South/Davies

Teams of the East

South/Davies

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

I read in the paper that these two schools are planning on co-oping for hockey( not sure about other sports). They said they project about 40 kids total to come out for hockey. I could see this number being alot bigger but isnt 20 skaters a team enough? South has had more numbers than anyone else for a long time and I dont think this is fair. Ive played on a varsity hs team with 12 players before and we werent allowed to join another team. what is everyone elses thoughts on this?
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Re: South/Davies

Postby ctrain1369 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 am

They are co-oping because south is the biggest school in the state and for them to not be able to have a JV team or even compete at the varsity level would be a huge blow to the school. Im assuming you lived in the middle of nowhere and werent able to join with another school. South will have 14 kids trying out for their team next year according to the Fargo Forum while Davies would have the other 26. That 14, includes the upcoming seniors for south, of the 11 of them, i think you can plan on 5 of less coming back after the last two years with benson. Nobody liked wilson when he was here but when benson came, you know what they say, you dont no what you got till its gone
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:58 am

From a reliable source.... Its official.. Two seperate teams
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Is there a possibility that some kids who play Junior Gold will make a move to the high school teams?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby the_truth_hurts » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm

gfhockey wrote:From a reliable source.... Its official.. Two seperate teams

I saw that today in the paper! GOOD!!
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby washedupcentralkid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Its really to bad that fargo has to add another school even worse another hockey team....even if fargo had a city-wide tryout and picked only one varsity squad they still wouldnt be able to hang with either of the grand forks schools ( a much smaller town i might add)
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:10 pm

washedupcentralkid wrote:Its really to bad that fargo has to add another school even worse another hockey team....even if fargo had a city-wide tryout and picked only one varsity squad they still wouldnt be able to hang with either of the grand forks schools ( a much smaller town i might add)

You're an absolute fool. You give your city a bad name with your arrogance and absolute ignorance. The "Grand Forks All-City Team" this year did pretty well, congratulation on beating a very 'down' year in North Dakota. You guys did pretty well against Minnesota I heard though, Apple Valley huh? Ouch. Consider yourself lucky you didn't play any more competitive teams...

Either way, I have a feeling Junior Gold in Fargo will disintegrate. The talent pool will be very very spread out and the East is probably going to be a lot less competitive without South in the contention again. I have the feeling there'll be some sort of transfering like Grand Forks often does (as will the RR transfers to Central, Central transfers to RR, etc for sports). I'd look at West Fargo for the future Fargo team until Davies kicks up again.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd0606 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 pm

more kids getting an opportunity to play HS hockey is not a bad thing...regardless of whether the teams won't be able to be powerhouses...it gets more kids going in the programs...it's good for hockey if you ask me. It's not cool that coaches have ever had to cut players.
Last edited by nd0606 on Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clifford » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 am

um hockey high you have no idea what your talking about to put down central for losing to apple valley first of all you just made your self sound like a toddler and i would be quite embarrassed to be making fun of highschool hockey kids... GFC had 7 players play elites can you name another ND team that has done that before... if you didnt watch apple valley made it to the semis and were a top team in minn and central had a bad game the shots were about the same when they played... Fact fargo underachieves for how big of a city it is... Fact your so biased on here it makes people want to throw up... this is coming from a spoiler just because your name shows up as red doesnt mean ur god
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby slapshot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Only 2 players form G.F. deserved to go to Elite's. There were at least 5 more players from Fargo that should have went, then the team might have won more than 6 games
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:51 am

Grand Forks is a joke with all their transfers they have let's be honest. They cant win with a team from where they kids live at in the town.
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby tennis4me » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Instead of saying should have went it should be should have gone. It's no wonder you have no idea of what you are talking about.
tennis4me
NDPreps Rookie

Postby oldschoolhockey.com » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 am

If all the kids that "should" have played at red river would have stayed, then red river more then likely would have won. as far as elites, most if not all the central kids that played should have played. they held their own in that league. maybe some other fargo kids could have been on the team but there has to be minnesota kids on the team or of course, they would not win any games. ya right.
oldschoolhockey.com
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gostars » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

slapshot wrote:Only 2 players form G.F. deserved to go to Elite's. There were at least 5 more players from Fargo that should have went, then the team might have won more than 6 games

honestly? you must be crazy or something of the sort. the whole top line from central; johnson, purpur, and simonson. also ladue, ray, and o'kiefe. those five were all good players, now, i don't know if they all went to elites, but they are all the caliber-of-player that you need to play elites.
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby tennis4me » Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 pm

They all went to the Elites, plus a few more. The competion they faced at the Elite level is the best in the Midwest.
tennis4me
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gostars » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm

well said
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:35 pm

is it true that south and wahpeton tried to co/op for hockey this year?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Orr4 wrote:is it true that south and wahpeton tried to co/op for hockey this year?

No...I heard that Wahpeton and Shanley had talks of co-oping this year. But now Shanley and South will be co-oping this year...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to EDC