WDA 07-08

Teams of the West Region

Postby hockey4life » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:13 am

What are your preseason predictions ?
Last edited by hockey4life on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby member01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:52 pm

I think Williston will come up big if they get their goaltending worked out but other than that they have the team to make it to state again and compete with the east
member01

Postby creiz » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:01 pm

if bismarck finds the right goalie, they will make state and maybe play with the east
if you do anything, you mine as well do it 100%.
creiz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Williston, Century, Bismarck, Dickinson should all be good next year. It might take Minot awhile to get everything together but they should still be up in the top 5. I don't know about Mandan. Hazen will be back down in the bottom of the list along with Bottineau. Jamestown lost a lot of players so I wouldn't expect much from them next year.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby creiz » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 pm

century also lost a lot too, 11 seniors
if you do anything, you mine as well do it 100%.
creiz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:06 pm

From things i heard is that century's jv team is decent but it's easy to be decent when u play half of your varsity team play a period of jv
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:13 pm

creiz wrote:century also lost a lot too, 11 seniors

also heard not many kids are going to CHS a lot going to BHS in younger groups
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:19 pm

west                                               east

#1  bismarck high                          #1  red river

#2  williston                                   #2  fargo south

#3  dickinson                                 #3  grafton-park river

#4  bottineau                                #4  fargo north

#5  minot                                       #5  devils lake

#6  jamestown                              #6  grand forks central

#7  century                                    #7  west fargo

#8  mandan                                   #8  fargo shanley

#9  hazen-beulah                          #9  whap-brek

hopefully i won't get ripped too hard for my predictions.  i based my predictions on how teams did this year, who they lost, and who moves up. 
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:47 pm

what moves dickinson and bottineau infront of minot i mean thats a big jump for both teams and minot being 2nd in wda this past season
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:54 am

looking at dickinson's roster, they don't lose much.  they will have some firepower up front and one of the top goal tenders in the state between the pipes.  i look for there goalie to steal a few games for them and dickinson works twice as hard as most teams on the ice.

bottineau lost herbal and heth, but they are adding a good group of freshman.  the kids have talent and size, so i look for them to contribute.  bottineau keeps getting more depth and they have a good steady goaltender.  he will be a junior and already has a year experience. 

minot does not have much besides a few players.  lack of depth and they don't have much coming up from the bantams.    
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:26 am

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:looking at dickinson's roster, they don't lose much.  they will have some firepower up front and one of the top goal tenders in the state between the pipes.  i look for there goalie to steal a few games for them and dickinson works twice as hard as most teams on the ice.

bottineau lost herbal and heth, but they are adding a good group of freshman.  the kids have talent and size, so i look for them to contribute.  bottineau keeps getting more depth and they have a good steady goaltender.  he will be a junior and already has a year experience. 

minot does not have much besides a few players.  lack of depth and they don't have much coming up from the bantams.    

Bottineau will be lower then minot. Bottineau loses McIntee, heth, and herbel the only one that had good number coming back is handeland.

The thing with Minot is they always find players to step up and win. They kind of always start out shakey, but they always seem to get up in the standings.

West

#1-BHS- They have everyone back basically minus hillman and mike goulet. If Aide comes back they could be even more stronger.

#2-DHS- Lose brian lee, other then that they have tons of freshman-juniors playing that got lots of playing time last year and good numbers. Plus they have kovacs one if not the best goalie in the state

#3-Minot- Loss alot but they are always good when people thought they are down you could say there my sleeper for sure. They have schmitts yet and skolgen as goalie. Should be slow at first, but start clicking 4 games in like usual.

#4-Williston- Great coach always come ready to play, have decent point returners coming back and defense should be solid.

#5-Bottineau- have handeland and one of the best coaches in my mind in the state. Should give a good run for state next year.

#6-Jamestown- Lost some much, but i still see them being either a 6 or 7.

#7-  Century- lost a crap load of seniors that were a big part to there success, but they have horner back and knutson 

#8- Mandan- If they can find a decent coach they might jump up, but other then that they need to rely on haugen and kline. Thought there is a real good freshman coming up that i could see playing on the first line austin reopelle. 

#9-Hazen- They have jake oster and lost there best player jayden okyland in my mind.

