Goalies

Teams of the East

Re: Goalies

Postby goteam11 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm

washedupcentralkid wrote:wow you guys are ignorant about goaltending, your holding it agains Lang because he didnt get peppered? have you ever thought that a goalie who sits back in his net and doesnt see a shot for five min at a time and faces 10 to 15 shots a game has to have extremely good focus to save every puck? I honestly think seth would have had more shutouts if he faced more shots he would get in a rythym that every goalie gets in, i can guarntee that no other goalie in the state playing for central would have posted that many shutouts. HANDS DOWN seth lang was the best goalie this year and last year for that matter

oh wow your right my bad. south "peppered" him with what? 8 shots in the first period and he left in three? HANDS DOWN the best... riiiiigggghhhhttt
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby RednBlack 010 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Lang is easily the best goalie in the state by far hands down, and trying to defend south is a joke, cuz they did sooooooo well in state, and got stomped by GFC in EDC championship when central had something to play for, Lang had 2 shutouts in state and only allowed 1 goal which was on a 6 on 4
RednBlack 010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyrocks » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 am

washedupcentralkid u must be seths daddy, u got to be nobody brags up a kid like that unless there related. other goalies in the state had far more shots on net, seth had a awesome team in front of him. and i mean awesome. he also didnt get much quality shots on him especially in state which i seen, shots that were on him were so weak and from the blueline, he went on the side and tapped the puck to central player. everybody seen what they seen and u call us ignorant, we seen the weak shots, and sat back while his name got mentioned and couldnt help but laugh when he got player of the game for the championship game it should of been jaread sorlien he got a goal and assist or brendan gust who give 110 %. we will just have to see how far seth goes after this. when he sees quality shots on another team that isnt as awesome as central. good luck seth,
hockeyrocks
NDPreps Rookie

Postby purple_drank » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 am

I can say I'm not from Grand Forks and I think Lang from Central is best in the EDC, I don't know if he is the best in the state because I don't know much about the west so it wouldn't be fair if I said he was. But the kid from Williston in my oppion had a superb game in the semi-final vs. bismark
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:23 pm

hockeyrocks wrote:washedupcentralkid u must be seths daddy, u got to be nobody brags up a kid like that unless there related. other goalies in the state had far more shots on net, seth had a awesome team in front of him. and i mean awesome. he also didnt get much quality shots on him especially in state which i seen, shots that were on him were so weak and from the blueline, he went on the side and tapped the puck to central player. everybody seen what they seen and u call us ignorant, we seen the weak shots, and sat back while his name got mentioned and couldnt help but laugh when he got player of the game for the championship game it should of been jaread sorlien he got a goal and assist or brendan gust who give 110 %. we will just have to see how far seth goes after this. when he sees quality shots on another team that isnt as awesome as central. good luck seth,

We call you ignorant because you are a idiot whose grammerical skills just made my eyes bleed, he may be Lang's relative but if you are making assumptions like that I am going to assume that you currently attend a elementary school. Due to the fact I just "seen" how you type.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby superstar 701 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Good point washedupcentralkid, agreed.
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby superstar 701 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:35 pm

goteam11 wrote:
washedupcentralkid wrote:wow you guys are ignorant about goaltending, your holding it agains Lang because he didnt get peppered? have you ever thought that a goalie who sits back in his net and doesnt see a shot for five min at a time and faces 10 to 15 shots a game has to have extremely good focus to save every puck? I honestly think seth would have had more shutouts if he faced more shots he would get in a rythym that every goalie gets in, i can guarntee that no other goalie in the state playing for central would have posted that many shutouts. HANDS DOWN seth lang was the best goalie this year and last year for that matter

oh wow your right my bad. south "peppered" him with what? 8 shots in the first period and he left in three? HANDS DOWN the best... riiiiigggghhhhttt

He said Lang didnt get peppered you tool.
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby superstar 701 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:38 pm

goteam11 wrote:
Clifford wrote:Seth Lang Grand Forks Central only let in 19 goals all year. He had 12 shutouts. .81 goals against in 23 games with a 94.2 Save % If you think all of this is good you should see him in practice hes one of the fastest goalies you will see. None of this is bragging him up its the fact honestly.

All of that is due to the team that he played for. Not saying Seth isnt good, but not the best in the state. ALL of those stats are because he was on a team that gave up 326 shots all year, ( most shots in a game against them in a game against a ND opponent was 20). The next highest save percentage from a starting goalie was 92.7 ( nick helmers, Mandan) He saw 708 shots ( over twice as many).

Now im not saying that helmers is the best in the state either, but I dont think seth lang is the best. just a comparison to think about.

Yea, he saw 2wice as many shot, but keep in mind washedupcentralkid's point, and the fact that those were shots coming from hockey players in the west.
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 pm

superstar 701 wrote:
goteam11 wrote:
Clifford wrote:Seth Lang Grand Forks Central only let in 19 goals all year. He had 12 shutouts. .81 goals against in 23 games with a 94.2 Save % If you think all of this is good you should see him in practice hes one of the fastest goalies you will see. None of this is bragging him up its the fact honestly.

All of that is due to the team that he played for. Not saying Seth isnt good, but not the best in the state. ALL of those stats are because he was on a team that gave up 326 shots all year, ( most shots in a game against them in a game against a ND opponent was 20). The next highest save percentage from a starting goalie was 92.7 ( nick helmers, Mandan) He saw 708 shots ( over twice as many).

