Accurate predictions?

Teams of the East

Re: Accurate predictions?

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 pm

gfhockey wrote:HH we know you are from fargo and lets leave it at that. To say that West Fargo will have a chance at the title game is beyond me. I htink tehy barely have a chance at state.

RR
GFC
FS
last spot is take ur pick which wf has a small chance

You guys are just in denial that grand forks has a great team EVERY year and has been in the title game every year sine 92. take that with a grain of salt i may add

That last spot will likely be WF, I might add. Or DL with how they've been doing lately. Either way, don't call me out at being from the Fargo area when you've yet to post anything beyond praise upon the Grand Forks crown over North Dakota hockey. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Grand Forks really isn't that good. If that RR team could win state last year, West Fargo could win state this year. I'll leave it at that.

If something doesn't improve in this state, regardless of our population, we will remain a national waste bin for hockey talent. Whenever I get asked where a child should play hockey by a parent, I tell them honestly that they ought to move to Minnesota if they want him to go somewhere. Your GF hockey 'dynasty' still has difficulty getting anyone to take them seriously outside of our state, so get off your high horse and see it from everyone elses' perspective and contribute to bettering it, not making it look worse.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Grand Forks isnt that good?

Im pretty sure they have 80% of hockey titles in north dakota. Like i said earlier, they havent missed a title game since 92. Both teams are undefeated even though they havent played anyone. (except for according to u an awesome wf team which both beat handily)

GFC has only allowed one goal all year. Then u may make the argument that they only get 10-12 shots a game. well yeh they are that good defensively where other teams dont get the chance to shoot the puck.

Grand Forks isthat good.. sorry to burst your bubble.

Idk why fargo cant catch GF.. they have 2 public high schools, 1 private school and a suburb wiht a high school. isnt the metro population like 200,000 or somewhere close to that... idk that might count moorhead but i dont feel like doing research.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyboss » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:30 pm

lets look at other sports?? soccer? football? gf focus is hockey. and hate to burst both of your bubbles. high school teams may not be the hottest ones in the country. was it nd selects winning nationals a few years back? north dakota hockey is good. its just a large number of kids playing for something to do. and select numbers trying to go somewhere. south tied the runner up in state last year and i watched numerous teams play with south last year. ramble on all you want, negativity and your hot heads will only leave you with what you put in, negative.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm

burst my bubble about what? why woudl we look at other sports when this is a hockey section?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 pm

just another guy wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
Westisthebest wrote:Ok here is my prediction.....from the talent aspect and just my opinion

WEST

#1Bismarck High- Just more returning talent then other teams in the WDA..Strong goaltending.loss of Romanick hurts thoguh.
#2Williston-I just believe that Jordan Nelson will be enough to to take them to a state tournament alone.
#3Minot-Even without scmitt they will be tough.
#4Bismarck Century-Kusler will be tough to handle...the loss of Blair will be felt though.
#5Hazen
#6Jamestown
#7,8,9 who cares

EAST

#1Grand Forks Central -by far and away has the best team in the state no one will even contest them.there is way to much there for the state to handle. It may be bold but I dont see them loosing a game.Pending the Minnesota teams.... they may go undefeated(just to name a few....Moody Hatt Purper Johnson Simonson Gust Amot Okeefe Ray Ladue (lost Spicer can that be verified?) Lang in the nets. I hope someone competes with them though.
#2Fargo South- One line decent goaltending
#3West Fargo- good on defense could be an upset team during tournament time.
#4Grand Forks Red River- Ladoceur will be good and Nies other than that???? anyone?
#5Fargo North- Jake Mcphail is there only hope at a state birth
#6Fargo Shanley-Will probably struggle regardless of what people say
#7Devils Lake has little to no hope
#8Grafton- Will be in trouble the got trounced pleanty last year i believe but i was impressed with there state game against HIGH
#9Whapeton-Not sure what there talent will be like but there team was young. could surprise some people and maybe cause some havoc in the east region tournament.

I predict a state championship game of williston vs central!!!

just to add to your red river. they have chris waind who has played varsity hockey since his freshman year. he has been in the past three state championships. they returned a good amount of players from last years team. experience has to keep them out of fourth in the edc. behind west fargo? come on. remember last year red river supposedly had a "down year" they were not supposed to be good as some people said on this site. i dont think you can ever count red river out of competing well in the post season tournaments
Although Wand or Waind is a good defensive defensemen he doesnt put up points even being that experienced

a defensemans main job is not to put up points it is to prevent them. there is a lot of good defensemen in the state that do not get as much credit because they are true defensemen. red river has enough guys that can put up points the defense does not need to put up a lot as well. they just need to prevent goals, which waind does very well.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:04 pm

P4KNBD wrote:wow i have trouble thinking i am interpreting this right. you say that last year in the state tournament bismarck crushed red river? if you honestly believe that you have some problems

[quote]Honestly, not going over this again. But yes, Red River actually did get crushed, quite literally throughout the tournament. I mean Bismarck's goalie had nine saves. South's goalie had twelve, while both of these teams put up 40+ on Meland. Sometimes people say take a loss with a grain of salt, you ought to take the win with a grain of salt. Bismarck and South were better teams than RR.[quote]

bismarck and south may have been the better team in the regular season. but once you get to the post season it is a different game. red river was the best "team" in the state when it counted. team includes a hot goalie that they had. also what does that say about south and bismarck if they put up 40 plus shots and still lost when red river put up less than 15..
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby just another guy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 pm

P4KNBD wrote:
just another guy wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
Westisthebest wrote:Ok here is my prediction.....from the talent aspect and just my opinion

