williston has all their starting defensman returning: Rehak, Miller, Laqua, Hanson

They also have their their whole 2nd, 3rd lines returing as well

They should do just fine in the west all depending on how their goalie does.

Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fellowes » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:35 am

Thats correct Saucesauer, Also Bismarck High has a very solid crop of sophomores coming in who will more then likely play a substantial role in giving the team the abilitly to be a threat on the ice alot more times than not, especially in a weak west region. Bismarck High loses very little from a team that only lost one west region game last year.

- Another returner unmentioned is Patrick Anderson who could put similar numbers up to that of Tyler Richter(19pts) Anderson was injured early his sophmore year and didnt make it back until tournament time. For those of you who have been around he is the younger brother of Tim Anderson(Ulness Award, All State) and Danny Anderson(All State Selection)

- The sophomores coming in are fairly good. There are 2 forwards who are on the bigger size  (comparable to LaBere 6'3" 190lbs. and Nordstrom6'3" 200lbs.) one of them is a USA Select Festival participant. I would say there are 3-4 of them who will see sufficient varsity time, who knows maybe 5?

- The Defense partners could be..  Labere, Nordstrom-  Peterson,Romanick- Hilsin,( enter sophomore here ), 7th D

- The top returning line accumulated 90pts last season as juniors.- Andrew Seeberg(30pts) -Cole Geis(30pts) -Josh Norman(30pts, may miss year due to Torn ACL)

- Jared Hochalter, Sean Sullivan, Tyler Richter( Select Festival participant) , Pat Anderson, Grant Mindt , and The Sophomores will comprise the 2nd and 3rd lines.

- In Goal Bismarck High has Drew Eichele who is a more than capable goaltender , especially on a team who will not allow many shots a game in the West Region.

**The chances that Bismarck has problems in the west are slim, but still there.
This team may not be a good team by everyones/anyones standards but I would have to say that they are probably the best West Region team. The power position in the west that Minot controlled the last 3 years is back to Bismarck. Its funny because its a cycle that has been repeating itself for years.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:00 pm

fellowes wrote:Thats correct Saucesauer, Also Bismarck High has a very solid crop of sophomores coming in who will more then likely play a substantial role in giving the team the abilitly to be a threat on the ice alot more times than not, especially in a weak west region. Bismarck High loses very little from a team that only lost one west region game last year.

- Another returner unmentioned is Patrick Anderson who could put similar numbers up to that of Tyler Richter(19pts) Anderson was injured early his sophmore year and didnt make it back until tournament time. For those of you who have been around he is the younger brother of Tim Anderson(Ulness Award, All State) and Danny Anderson(All State Selection)

- The sophomores coming in are fairly good. There are 2 forwards who are on the bigger size  (comparable to LaBere 6'3" 190lbs. and Nordstrom6'3" 200lbs.) one of them is a USA Select Festival participant. I would say there are 3-4 of them who will see sufficient varsity time, who knows maybe 5?

- The Defense partners could be..  Labere, Nordstrom-  Peterson,Romanick- Hilsin,( enter sophomore here ), 7th D

- The top returning line accumulated 90pts last season as juniors.- Andrew Seeberg(30pts) -Cole Geis(30pts) -Josh Norman(30pts, may miss year due to Torn ACL)

- Jared Hochalter, Sean Sullivan, Tyler Richter( Select Festival participant) , Pat Anderson, Grant Mindt , and The Sophomores will comprise the 2nd and 3rd lines.

- In Goal Bismarck High has Drew Eichele who is a more than capable goaltender , especially on a team who will not allow many shots a game in the West Region.

**The chances that Bismarck has problems in the west are slim, but still there.
This team may not be a good team by everyones/anyones standards but I would have to say that they are probably the best West Region team. The power position in the west that Minot controlled the last 3 years is back to Bismarck. Its funny because its a cycle that has been repeating itself for years.

I like how you pointed a lot of this out i actually forgot that anderson got hurt as well as that almost every bantam player from bis is going to BHS but in the losses department you cant say they didnt lose a lot because hillman kept them in a lot of games for example WDA champ game who are the 2 big kids comming in and what happened to norman
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:11 pm

There is no doubt about it.....BHS is most likely the top team in the west. But who is gonna be the #2, #3, #4 teams?
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey4life » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:59 pm

How I see it i got,

#2. Willston

#3.Dickinson

#4. Either Bottineau or Minot
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:08 am

CALVIN KRUEGER, CARSON WINKELS, MICHAEL BALZER
That was the top line on a Bismarck Nationals bantam team that I beleive went undefeated or near undefeated throughout the season agaisnt North and South opponents( bantams is sanctioned in this way ) I am not saying these guys are All Stars but I am saying they are just as capable of production as any returner on the Bismarck High squad.
***Joshua Norman was injured(ACL) in a soccer incident, I hold no information on how severe it was or the duration of the injury.
***Assistant Coach James Massen will not return next season.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:28 pm

fellowes wrote:CALVIN KRUEGER, CARSON WINKELS, MICHAEL BALZER
That was the top line on a Bismarck Nationals bantam team that I beleive went undefeated or near undefeated throughout the season agaisnt North and South opponents( bantams is sanctioned in this way ) I am not saying these guys are All Stars but I am saying they are just as capable of production as any returner on the Bismarck High squad.
***Joshua Norman was injured(ACL) in a soccer incident, I hold no information on how severe it was or the duration of the injury.
***Assistant Coach James Massen will not return next season.

krueger is very  nice shot big strong kid works hard
Last edited by brownbomber on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:20 am

Does anyone have any information on Norman?
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Re: WDA 07-08

Postby Orr4 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:06 pm

How did the teams look when they played at the jamboree?
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to WDA