South Vs. RR/GFC

Teams of the East

South Vs. RR/GFC

Postby Clifford » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 pm

South plays RR on Friday and GFC on Sat. any thoughts?
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Re: South Vs. RR/GFC

Postby superstar 701 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 pm

That should be an intense game with alot on the line. This is very important for each team's edc seeding.
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I think South better enjoy the pool at the hotel, because I don't think they are gonna have much fun at the 2 hockey games. Tough weekend to be a Bruin. Grand Forks sweeps South.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 pm

My guess would have been South over Red River and then a loss to GFC but half of that already happened so I cant feel too great about myself
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDsports19 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:22 pm

i heard the refs did a good job in this game and that red river should have won in regulation time
NDsports19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:50 pm

NDsports19 wrote:i heard the refs did a good job in this game and that red river should have won in regulation time

If they did a good job how would have the game not went the right way?
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:
NDsports19 wrote:i heard the refs did a good job in this game and that red river should have won in regulation time

If they did a good job how would have the game not went the right way?

Because the game is in Grand Forks, obviously.
Only kidding of course.

But anyways, South beat RR in OT and South is currently up on Central 3-0!
Interesting...
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 pm

South has certainly stepped up their hockey play the past week!! When the bruins want to play, they are GOING TO PLAY! This is going to be a great EDC tournament next weekend in FARGO! So much for that GF sweep huh?
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:54 am

FSHBruins10 wrote:South has certainly stepped up their hockey play the past week!! When the bruins want to play, they are GOING TO PLAY! This is going to be a great EDC tournament next weekend in FARGO! So much for that GF sweep huh?

Great weekend for South. Proved me wrong in a big way. Good for them. EDC should be fun. How are the pairings set up???
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 am

FSHBruins10 wrote:South has certainly stepped up their hockey play the past week!! When the bruins want to play, they are GOING TO PLAY! This is going to be a great EDC tournament next weekend in FARGO! So much for that GF sweep huh?

Yes the Bruins stepped it up this weekend but we can all clearly see you are a bruins fan. Dont get me wrong, im not trying to pull the bruins down but they havent been very consistent.

old#63 wrote:

Great weekend for South. Proved me wrong in a big way. Good for them. EDC should be fun. How are the pairings set up???

As for pairings,

#1-G.F. Central
#8-Fargo Shanley or #9-Wahpeton-Breckenridge

#4-West Fargo
#5-Grafton-Park River

#2-Fargo South
#7-Devils Lake

#3-G.F. Red River
#6-Fargo North
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 am

Both GPR/West Fargo in season games were decided by one goal. GPR won the first one and WF won the second. Should be a good opening round game.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 pm

dont get too high on yourself. south played well against red river and won the game. the winning goal was somehow questionable with the goalie covering the puck for awhile with out a whistle while south hacked away and got the puck loose and scored, however, red river should have protected the goalie better and obviously the game was not decided on one play. and as far as south beating central..central played their back up goalie for most of the game so dont get yourself too pumped up.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargohockey1093 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:33 pm

P4KNBD wrote:

dont get too high on yourself. south played well against red river and won the game. the winning goal was somehow questionable with the goalie covering the puck for awhile with out a whistle while south hacked away and got the puck loose and scored, however, red river should have protected the goalie better and obviously the game was not decided on one play. and as far as south beating central..central played their back up goalie for most of the game so dont get yourself too pumped up.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw this comment. The week before they were swept but now this weekend they do good and think they are the sweet.

old#63 wrote:Both GPR/West Fargo in season games were decided by one goal. GPR won the first one and WF won the second. Should be a good opening round game.

I think any of the games COULD be close but only that one and possible another will turn out to be that way
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby WILD4EVER » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 am

ya central did play their back up goalie for most of the game because lang got pulled after letting in 3 goals in the first period.
WILD4EVER
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ctrain1369 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 am

P4KNBD wrote:

Lets not forget RR contraversial 3rd goal. A shot from the point tipped down by a RR forward that looked to be a good foot over the net. Anyway South had a great weekend and it is a good time for them to get hot. Jumped out early on both teams, and it seemed to surprise RR and Central. Central seemed to walk into the game expecting a 6-1 victory though, but after 3 quick goals, Lang was pulled. Central seemed real flat and never got it going. Great Job by south to get it going now right before playoff time, alot like RR last year. South did get swept by Bismark teams, but other than that should be considered the 2nd team in the east like they are. They would have the same record as Central without 2 very disappointing ties to DL and WF. Had those games become wins they would have the same EDC record as Central including a very impressive win over Moorhead. Dont under estimate them, cause if they want to turn it on, they can be the best team in the state, as for Central and RR.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyrocks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:19 pm

P4KNBD wrote:

central played seth lang in the first period of the south game, he had 8 shots on him and let 3 in, derek fuller was put in for the remander of the game and he had 12 shots on him an let 1 in. central players must of been havin a bad night or maybe there #1 goalie was.
hockeyrocks
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndhockey4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 am

ctrain1369 wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:

Lets not forget RR contraversial 3rd goal. A shot from the point tipped down by a RR forward that looked to be a good foot over the net. Anyway South had a great weekend and it is a good time for them to get hot. Jumped out early on both teams, and it seemed to surprise RR and Central. Central seemed to walk into the game expecting a 6-1 victory though, but after 3 quick goals, Lang was pulled. Central seemed real flat and never got it going. Great Job by south to get it going now right before playoff time, alot like RR last year. South did get swept by Bismark teams, but other than that should be considered the 2nd team in the east like they are. They would have the same record as Central without 2 very disappointing ties to DL and WF. Had those games become wins they would have the same EDC record as Central including a very impressive win over Moorhead. Dont under estimate them, cause if they want to turn it on, they can be the best team in the state, as for Central and RR.

disappointing ties??? south is lucky to have tied west fargo if anything... if you weren't at the game west fargo had way more chances to score and had possession most of the game. If south didn't have Bucholz in net they would be nothing
ndhockey4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockeyrocks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:42 am

ya central did play there backup goalie most of the game cuz lang let in 3 in the first period, after that it was hard for central to get pumped and score with 3 down. they did score 1 after that but was hard for them to get goin after 3 down. south wanted it more. south came to play central and a win is a win. whoever comes to play at edc will take 1st it could be a mix up. central is number 1 but they have been beat by grafton an fargo south, so its up to who ever comes to play, and who wants it more. central deserves it they have played hard for that #1 spot but it all depends like i said who comes to play and who wants it more. good luck all teams.
hockeyrocks
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Pretty much all that needs to be said about those games has been said but I'll interject here...
hockeyrocks wrote:central is number 1 but they have been beat by grafton an fargo south, so its up to who ever comes to play, and who wants it more. central deserves it they have played hard for that #1 spot but it all depends like i said who comes to play and who wants it more. good luck all teams.

Central is the most talented team in the state. That doesn't mean they 'deserve' it more than any other team though. No team 'deserves' any game, they earn it. However they earn that win is up to them, but even the best teams fall short. There's no doubt in my mind Central is the best team this year just like there was no doubt in my mind South was the best team last year and Red River before that. Unfortunately for all of these teams, they don't get things handed to them because they 'deserve' them.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 pm

The top three teams can all beat eachother, Im sick of hearing the excuses and bragging from all the teams on here cus they lost or because they won a game. This year its all about who shows up to play
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC