STATE TOURNEY

Teams of the East

STATE TOURNEY

Postby washedupcentralkid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

and predictions for first round games? i cant wait to watch south and williston play. I think the Jordan Nelson line up against the Peter Orson line will be very entertaining, should be a good game. I think All the games are a toss up (excluding the Central game i mean come on)
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

Re: STATE TOURNEY

Postby mplsfan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Can't disagree with you that Central is a favorite and them some but must you be so disparaging and mean spirited about it. I bet the kids from Bottineau have a soul too.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby FSHBruins10 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:28 pm

its pretty unanimous i would assume...central is going to skate all over bottineu and it wont be pretty what so ever...

central is going to win state. easy.
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 pm

mplsfan wrote:Can't disagree with you that Central is a favorite and them some but must you be so disparaging and mean spirited about it. I bet the kids from Bottineau have a soul too.

Upsets do happen but miracls are very hard to come by Bottineay will get destroyed weather they have a soul or not.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:57 am

i was just wondering how many of you guys have actually seen bottineau play. i had a friend from bottineau telling me how good they were, so went and watched them play a few times year. i was surprised, they got
some talent and depth. i don't think they will beat central, but i also don't think they will get destroyed. i guess if you haven't watched them play, how can you make an assumption. come on guys, bottineau has a population of 2500 and grand forks probably has more than that in there school system. i think it's great they made state and who knows maybe the hard working boys from bottineau can pull off an upset.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 am

I have seen bottineau play....im from the west and i support west hockey but they literally have 0 chance....hopefully GFC shows some mercy.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clifford » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 am

I know i am going out on a limb but i think the braves pull it out... 1-0 scrappy hardworking game go West!
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:I have seen bottineau play....im from the west and i support west hockey but they literally have 0 chance....hopefully GFC shows some mercy.

So what team from the west really has a chance? Seriously. If Minot can play Central 2-0 and 4-0 I think Bottineau could also make it respectable. They would have to get stellar tending and Central would have to flat. That was probably the case against a subpar Minot team. It will probably be 8, 9, 10 to 0, maybe worse. They will for sure be outshot 2 or 3 to 1 just like almost every team Central has played. I find funny however that some people on this forum act like Bottineau is the only team Central is gonna roll. Judging by the EDC scores do any of the east teams belong in tournament with Central? GPR 0 Central 8 in the EDC semis?
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Clark17 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:I have seen bottineau play....im from the west and i support west hockey but they literally have 0 chance....hopefully GFC shows some mercy.

So what team from the west really has a chance? Seriously. If Minot can play Central 2-0 and 4-0 I think Bottineau could also make it respectable. They would have to get stellar tending and Central would have to flat. That was probably the case against a subpar Minot team. It will probably be 8, 9, 10 to 0, maybe worse. They will for sure be outshot 2 or 3 to 1 just like almost every team Central has played. I find funny however that some people on this forum act like Bottineau is the only team Central is gonna roll. Judging by the EDC scores do any of the east teams belong in tournament with Central? GPR 0 Central 8 in the EDC semis?

I think the other 3 west teams have a chance to win their first game. The only reason minot was that close is because they have stellar tending.....bottineau does not. Central will most likely roll through the tournament but the first round should be the easiest by far....and didnt GPR beat central during the season? Sure it was kind of a fluke but GPR and South could give them a good game.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Clark17 wrote:So what team from the west really has a chance? Seriously. If Minot can play Central 2-0 and 4-0 I think Bottineau could also make it respectable. They would have to get stellar tending and Central would have to flat. That was probably the case against a subpar Minot team. It will probably be 8, 9, 10 to 0, maybe worse. They will for sure be outshot 2 or 3 to 1 just like almost every team Central has played. I find funny however that some people on this forum act like Bottineau is the only team Central is gonna roll. Judging by the EDC scores do any of the east teams belong in tournament with Central? GPR 0 Central 8 in the EDC semis?

You do realize both Grafton and South beat Central? I really don't think either team will be able to beat them in state tournament play, but you never know.

Here are my picks (in bold):
#1W-Bismarck High vs #4E-West Fargo
#2E-Fargo South vs #3W-Williston
#1E-G.F. Central vs #4W-Bottineau
#2W-Bismarck Century vs #3E-Grafton/Park River
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 pm

i remember reading your post throughout the season and you have always cut down bottineau. either you are a mandan fan or have something against the team. they are a small school competing with the big boys, why not give them some credit. i would say if bottineau continues to get strong goaltending, the game will be closer than what you think.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd0606 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Unity77 wrote:
Clark17 wrote:So what team from the west really has a chance? Seriously. If Minot can play Central 2-0 and 4-0 I think Bottineau could also make it respectable. They would have to get stellar tending and Central would have to flat. That was probably the case against a subpar Minot team. It will probably be 8, 9, 10 to 0, maybe worse. They will for sure be outshot 2 or 3 to 1 just like almost every team Central has played. I find funny however that some people on this forum act like Bottineau is the only team Central is gonna roll. Judging by the EDC scores do any of the east teams belong in tournament with Central? GPR 0 Central 8 in the EDC semis?

