Fargo South and Shanley co-op???

Teams of the East

Fargo South and Shanley co-op???

Postby slapshot » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Heard a rumour that because of South's low numbers next year they will co-op with Shanley. I guess most of Fargo Souths hockey team will be playing for Davies next year. I also wonder if West fargo ever gets a new school what will they do with edc team configeration. Most likely Devils Lake will go back to the West. I would like to see North -South regions, but I'm sure the end results will be the same, all east finals.
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Fargo South and Shanley co-op???

Postby Top Shelf » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 am

slapshot wrote:Heard a rumour that because of South's low numbers next year they will co-op with Shanley. I guess most of Fargo Souths hockey team will be playing for Davies next year. I also wonder if West fargo ever gets a new school what will they do with edc team configeration. Most likely Devils Lake will go back to the West. I would like to see North -South regions, but I'm sure the end results will be the same, all east finals.

i think if bottineau, hazen, grafton can field hockey teams so can fargo south without a co-op. maybe they won't be as good but there is no need for a co-op. i'm guessing with the new team in fargo and possilbe west fargo that will level the playing field to some point. it seems like the east is pretty competive other than a couple teams on each end. at least it has been the most balance that i have seen for awhile.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beastyboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 pm

I don't believe the coop will be happening. I heard south asked shanley to coop but shanley said no. If they were to coop with south they would probably never get their hockey program back. They offered south to coop with them because they have a strong feeder program unlike the angels, but south decline.
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:27 pm

beastyboy wrote:I don't believe the coop will be happening. I heard south asked shanley to coop but shanley said no. If they were to coop with south they would probably never get their hockey program back. They offered south to coop with them because they have a strong feeder program unlike the angels, but south decline.

I highly doubt this would ever happen. I'd like to hear from a credible source that this has even been talked about, other than on forum boards. This comment almost contradicts itself. You heard south asked shanley and shanley said no, and then at the end of your comment, you say they offered south to coop but south decline. This post makes absolutely no sense.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thecook » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 am

The Fargo Forum said that South and Davies are thinking of co-op sports boys hockey, girls hockey, wrestling, gymnastics, boys swimming and girls swimming.
thecook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 pm

I heard from a reliable source that most of the better hockey players from south are transferring to Moorhead to pursue there hockey endeavors
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

South and davies from what ive heard will be co oping next year for sure. they will try to get a permanent co op but the ndhsaa wont approve that IMO.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Top Shelf wrote:
slapshot wrote:Heard a rumour that because of South's low numbers next year they will co-op with Shanley. I guess most of Fargo Souths hockey team will be playing for Davies next year. I also wonder if West fargo ever gets a new school what will they do with edc team configeration. Most likely Devils Lake will go back to the West. I would like to see North -South regions, but I'm sure the end results will be the same, all east finals.

i think if bottineau, hazen, grafton can field hockey teams so can fargo south without a co-op. maybe they won't be as good but there is no need for a co-op. i'm guessing with the new team in fargo and possilbe west fargo that will level the playing field to some point. it seems like the east is pretty competive other than a couple teams on each end. at least it has been the most balance that i have seen for awhile.

I just have to say that first of all, I totally agree with this statement. I think that South is just afraid of not being the typical North Dakota powerhouse that they have usually been. I think that this would just hurt Shanley's hockey program down the road when they will have some talent which is being proven at the lower levels. Another problem with this coop offer is that South completely runs everything, their coaches, their name, their everything. However there are some benefits for Shanley in this deal such as public school funding, and also a stronger team. I think that South is just trying to get past the rules and put back together their old team by cooping with Davies. Davies has plenty of numbers and South will only be two guys short of a full roster.

beastyboy wrote:I don't believe the coop will be happening. I heard south asked shanley to coop but shanley said no. If they were to coop with south they would probably never get their hockey program back. They offered south to coop with them because they have a strong feeder program unlike the angels, but south decline.

One thing I tend to disagree a bit with here is the strength of the feeder programs, South's program is losing players and a much faster rate then Shanley's and also is not as strong at the younger levels skill wise.

gfhockey wrote:South and davies from what ive heard will be co oping next year for sure. they will try to get a permanent co op but the ndhsaa wont approve that IMO.

Nothing is for sure yet, all South knows is that if they are only trying to coop with Davies is that it will look bad because there are other schools that need a set up coop more than others.

Overall on the coop, I think that if there was split I think that both schools need equal control over it such as co head coaches and "ownership." Also it should only be a one to two year deal because that is all that is necessary.
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC