Bottineau at Century

Teams of the West Region

Bottineau at Century

Postby Grinder » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 pm

What does everyone think about this matchup saturday night? I got Century winning 3-1 simply because of goaltending and defensive zone play. Bottineau is a little sloppy in their own end and I think it going to finally bite them in the butt on saturday. I also think Century has the better goaltending of the 2 teams. Bottineau is great offensively but has not faced any good goaltending yet in the west region. Should be a good game either way.
Grinder
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bottineau at Century

Postby Clark17 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:16 pm

CHS is more defensively sound. That will be the difference. CHS 3 - Bott. 2
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby MJ4UND » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am

I believe the score to be a little higher. I pick Bottineau 5, Century 4.
MJ4UND
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Hockey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I would go with bott on this one. Century plays good D but botts offense will eventually get chances and capitalize. Century just doesn't have enough offense to keep up with bottineau's offense. I say bottineau wins 5-2.
ND Hockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Grinder » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am

I don't think Bottineau will be able to score on them like they do everybody else unless there is poor goaltending. Century has only given up 4 goals 3 times all yr. 1 of those looks to be a poor goaltending performance (stat wise) against Fargo Davies, another 4 goal game was against a very good EGF team, and the other one against Minot ( No excuse for this one must have been a bad night). If Century shows up in the net it will be low scoring.
Grinder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby legacy382 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Still....Niether Century (only EGF) nor Bottineau has really faced any of the top teams in the state( East-RR,GPR,North) to really gauge either teams defensive skills. So i think it will be a pretty close game with both teams scoring at least 3 goals.
legacy382
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westhockey » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:37 pm

One small correction. CHS played Fargo North the first game of the season. North won 2 - 1 but were outshoot 40-28. Here's the deal, I was at the BHS bottineau game two weeks ago. BHS lost in OT but in my opinion, BHS played the better game. BHS did everything but score which can happen some nights. Bottineau has a nice team but they won't won't be able to hang with CHS. Just like last season, get Bott out of their barn and have them play on a bigger sheet of ice, they look average at best. They only have two solid lines and they skate the crap out of them. Come west region time and having to play three games back to back to back, Bott will run out of gas. CHS will win by 3-4 goals. Bott will finish the regular season with the 2nd seed, lose in the semis to BHS, and play Jamestown in the play in game. Jamestown comes out on top this time having lost to Bott in two very close games early in the season. Your west region teams heading to state will look something like this; CHS / BHS (1 or 2), Minot (3), Jamestown (4).
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Hockey » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm

For teams going to state, also consider bott seeking a little revenge for how they played last year at the region tourney.
ND Hockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Metal Edge » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:41 pm

ND Hockey wrote:For teams going to state, also consider bott seeking a little revenge for how they played last year at the region tourney.

I would agree with you there. I think Bottineau embarrassed themselves last year after there lost to Mandan. It should be good game though. A high-powered offense against a stingy defence.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby the big show » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:59 pm

I too consider myself to be a hockey analyst, however i feel that it is a tish junior high when someone comes on here and degrades a team that has gone unbeaten in region play. Parents quit bragging up your kids, players get your homework done, and coaches... i hate to tell you but your players probably cant go pro. Quit using luck as an excuse, or the old barn from bottineau, go out and watch the games and give credit where credit is due. i have watched a few highschool games, and can tell you that it is about a 4 or 5 team toss up. Im going to guess CHS should be the better team... however that group of small town boys from good old btown just might hang in there. i guess time will tell.
the big show
NDPreps Starter

Postby ypsi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Thank you "the big show" for your comment.
ypsi
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Grinder » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:51 am

Well it was a heck of a game. I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. Both teams carried the play at times. I would give the 1st period to Century although both teams had their chances Century seemed to cycle for a bit in the offensive zone. 2nd period was mostly Bottineau buzzing the o zone and scoring a very nice goal on the powerplay. 3rd period was all Century out shooting Bottineau 10-1 I beleive and scoring 2 pp goals including the winner with 9 seconds to go. Poor clearing attempt right up the middle of the ice led to that goal. All in all thought it was a good game. Both goaltenders played good games. Both teams had their chances. One thing I noticed was that Century blocks alot of shots. I think the shots ended up 25 all but not sure on that one. Should be another good one up in Bottineau in a couple weeks possibly with the region title on the line.
Grinder
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA