Bottineau vs. Century for all the marbles

Teams of the West Region

Bottineau vs. Century for all the marbles

Postby outofstatefan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Bottineau beats Minot tonight 5-1 to set up tomorrows game with Century that will determine the west region championship and #1 tourney seed. Any thoughts?
outofstatefan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bottineau vs. Century for all the marbles

Postby Grinder » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:39 am

Idk about this one. Bottineau is unbeaten at home this year and the old lumberdome is a hard place to play. Century is very well balanced diciplined team and are going to be very tough to beat even at home for Bottineau. Bottineau has good offense but is little sketchy defensively at times. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere. I got Century winning it 3-2...Maybe?
Grinder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby outofstatefan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:35 am

Being a Bottineau supporter from afar, my concern is that they are coming off of a huge game physically and emotionally against Minot just last night. What is left in the tank for tonight? I hope they have something left.
outofstatefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oly2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 am

I think that Bott is going to beat Century tonight. They are just to good on home ice. No one can beat them up there.
oly2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Grinder » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Wow! What a hockey game tonight. Great atmosphere in the barn. Bottineau wins in ot 5-4. Century still wins region title. Well played game on both sides. Hoff pulled the goalie with game tied with about a minute to go and Bottineau certainly had chances to win it in regulation. Kind of a back an forth game in ot till Bottineau got a odd man rush to finish it off. Aide and Volk for Bottineau were both excellent tonight along with Rauhauser and Holmen for Century. Sure would like to see this matchup again for the region title game.
Grinder
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA