Top players in the east?

Teams of the East

Top players in the east?

Postby beastyboy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:50 pm

who do you think are the top players on each team from the east? lets hear some opinions...
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top players in the east?

Postby siouxhockey » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Jake Ladouceur hands down. I mean the kid was in Sports Illustrated.
siouxhockey
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:52 pm

siouxhockey wrote:Jake Ladouceur hands down. I mean the kid was in Sports Illustrated.

He also had nearly forty assists which made up 2/3 of his points. Not taking away from him, but he isn't flat out the best, no one is. He'll need to prove himself again this season just like everyone else will, and without Crary by his side.

As for top players, Jake will be one of them if he does well. Here's a few from each team:

Devils Lake:
Very few point getters, but only lose three seniors. They also lost their tendy though, which is big.

North:
McPhail

Shanley:
Glogoza

South:
Sorenson, Hooey, Stellrecht, Orson, Buchholz (Unfortunately dives down talent wise after these 5)

Grafton:
About as in the hurt bag as DL for players, lost everything

Central:
Gust/Simonsin/Purpur/Johnson/Moody/Ray/Lang (Definitely the deepest team this year)

RR:
LaDouceur, Fugleberg

Wahp:
Nothing, unfortunately.

West Fargo:
Sand, Johnson, Tendeland, Holland (he will have to do better though... then they will do very well)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby beastyboy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:00 pm

that sound about right, except north and shanley, and grafton. north also has nistler, and for shanley Glogoza is overrated. Did you ever watch him play? the was a selfish player. He didnt deserve all those point. Bates and Harvey set him up and so did the seniors that left. and as for grafton theyll have Anderson and tweten. theyll get alot more playing time this year and i can see them being their top scorers
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseballprep » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:59 pm

ladoucer was in sports illustrated for tennis not hockey
baseballprep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FSHBruins10 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:58 pm

are you kidding me right now? ^^^
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 pm

No worries, post deleted and user warned.
But yes, he was in SI for Tennis, not Hockey. SI wouldn't have an article on North Dakota HS Hockey, unfortunately.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby just another guy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Ladouceur was in sports illustrated for any sports you could think of he was in it mainly for tennis but also explained his success in hockey and baseball...Ladouceur is going to be THEE best player in the state this year
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey guy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:14 pm

well said
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsman101 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:58 pm

just another guy wrote:Ladouceur was in sports illustrated for any sports you could think of he was in it mainly for tennis but also explained his success in hockey and baseball...Ladouceur is going to be THEE best player in the state this year
he was in because someone close to him sends the information in, and as far as best "hockey player" in the state. no. best chance of having the most points again yes. whether or not the phantom assists and padding points after the game rumors are true, he can put up points
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 am

padding points haha your silly. he is on the best team in state right now behind central, he is their first line center he has the best hands in the state as well as the best vision. what player in ND is better then LaDouceur?
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fmhockey22 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:38 am

His teammate, Casey Fugelburg is better than he is. He is only a sophomore and i think he will do much more than Ladoucer does. Fugelburg plays both ways unlike Ladoucer.
fmhockey22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gfhockey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:53 pm

couldnt agree more. I think laducer is very weak on the puck and only gets goals most of them time when set up by fugelberg.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey guy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:40 am

do any of you guys even watch the games at all? i have seen most of the rr home games this year and i can confidently say that ladouceur is easily the best player they have. fugelberg is a good player but he just isnt at the level that ladouceur is at right now. maybe in a year or two. as for ladouceur only getting goals because he gets set up all the time, that is completely false. he actually sets up most of fugelberg's goals and creates a lot of his own. that isn't saying though that he he doesn't get set up by fugelberg from time to time
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 am

yeah gf hockey you dont really know what your talking about. if you look at the points of fugleberg and ladcouceur they are equal both setting each other up Fugleberg hasnt tallied in his last 3 games. ladouceur is the playmaker and fugleberg is the goal scorer, and thats how its going to be all season long
Last edited by just another guy on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 am

sportsman101 wrote:
just another guy wrote:Ladouceur was in sports illustrated for any sports you could think of he was in it mainly for tennis but also explained his success in hockey and baseball...Ladouceur is going to be THEE best player in the state this year
he was in because someone close to him sends the information in, and as far as best "hockey player" in the state. no. best chance of having the most points again yes. whether or not the phantom assists and padding points after the game rumors are true, he can put up points

Then tell me who is better then Laducer
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyboss » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 am

just cause he has the most points in the state doesnt make him the best player. hes on a powerline, a goal scoring line. look at orsons line. or other players. idc how many pts he has, hes not the best in the state. idk about you guys, but when i watch his games, and see him trotting up and down the ice like its a sunday skate and hes the best in the world, i just dont see any real talent. yes its there, he is very talented, but the way ive seen him play, he is not the best in the state.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey guy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 pm

To say that ladouceur is on a goal scoring line and orson isn't is totally absurd. Why would a coach put his best player on a line that isnt going to be a goal scoring line? Orson is on a goal scoring line as well as ladoucer, orson is just on one that doesn't score as much as ladouceur's line, because ladouceur is better.
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 pm

hockeyboss wrote:just cause he has the most points in the state doesnt make him the best player. hes on a powerline, a goal scoring line. look at orsons line. or other players. idc how many pts he has, hes not the best in the state. idk about you guys, but when i watch his games, and see him trotting up and down the ice like its a sunday skate and hes the best in the world, i just dont see any real talent. yes its there, he is very talented, but the way ive seen him play, he is not the best in the state.

your right hes not fast and sort of lazy, so instead of moving his feet he reads plays and he always finds the puck no ones better then ladouceur...orson not even close to ladouceur...
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clifford » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

Top player in the east hands down is Chris Waind he is an animal
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby purple_drank » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am

Clifford wrote:Top player in the east hands down is Chris Waind he is an animal

I really hope that was a joke, i never heard of the kid. I looked at ndhighschoolhockey.com and saw he had 2 goals with 8 assists on a team that gives the puck to their forwards and watch them score. nice try
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby purple_drank » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am

Ladoucer is very skilled and has a excellent hockey mind and is smart on the ice. Fugelburg is fast and does play good defense and back checks. but Ladoucer is a better player alround, Fugelburg is good and will get better but i dont think he has "great hands"
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clifford » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 pm

It's not all about points
Clifford
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Clifford wrote:Top player in the east hands down is Chris Waind he is an animal

hardly, I have watched him get walked by the oppostion a lot this season. Slow foot speed.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby beastyboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 am

I agree with central kid. The top players are basically all on central.
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to EDC