Now im not saying that helmers is the best in the state either, but I dont think seth lang is the best. just a comparison to think about.

Yea, he saw 2wice as many shot, but keep in mind washedupcentralkid's point, and the fact that those were shots coming from hockey players in the west.

yeah. coming from hockey players in the west like Jordan Nelson, Jace Kusler, Cote Dickerson, Austin Riopelle, Logan Rauhauser, Calvin Krueger, Seth Seirhenko, Dan Kovar, and Trevor Huck. ( 9 of the top 15 point getters in the state).
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Top Shelf » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 pm

i don't think we can make a fair judgement on seth lang. he has so many talented players that he just doesn't have to do much. i watched the state tournament and i think both bottineau and bismarck high each had about 2-3 good scoring chances and bismarck century had maybe about 5-6 good chances which they scored on one. all the other shots he faced were outside the offensive zone, dump-ins, or shots along the boards. he might be good but he has never really been tested. i don't think you can make this into a west-east disscussion. i think if a goalie is good, he is good i don't care were or who he plays for. you guys in the east need to swallow your ego's at times and give the kids from the west some credit.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am

Goalies in my opionion go 1. Lang 2. Neis 3. Bucholz
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastistheBest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 am

I'd switch Neis and Bucholz. Bucholz has proved he's better but Neis is obvioulsy going to improve he's only a sophomore
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby superstar 701 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:55 am

goteam11 wrote:
superstar 701 wrote:
goteam11 wrote:

yeah. coming from hockey players in the west like Jordan Nelson, Jace Kusler, Cote Dickerson, Austin Riopelle, Logan Rauhauser, Calvin Krueger, Seth Seirhenko, Dan Kovar, and Trevor Huck. ( 9 of the top 15 point getters in the state).

Yea they do have a ton of points.. because they play in the west..
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 pm

good point that is in the west
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Clifford wrote:good point that is in the west

why is that a good point? the west was better than the east this year.

Also Nelson and Krueger each had four points when they played south. Im sure Kusler and Rauhauser also had multiple points when south came to bismarck.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby yellowsquash » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm

goteam11 wrote:
Clifford wrote:good point that is in the west

why is that a good point? the west was better than the east this year.

Also Nelson and Krueger each had four points when they played south. Im sure Kusler and Rauhauser also had multiple points when south came to bismarck.

why cant you guys just give the west credit for what they accomplished instead of bashing every player and team from the west?
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

I will give credit to the west when they win state on a regular bases
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Outside of ONE team (Central) the West had more talent than the East this year. Stop using that argument, it was proven in the state tournament this year. Everyone bashing the WDA needs to realize that the EDC wasn't godly compared to the WDA this year and accept it.
I am from the EDC and still admit this. They had some good goal scorers and some good goalies, apparently more than the EDC, even though most of them in the EDC were on one team.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyrocks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm

What I saw at state williston goalie is up there
hockeyrocks
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yellowsquash » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:06 am

Clifford wrote:Goalies in my opionion go 1. Lang 2. Neis 3. Bucholz

1. Seth Lang
2. Aaron Nelson
3. Darren Medler
4. McCade Evanson
5. Bryan Neis

9. Scott Buchholz

First of all, Scott Buchholz is way overrated. If you really watch him closely you'd realize his team is the one that keeps him in the game. Second of all, some west goalies are quite better than the east goalies like Helmers, his statistics are pretty good.
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Shanny69 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:25 pm

yellowsquash wrote:

1. Seth Lang
2. Aaron Nelson
3. Darren Medler
4. McCade Evanson
5. Bryan Neis

9. Scott Buchholz

First of all, Scott Buchholz is way overrated. If you really watch him closely you'd realize his team is the one that keeps him in the game. Second of all, some west goalies are quite better than the east goalies like Helmers, his statistics are pretty good.

Medler and Evanson are both better then Nelson n I wouldn't put Buchholz that low id say 4th
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyrocks » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Derek fuller will be up there next year, being behind lang all year he really never got the chance ,Im pretty sure he is fourth year player next year.
hockeyrocks
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ctrain1369 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:30 pm

yellowsquash wrote:

1. Seth Lang
2. Aaron Nelson
3. Darren Medler
4. McCade Evanson
5. Bryan Neis

9. Scott Buchholz

Are you kidding? did you see the team Buchholz played for this year? the only defenseman that could keep the puck away from the net was Hooey and he was injured for half the season. He had no help in front of him this year and still had the second best Save% in the state.
If you wanna talk about goalies whose team makes them look good its Lang. He faced the least amount of shots in the state by alot, most of which were from bad angles or dump ins. Central had very solid defense this year and that is why Lang had the best stats.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby washedupcentralkid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:58 pm

goteam11 wrote:
superstar 701 wrote:
goteam11 wrote:

seriously? did you just drop names of random kids from the west that might crack the varsitly lineup of the top four EDC teams? the reason those "random west kids" get that many points is the level of skill they play against is questionable at best
Last edited by washedupcentralkid on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby washedupcentralkid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:02 pm

hockeyrocks wrote:Derek fuller will be up there next year, being behind lang all year he really never got the chance ,Im pretty sure he is fourth year player next year.

yeah he is
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to EDC