You do realize both Grafton and South beat Central? I really don't think either team will be able to beat them in state tournament play, but you never know.

Could've just made it easy and said you were picking all the EDC teams.
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm

I'll take Central, South, GPR, and Bismarck, then South and Central, then Central
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Clark17 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
Clark17 wrote:

I think the other 3 west teams have a chance to win their first game. The only reason minot was that close is because they have stellar tending.....bottineau does not. Central will most likely roll through the tournament but the first round should be the easiest by far....and didnt GPR beat central during the season? Sure it was kind of a fluke but GPR and South could give them a good game.

I meant chance against Central. I don't think Williston has a chance against south, they are not deep enough. The Bismarcks on the other hand both have legititmate chances to adavance. Will they? If they play like the Bismarcks I have watched I would say yes. Like I said previously I don't think anyone has a chance against Central, they could open up against any of the other 7 participants and the result will most likely be the same. Ya, GPR did beat Central once, they also lost 3 times by the score of 8 - 0.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Top Shelf wrote:

i remember reading your post throughout the season and you have always cut down bottineau. either you are a mandan fan or have something against the team. they are a small school competing with the big boys, why not give them some credit. i would say if bottineau continues to get strong goaltending, the game will be closer than what you think.

simple truth is I just dont think they are any good. I am a mandan fan, and while they might not be any good either, they at least had a good player. The size of your town doesnt matter, what matters is how many kids go out for your program and I believe bottineau has a full JV team? Thats more than many west teams can say. Wasn't goaltending a weak point for bottineau all year? Well I think its going to be 10-0 so maybe just maybe it will be closer.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:

simple truth is I just dont think they are any good. I am a mandan fan, and while they might not be any good either, they at least had a good player. The size of your town doesnt matter, what matters is how many kids go out for your program and I believe bottineau has a full JV team? Thats more than many west teams can say. Wasn't goaltending a weak point for bottineau all year? Well I think its going to be 10-0 so maybe just maybe it will be closer.

They at least had 1 good player? So Riopelle had 5 more points than Bottineau's top scorer Serhienko big deal. I guess it bit Mandan in the butt for relying on 1 player to get the job done. If he would of had some supporting cast like Bottineau maybe Mandan would be playing this weekend. Goaltending was a weak point for Bottineau throughout the season but they have had good goaltending the last 4 games. You should know that Brooks had 57 saves in the tie against Mandan. Not saying that Bottineau will win but if they get solid goaltending it could be respectable. I also feel that Tony Bina has a lot of respect for Dave Hoff and won't let his boys run it up to bad if it turns into that kind of game.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 am

ih8gophers wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:

The game will be at least 10 - 0. I know score watching isnt very accurate but Central beat Century in the Stadstad like 8-1, outshooting them by like 25-30. Century beat Bott. 10-2, outshooting them by about 30. doesnt look good for bottineau. They will get skated all over by central it wont even be fun to watch. maybe some highlight goals though.

They at least had 1 good player? So Riopelle had 5 more points than Bottineau's top scorer Serhienko big deal. I guess it bit Mandan in the butt for relying on 1 player to get the job done. If he would of had some supporting cast like Bottineau maybe Mandan would be playing this weekend. Goaltending was a weak point for Bottineau throughout the season but they have had good goaltending the last 4 games. You should know that Brooks had 57 saves in the tie against Mandan. Not saying that Bottineau will win but if they get solid goaltending it could be respectable. I also feel that Tony Bina has a lot of respect for Dave Hoff and won't let his boys run it up to bad if it turns into that kind of game.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:42 pm

ih8gophers wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:

Riopelle is far better than any player on bottineau. Bottineau plays non-conference games against teams that make wahpeton look good.....cant hurt their point totals. I was at that bottineau/mandan and mandan may have had a lot of shots but few of them were high quality.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:08 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:

Riopelle is far better than any player on bottineau. Bottineau plays non-conference games against teams that make wahpeton look good.....cant hurt their point totals. I was at that bottineau/mandan and mandan may have had a lot of shots but few of them were high quality.

So whats your excuse for Mandan? Should they still play in the Williston holiday tourny. Some fine teams there also.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Unity77 wrote:

well you are 0 for 2 so far
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Clark17 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Clark17 wrote:

I meant chance against Central. I don't think Williston has a chance against south, they are not deep enough. The Bismarcks on the other hand both have legititmate chances to adavance. Will they? If they play like the Bismarcks I have watched I would say yes. Like I said previously I don't think anyone has a chance against Central, they could open up against any of the other 7 participants and the result will most likely be the same. Ya, GPR did beat Central once, they also lost 3 times by the score of 8 - 0.

I was wrong about Williston, good for them and the west. 4-1 over South.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Clark17 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:

So whats your excuse for Mandan? Should they still play in the Williston holiday tourny. Some fine teams there also.

better than the teams bott plays, but you have a good point. Williston 4-1 wow didnt see that coming, east must be down more than anyone thought this year.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd0606 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:25 pm

It's about time the West gets a chance.
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Jeez! Them roustabouts can play hockey!! Good for Willy.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

so happy williston pulled it off!!
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to EDC