STATE TOURNEY

Teams of the East

Re: STATE TOURNEY

Postby EastistheBest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:29 am

Sioux4ever wrote:
ctrain1369 wrote:All that stuff is true about South, but i know alot of the players and they have told me they feel bad they left the ice in the Williston game, it wasnt because they were stuff at williston for winning, they are happy for them, it was because of their coach ruinning their senior year, there were 7 underclassman on South this year most of them the seniors felt didnt belong on varsity hockey, so they said they are sorry to disrespect williston like that, but it was purely anger towards the coaching staff.
The coaches didnt bench the two players for there game against WF on friday, that South didnt care about anyway. South looked like crap in that game, and didnt even want to be there. They are a team that expects to get to the Championship every year, and when they dont, the season is over whether or not they have a game or two left (hence the 4th place finish in 09)
As for the gatorade bottle, that was also a seniors parent, and she has been sending letters to the board all season about the coaching staff and how they ruined this team. Benson will not be a coach at Fargo South next year. Had the best team to come out of South last year, lost that, had a very competitive team this year and lost as well.

This is one of the more annoying posts in a while. They didnt play hard because they weren't in the championship game or winner's side? Maybe that is part of what is wrong with South. You play every game, and you play every game hard, regardless of what position it is for. They expect to get to the championship every year. So do other teams, that is no excuse for throwing the towel in if they lose. They should have a little more pride for the jersey they wear. If the 2 players were not benched, why did someone mention that they were not playing? Did they play?

Looks like the players should worry about playing, the parents should worry about parenting, and let the coaches worry about coaching. This is just another poor excuse.

I, for one, have grown tired of the constant complaining and excuse making that comes from the South players "friends" on this message board. Maybe I am alone in this perspective, and then again, maybe not

I agree 100%. It doesn't matter what you're playing for, any good player is going to go out and play hard the entire game. And how can a school go out and expect to win state every year, if you start a season with that mind set and you don't win then a season is going to be a heartbreak. But that is no reason not to go out and play games hard. The only team in the state that even should've considered winning state from the get go was central. South never should've had that in mind until they won the last regular season game against Central. As for walking off the ice before the hand shake. Classless. If you lose you have to man up and take what you got there's no excuse for walking off the ice, it doesn't matter if you lost to any team or you hate your coach. This isn't peewee hockey anymore and the thought of walking off the ice should not have even come into their heads. As for parents throwing things on the ice, what kind of example is that showing players on the ice regardless if they are seniors or underclassmen, no wonder they walked off the ice.
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyboss » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 pm

all you arrogant ignorant central fans should shut up. central vs state?? central would get whooped. hockey is all they have. its everything. ya you won!! congrats, but guess what. the thing is, your kids are going nowhere. specially if there as arrogant as your commentors. you just make yourself look likes fools and goons, specially after losing to south and grafton an such teams. just shows ANYONE could have beat you, despite the odds. surprised those kids and fans were able to even compete come the end of the year, judging by your guys's reason, they should all be in the nhl by now. right?
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tennis4me » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Just maybe you should write about something other than hockey, because it is obvious you know nothing about the game. Some of these kids would like to play college hockey and they will. As far as central vs the state forget it, it's not going to happen, so give it a rest.Try Bocce ball.
tennis4me
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RednBlack 010 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Clifford wrote:First of all fargo south shows no class with all the incidents that have gone on second of all the thread that they started about RR not making state is rediculous how many times have your schools not made it to state i am assuming more then once the only thing south accomplished by making it to state this year was two more losses on ther record congrats... and as for Hockey High talking up south all the time you say how good they were compared to the state last year well that is also rediculous considering they took 4th place lost to central twice lost to red river lost to bismark tell me one thing how does that prove they are superior to the state? Whoever said that clifford won a state championship is an idiot considering clifford is a big red dog and i could hardly believe that he even knows how to skate...

I Agree, it would be extremely difficult for a big red dog to skate
RednBlack 010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Westisthebest » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:57 pm

You would think it would be hard for a big red dog to type though too.. Maybe its just me
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RednBlack 010 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Ya its just you
RednBlack 010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 pm

grow up guys obviously i am not really a big red dog
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:23 pm

We don't need the inappropriate comments in the Hockey forums, participating in bashing or insulting a player, coach or administration personally is clearly violating the terms of the forums. Be respectful, I don't care if you joke around but don't take it out on the participants. Posts deleted and warnings will be given out, you guys are smarter than that.
I'm fine with messing around about the Clifford thing, but derogatory terms directed at anyone aren't acceptable. Thanks
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Sorry for using just your quote Cliff, but it kinda sums up everything I wanted to say ha
Clifford wrote:First of all fargo south shows no class with all the incidents that have gone on second of all the thread that they started about RR not making state is rediculous how many times have your schools not made it to state i am assuming more then once the only thing south accomplished by making it to state this year was two more losses on ther record congrats... and as for Hockey High talking up south all the time you say how good they were compared to the state last year well that is also rediculous considering they took 4th place lost to central twice lost to red river lost to bismark tell me one thing how does that prove they are superior to the state? Whoever said that clifford won a state championship is an idiot considering clifford is a big red dog and i could hardly believe that he even knows how to skate...

As far as I know Clifford (the user) is out of Grafton, so relatively certain he didn't win state this year.

Also, regarding South, if all of the other cities are going to tear them down for things that have happened and no one is going to defend them, I will. Did you see these forums covered with posts about Red River when their fans, both parents and students were throwing bottles, cans and fire ups on the ice and at players of the other team when they lost state to Grafton? No, because a majority of the people here aren't going to make a big deal about it against a Grand Forks prominent forum. That doesn't mean you can bash other teams, which is why I come to their defense (I do it for pretty much anyone, hate to break it to you). I talked up Central this year, South last year, and Red River the year before. Not because I'm switching cities yearly, but because they're the most talented teams.

If you want to argue about what has happened with South's 'incidents' most of them have already been covered before, you can read them instead of bringing them up again... Especially the Peanut Butter fiasco and more here (click).
It's a pretty common occurrence for the top teams, such as Grafton, Red River, Central and South to collapse after a loss at State. The players simply aren't looking forward to playing in a 3rd place game at the Purpur or Olympic, they want to play for the Championship. All of these teams do it, not just South.

I absolutely agree that it was completely disrespectful of the parent and the players in both incidents. However, these are individual's choices, not the whole of the school. If you'd really like to, these players and parents did demonstrate the lack of control of the coaching staff over their players/parents, so maybe it's simply showing their points. Unfortunately they did it in the wrong way. I'm pretty sure South's administration will be addressing the coaching issue pretty quickly, even if it was too late for those teams.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby S19/SPYNE » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 am

anyone think central was the underdogs? i mean the west did have 3 teams make it to the semifinal round they were outstanding at state.
S19/SPYNE
NDPreps Rookie

Postby goteam11 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:08 am

S19/SPYNE wrote:anyone think central was the underdogs? i mean the west did have 3 teams make it to the semifinal round they were outstanding at state.

where are you from? obviously not from north dakota. And if you are from north dakota.. do some research or use common sense. obviously central wasnt the underdogs.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clifford » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:14 am

How do you know i am from grafton thats creepy
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to EDC