Teams of the East

About half-way point...who you got?

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 pm

After watching the teams play so far this year my top 4 in edc is:

Central
Red River
South
WF

I get to see central tonight against south...should be a good one but most def a COLD one. It's at the Collesium and for those that have been there you know they can't control the temp especially with the negatives these past couple of days. South has been played pretty well this past week or so and I think are finally getting to playoff form with hooey back in a week.

What are everyone elses rankings?
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Re: About half-way point...who you got?

Postby Unity77 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:51 am

1. Central

It's pretty hard to rank the remaining top 4 but I will go with:
2. Red River
3. South
4. Grafton
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby penguinshockey15 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 pm

FSHBruins10 wrote:I get to see central tonight against south...should be a good one but most def a COLD one. It's at the Collesium and for those that have been there you know they can't control the temp especially with the negatives these past couple of days.

Correction...they can control the temp at the Coliseum, they just don't because there is no reason to, being that it is usually only a practice facility, and very few games are played in the rink that get fans. They don't need to be adding to the upkeep of an old arena.

And my rankings as of right now would have to be:

1.Central
2.Red River
3.South
4.Grafton/North/WF

You can't really narrow down any teams after the top two, being that it is still such a close race.
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyboss » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

penguinshockey15 wrote:
FSHBruins10 wrote:I get to see central tonight against south...should be a good one but most def a COLD one. It's at the Collesium and for those that have been there you know they can't control the temp especially with the negatives these past couple of days.

Correction...they can control the temp at the Coliseum, they just don't because there is no reason to, being that it is usually only a practice facility, and very few games are played in the rink that get fans. They don't need to be adding to the upkeep of an old arena.

1.Central
2.Red River
3.South
4.Grafton/North/WF

You can't really narrow down any teams after the top two, being that it is still such a close race.

im not gonna bash your opinion, but north? devils lake is by far ahead of north, and from what ive seen, after central and maybe red rive, anyteam from shanley to south is a throw up game. depending on who shows up to play. ive been to a lot of games this year, and its a wildcard after the first maybe second spot. souths goaltending carries them, aside from orson, they have hardly any offense, west fargo's goaltending lets them down, devils lakes goal is mediocre, north has one line, that produces much offense, grafton is grafton, ive watched shanley get destroyed by central to play with rr and come very close to beating wf. edc other then central is a throwup. specially with how rr performed against south and later central. i see them maybe maintaing their composure, if not, i see all of edc being a throwup. ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE THIS YEAR!!
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm

hockeyboss wrote:im not gonna bash your opinion, but north? devils lake is by far ahead of north, and from what ive seen, after central and maybe red rive, anyteam from shanley to south is a throw up game. specially with how rr performed against south and later central. i see them maybe maintaing their composure, if not, i see all of edc being a throwup. ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE THIS YEAR!!

Well, Grafton beat Red River 5 - 2 and has already lost one to South so it will be interesting to see how the remaining three spots will shape up.

Grafton has already swept Devils Lake (2-0), has one game remaining with West Fargo (1-0), North (Tie), South (0-1), Shanley (4 point game), Wahpeton (4 point game), and Red River (1-0). The Spoilers still have to face Central twice and I don't think they can beat Central. As a matter of fact, I don't see any team beating Central.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby purple_drank » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am

hockeyboss wrote:
penguinshockey15 wrote:

1.Central
2.Red River
3.South
4.Grafton/North/WF

im not gonna bash your opinion, but north? devils lake is by far ahead of north, and from what ive seen, after central and maybe red rive, anyteam from shanley to south is a throw up game. depending on who shows up to play. ive been to a lot of games this year, and its a wildcard after the first maybe second spot. souths goaltending carries them, aside from orson, they have hardly any offense, west fargo's goaltending lets them down, devils lakes goal is mediocre, north has one line, that produces much offense, grafton is grafton, ive watched shanley get destroyed by central to play with rr and come very close to beating wf. edc other then central is a throwup. specially with how rr performed against south and later central. i see them maybe maintaing their composure, if not, i see all of edc being a throwup. ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE THIS YEAR!!

Yeah i agree with penguinshockey i know u say north lost to DL but didn't north beat grafton 5-2 in their holiday tournament, and tied grafton 4-4 in grafton (which is a hard place to play)? and DL won't make it to state its a battle between grafton wf and north for the 4th seed in the east
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 pm

North did beat Grafton during the holiday tournament. I know Grafton played Nick Grabanski in goal who had not seen any action until that game and hasn't seen any since. They didn't play the regular lineup either since it was a holiday tournament game. With that said, I do think Grafton is the better team and I expect them to sweep WF and beat North next time they play.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:06 am

Unity77 wrote:
hockeyboss wrote:The Spoilers still have to face Central twice and I don't think they can beat Central. As a matter of fact, I don't see any team beating Central.

Well, I was wrong. Grafton beat Central 2 - 1. Central outshot GPR 50 - 17.

Three points now separate 1st and 4th.

Latest standings:
Grand Forks Red River 5 2 0 14 points
Grand Forks Central 5 1 0 12 points
Fargo South 4 2 2 12 points
Grafton / Park River 5 1 1 11 points
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hockey10 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 pm

ok. grafton still has no shot in my mind. seeing that gfc got 50 shots on net and beat GPR earlier 8 to 0. im guessing they just need a few players to step up and bury.
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Hockey10 wrote:ok. grafton still has no shot in my mind. seeing that gfc got 50 shots on net and beat GPR earlier 8 to 0. im guessing they just need a few players to step up and bury.

I know a win is a win, but their first match-up was during the Stadstad Tournament. The play is a little different when there is nothing on the line.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ilovendhockey » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 pm

West Fargo beat Grafton 3-2 in overtime
ilovendhockey
NDPreps Rookie

Postby beastyboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 pm

1. GFC- Favorite to win state
2. RR-
3. South
4.Grafton- manages to get the games with points on the line.
5.WF-
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I am not sold on Central yet
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastistheBest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Grafton should easily be ahead of RR considering they dominated the game in RR's building. And GFC better watch there #1 spot. There play has been lacking of late and they could be knocked of there horse here very soon.
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

they havnt been playing all that well but beating RR while not playing well and beating south also in fargo. GFC has 2 loses all year. Yes it is imbarassing saying they lost to Grafton but its a learning mistake. Grafton is not a talented team this year but somehow gets a few wins aagainst big teams. Come tournament time when teams play for the real goal, grafton has no shot.
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm

this is what i got at this point.
1- GFC- lots of talent and works well with plenty of depth
2/3- South- behind RR but in my mind can play well and will compete in when it comes to tournament time
2/3- RR- good team.. no defensive.. 1 maybe 2 lines..we'll see what happens
4- grafton- plays well in big games- wins a few that they shouldnt.
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 am

the state tournament this year will be ALL about who shows up to play because most of the top teams have split series and lost to lower ranked teams
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC