Westisthebest wrote:Who do you think will be the leading contenders of the EDC this up coming season (2010-2011)
Here are my thoughts:
1) South (Etches, foster up front. question mark in net)
2) GPR (young talent in Callahan, goal tending can be unreal at times)
3) RR (Zauhi, Fugleberg, Lazotte, have opertunity for them to be higher, neis will be goalie but is out for first 2 games which could be devistating.)
4) GFC (Returning state champs should know how to win, Luke Johnson(barring he doesnt leave to St Cloud with his dad), Johnny Simonson, Jordy Aamot, Jeremy O'Keefe all had logged large amounts of playing time this past season, Question mark is huge in the net with no net minders to speak of except fuller maybe?)
5) West Fargo (all around average team with a goalie, could make things interesting.)
6) Fargo Davies ( a bit of a mystery coming in but could do some damage)
7) Fargo North
Just have to let you know, these are brutal picks.
We will start from the top of your "detailed" rankings
Etches is out for 4 games, foster goes to davies, and their goalie will be fiebger who has backed them up for 3 years now?
Grafton's goalie graduated, quite the "unreal goaltending" from college eh?
Fugleberg is injured for awhile, and neis being gone for 2 games isn't going to decide much for they play Wahp and Crookston (big games)
GFC 4th? LJ has the skill to carry the team on his own, but he is only a sophmore, so obviously wouldn't go to st. cloud with his dad...
Wf being average? they lost 1 good Defense and 1 good Forward...and they are going to be average? they have a few of the best players in the east, and a great goaltender, i'd give them a little more credit than that.
Nice pick on Davies though, they are made up of 2 jv south players and the rest bantam A/B kids, there is one kid taller than 5' and the rest are going to have a rough awakening playing against some big teams..
Fargo North deserves a little more credit than a blank space, they have plenty of young talent and both goaltenders returning, they also have seniors on their team that have played for 3 years now, should be interesting.
And I must have missed the other teams? Did Devils Lake join the West and Wahpeton join the USHL or what did i miss?