Tournament teams

Teams of the West Region

Tournament teams

Postby hkyfan4life » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I was just wondering now that hockey is all said and done. How do they pick tournament teams? I know some of the logistics. I just think maybe a new way needs to be done because these teams always consist of many players from 1 team. Some of these teams that may not have a great win record, but some great talent does not get recognized. I feel Jamestown should have had Stillwell make the team as well. Hazen/Beulah could have had two players Olson and Murschel had great seasons with points maybe the team did not have such a great season, but better than many of the previous years. I know it is hard as the talent pool is great, but I think something needs to change a little to give some of the other teams a chance. I have also heard it is kind of a "you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours" with some coaches when they nominate players.
Not that I do not think that the players nominated should not be on the team, but I know for a fact some other players were deserving as well.
Just my thoughts maybe they can work out a new nominating system, maybe it is the way it should be. Just curious and thought I could find out more information.
hkyfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Tournament teams

Postby oly2 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 am

Your talking about tournament teams, not all west region. The reason why the top teams have more kids on the tournament team is because they have better tournaments. They don't lose the first two games, and make it to state so I'm just clearing that up.
oly2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hkyfan4life » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 pm

I am sorry I was referring to West Region. Thanks for the information above.
hkyfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hkyfan4life » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Here is the West Region Team

All West Region:
Thomas Malkmus F Sr. Bismarck High
Brandon Oliver F Sr. Bismarck High
Logan Millican F Sr. Bottineau/Rugby
Harrison Aide F So. Bottineau/Rugby
Alec Rauhauser F Jr. Bismarck Century
Zach Holmen F Sr. Bismarck Century
Tre Kautzman F So. Mandan
Mason Morelli F So. Minot High
Jake Stilwell F Jr. Jamestown
Bo Yesel D Sr. Bismarck High
Cody Longie D Jr. Bottineau/Rugby
Zach Kihle D Sr. Bottineau/Rugby
Marcus Abfalter D Sr. Bismarck Century
Dwight Mack D Sr. Mandan
Morgan Martelle D Jr. Minot High
Devon Butz G Sr. Bismarck Century
Tygh Yatskis G Jr. Jamestown

Which I agree has alot of talent and all deserved to be named so I do not want people to think that I am in any way saying these fine athletes do not deserve this. What I am trying to figure out is how they pick the players for example I was wrong about Stillwell he made the team and deserved too. Murschel and Olson had more points than some of the players listed or tied with some players. I am wondering is it because the team did not have the greatest year as some of the other teams or maybe Olson was viewed as having to many penalties? I just think that some of these other towns could have been represented as well. I just think sometimes you hear about some players more than others because they are coming off a team that had a great season. Who knows maybe these boys were not even nominated.
hkyfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA