Red River Vs. Grand Forks Central

Teams of the East

Red River Vs. Grand Forks Central

Postby Clifford » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:08 pm

I wasn't able to watch the game but I heard that Red River dominated most of the play is this true? and Jordan Love a transfer made a huge impact
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Re: Red River Vs. Grand Forks Central

Postby EastistheBest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes, I was at the game, and Red River had control of that game start to finish even though the scoreboard showed otherwise. Central had all of the lucky bounces in front of the net. None of their goals compares to the beauty of a tip that Jordan Love had that caught Lang totally off gaurd.
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:29 pm

thank you for the varification was it a good game all around i heard centrals student section was much better
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastistheBest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Yea that's about the only thing Central dominated with
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tennis4me » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:13 pm

How can you make a statement that RR dominated the game. They had 14 shots, are you kidding me. Give some credit where credits due.
tennis4me
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gfhockey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:24 pm

I think RR 1st and 2nd line played an even game agianst GFC but where GFC dominated is in its depth. There ability to constantly roll 3 or 4 lines even when the game is 0-0 1-1 is a big advantage for them
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hockey10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 pm

what? RR had control? i stayed for the whole game. RR had what.. 15 shots all game. Yes maybe GFC didnt have their best game, but they still beat RR while not playing to their potential, that can show how RR actually is. And Jordan loves goal that Eastisthebest said was so nice... love didnt even know it hit his stick and went in, he was more suprised that he scored than anyone else in the arena. But saying RR controlled the game... please
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm

red river didnt control the game. they played well and central did get some bounces. but the puck was in red rivers zone way to long and they struggled offensively. red river is streaky. and why are we talking about the student sections? really?
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby superstar 701 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm from bismark and even i know that student sections have a huge impact on a teams energy level.. they can make or brake a teams season.
superstar 701
NDPreps Reserve

Postby washedupcentralkid » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 pm

well yeah that make sense superstar because bismarck sure has had a lot of success in the state tournaments due to the energy level coming from there fan support ....not
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby powerranger » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 pm

i would watch out for willistion, bismarck, and century. all 3 of them are playing great hockey.
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 pm

washedupcentralkid wrote:well yeah that make sense superstar because bismarck sure has had a lot of success in the state tournaments due to the energy level coming from there fan support ....not

washedupcentralkid, im assuming you went to central, if i remember correctly
last year bhs destroyed central at state. ( bismarcks fan support was pretty good )
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 pm

goteam11 wrote:
washedupcentralkid wrote:well yeah that make sense superstar because bismarck sure has had a lot of success in the state tournaments due to the energy level coming from there fan support ....not

last year bhs destroyed central at state. ( bismarcks fan support was pretty good )

Bismarck had the second largest fan support at state from what I saw, and drove the longest of all the teams in the TV rounds. And yes, Central got throttled by Bismarck. Motivation for this year's tournament I'd hope.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
goteam11 wrote:

Bismarck had the second largest fan support at state from what I saw, and drove the longest of all the teams in the TV rounds. And yes, Central got throttled by Bismarck. Motivation for this year's tournament I'd hope.

agree. it would be a devastating upset if bismarck beat central again.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 pm

goteam11 wrote:agree. it would be a devastating upset if bismarck beat central again.

Well, I'm assuming Central will take EDC (unless they want to botch the championship to avoid the 'EDC Curse'). They'll have first seed EDC going to state and Bismarck will probably be seeded 3rd. Unfortunately for Central, they probably won't get a shot at them this year, but you never know.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
goteam11 wrote:agree. it would be a devastating upset if bismarck beat central again.

Well, I'm assuming Central will take EDC (unless they want to botch the championship to avoid the 'EDC Curse'). They'll have first seed EDC going to state and Bismarck will probably be seeded 3rd. Unfortunately for Central, they probably won't get a shot at them this year, but you never know.

good point, i didnt look that far into it. hockeyhigh, do you predict south or red river second seed from the east?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 pm

goteam11 wrote:good point, i didnt look that far into it. hockeyhigh, do you predict south or red river second seed from the east?

Honestly, this Friday is going to be a big, big, big indicator of who will take the second seed. They are neck and neck in points but if South can pull out a tie or better they'll have the second seed for EDC pretty much guaranteed. The one thing South has going for them is even though RR won earlier in the year, South is extremely young. As long as Buchholz gets back on his game this week, South should be able to claim the second seed. However, none of the teams past Central are much more than a fingertip ahead of the next 3-4 seeds talent wise.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Return to EDC