6-8 could be trickey there is a few teams that could move up or move down in the ranks through-out the year. It should be an interesting year i think in West Region play minus, i think BHS is going to take it all in the west they have some real fire power. If Aide would come back they should be a team to watch out for.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:07 am

Ditka14 wrote:
The Hockey Wizzard wrote:looking at dickinson's roster, they don't lose much.  they will have some firepower up front and one of the top goal tenders in the state between the pipes.  i look for there goalie to steal a few games for them and dickinson works twice as hard as most teams on the ice.

Bottineau will be lower then minot. Bottineau loses McIntee, heth, and herbel the only one that had good number coming back is handeland.

The thing with Minot is they always find players to step up and win. They kind of always start out shakey, but they always seem to get up in the standings.

West

#1-BHS- They have everyone back basically minus hillman and mike goulet. If Aide comes back they could be even more stronger.

#2-DHS- Lose brian lee, other then that they have tons of freshman-juniors playing that got lots of playing time last year and good numbers. Plus they have kovacs one if not the best goalie in the state

#3-Minot- Loss alot but they are always good when people thought they are down you could say there my sleeper for sure. They have schmitts yet and skolgen as goalie. Should be slow at first, but start clicking 4 games in like usual.

#4-Williston- Great coach always come ready to play, have decent point returners coming back and defense should be solid.

#5-Bottineau- have handeland and one of the best coaches in my mind in the state. Should give a good run for state next year.

#6-Jamestown- Lost some much, but i still see them being either a 6 or 7.

#7-  Century- lost a crap load of seniors that were a big part to there success, but they have horner back and knutson 

#8- Mandan- If they can find a decent coach they might jump up, but other then that they need to rely on haugen and kline. Thought there is a real good freshman coming up that i could see playing on the first line austin reopelle. 

#9-Hazen- They have jake oster and lost there best player jayden okyland in my mind.

6-8 could be trickey there is a few teams that could move up or move down in the ranks through-out the year. It should be an interesting year i think in West Region play minus, i think BHS is going to take it all in the west they have some real fire power. If Aide would come back they should be a team to watch out for.

Will Aide loves where hes at i dotn think he will come back
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:45 am

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:west                                               east

hopefully i won't get ripped too hard for my predictions.  i based my predictions on how teams did this year, who they lost, and who moves up. 

are you kidding fargo north is going to be terrible next year!
northdakotaprep35

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:35 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:
The Hockey Wizzard wrote:west                                               east

are you kidding fargo north is going to be terrible next year!
i think grafton might be a sleeper they are going to have some power with that sophmore line(juniors next year)
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:36 pm

This is about WDA so lets stick to the subject. I agree with hockey4life, its easy to be decent when you have half of your varisty team playing jv for period but when it comes time for playoffs, that is when you find out what a team is really made of.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:22 pm

What will be each teams top line if they have any or go to guy if any?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Bismarck High will have some fire power on their first line with Norman, Geis, and Seeberg, and does anybody know how good their backup was last year. Will he be the starter for them next year?
Last edited by hockey4life on Thu May 17, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey4life » Thu May 17, 2007 10:45 am

Dickinson will be up there in the standings next year they have a lot of returners and a really good goalie. They'll prolly end up 3rd or 4th maybe?
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby scrappy23 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Dickinson

Last edited by scrappy23 on Sat May 26, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scrappy23

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 27, 2007 11:46 am

what about them scrappy?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 27, 2007 11:46 am

bismarck high should be really tough and i think the west is going to make some noise at state finally this year
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Wed May 30, 2007 9:51 pm

I got the top 4 teams for the west this year going to state.

1. Bismarck High

2.Williston

3. Dickinson

4. Bottineau

Last edited by hockey4life on Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Thu May 31, 2007 8:33 am

Bottineau is the 4th seed. i heard that hazen might not have hockey next year in this true or just a rumor?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:17 am

hockey4life wrote:I got the top 4 teams for the west this year going to state.

1. Bismarck High

2.Williston

3. Dickinson

4. Bottineau

I don't see bottineau being the 4th seed, They lost what was there team last year and I don't see them being really good without him.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:45 am

Ditka14 wrote:
hockey4life wrote:I got the top 4 teams for the west this year going to state.

1. Bismarck High

2.Williston

3. Dickinson

4. Bottineau

I don't see bottineau being the 4th seed, They lost what was there team last year and I don't see them being really good without him.
Who do you see being the 4 seed?
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to WDA