WEST

#1Bismarck High- Just more returning talent then other teams in the WDA..Strong goaltending.loss of Romanick hurts thoguh.
#2Williston-I just believe that Jordan Nelson will be enough to to take them to a state tournament alone.
#3Minot-Even without scmitt they will be tough.
#4Bismarck Century-Kusler will be tough to handle...the loss of Blair will be felt though.
#5Hazen
#6Jamestown
#7,8,9 who cares

EAST

#1Grand Forks Central -by far and away has the best team in the state no one will even contest them.there is way to much there for the state to handle. It may be bold but I dont see them loosing a game.Pending the Minnesota teams.... they may go undefeated(just to name a few....Moody Hatt Purper Johnson Simonson Gust Amot Okeefe Ray Ladue (lost Spicer can that be verified?) Lang in the nets. I hope someone competes with them though.
#2Fargo South- One line decent goaltending
#3West Fargo- good on defense could be an upset team during tournament time.
#4Grand Forks Red River- Ladoceur will be good and Nies other than that???? anyone?
#5Fargo North- Jake Mcphail is there only hope at a state birth
#6Fargo Shanley-Will probably struggle regardless of what people say
#7Devils Lake has little to no hope
#8Grafton- Will be in trouble the got trounced pleanty last year i believe but i was impressed with there state game against HIGH
#9Whapeton-Not sure what there talent will be like but there team was young. could surprise some people and maybe cause some havoc in the east region tournament.

I predict a state championship game of williston vs central!!!

just to add to your red river. they have chris waind who has played varsity hockey since his freshman year. he has been in the past three state championships. they returned a good amount of players from last years team. experience has to keep them out of fourth in the edc. behind west fargo? come on. remember last year red river supposedly had a "down year" they were not supposed to be good as some people said on this site. i dont think you can ever count red river out of competing well in the post season tournaments
Although Wand or Waind is a good defensive defensemen he doesnt put up points even being that experienced

a defensemans main job is not to put up points it is to prevent them. there is a lot of good defensemen in the state that do not get as much credit because they are true defensemen. red river has enough guys that can put up points the defense does not need to put up a lot as well. they just need to prevent goals, which waind does very well.

Like I said Waind is a good defensive defensemen but If your trying to talk up about how experienced he is he should of learned some things over the years to contribute a little more and a little more each year to the team. He is a good player, but very very very very few points over his high school career so far. You can also say Galbreath played since his freshman year but he put up points as well as LaDouceur. Look at Wurden very good defensive defensemen but also put up points and look where it landed him in the USHL same with LaDouceur. Take notes.
Last edited by just another guy on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:27 pm

And p4knbd theres no need to brag when Im sure everyone knows who you are thus far and which I do. Are you also saying that Wurden, LaDouceur, Galbreath, Hooey, Eickman, and all great other defensemen that put up points arent TRUE defensemen because Im sure you wont even come close to them. So I say you relax and accept the fact that your a good defensive defensemen that doesnt allow many points on yourself and not to talk yourself up on North Dakota Sports Forums cause its just way too immature to handle right now.
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:35 pm

P4KNBD wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:wow i have trouble thinking i am interpreting this right. you say that last year in the state tournament bismarck crushed red river? if you honestly believe that you have some problems

Honestly, not going over this again. But yes, Red River actually did get crushed, quite literally throughout the tournament. I mean Bismarck's goalie had nine saves. South's goalie had twelve, while both of these teams put up 40+ on Meland. Sometimes people say take a loss with a grain of salt, you ought to take the win with a grain of salt. Bismarck and South were better teams than RR.

bismarck and south may have been the better team in the regular season. but once you get to the post season it is a different game. red river was the best "team" in the state when it counted. team includes a hot goalie that they had. also what does that say about south and bismarck if they put up 40 plus shots and still lost when red river put up less than 15..

Agreed
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 pm

gfhockey wrote:Grand Forks isnt that good?

Im pretty sure they have 80% of hockey titles in north dakota. Like i said earlier, they havent missed a title game since 92. Both teams are undefeated even though they havent played anyone. (except for according to u an awesome wf team which both beat handily)

GFC has only allowed one goal all year. Then u may make the argument that they only get 10-12 shots a game. well yeh they are that good defensively where other teams dont get the chance to shoot the puck.

Grand Forks isthat good.. sorry to burst your bubble.

Idk why fargo cant catch GF.. they have 2 public high schools, 1 private school and a suburb wiht a high school. isnt the metro population like 200,000 or somewhere close to that... idk that might count moorhead but i dont feel like doing research.

Ignorance is bliss. My entire point is the reason why North Dakota isn't recognized is because of GF's dominance and arrogance to their entitlement as the only thing out of North Dakota. Far worse teams out of Minnesota get better coverage, acknowledgment, and recruiting than your 'superstar' GF teams because they are in a state where talent is prevalent. The only thing you're representing is the sense of entitlement that a lot of people from Grand Forks get because they were born or live there. Yes, you have a pretty good hockey program. But maybe you should flip the coin a little bit and see it from the other side. Instead of bloating your ego by saying how much better your teams have done and how well they still do, maybe you should contribute to giving a little bit of props to other teams in the state, that far more than Grand Forks will do, will provide this state with the recognition it deserves by creating a player base that is consistent and reliable.
As for the population thing, maybe if you realized something about hockey other than what you know, you'd see that hockey is something that is taught and learned, not something you pick up at a high school level. People are put into it traditionally, the players that play on say South's hockey team may not be the best players that could have come out of there, but just the players that were introduced to hockey at a young age and kept with it. If Fargo put every single kid into hockey (or the same percentage as GF did) and provided an equal quality youth program, they would put out better talent year in and year out simply because of a higher talent pool. Unfortunately, Fargo doesn't supplement itself with this kind of admiration for the sport so they are shorthanded, probably actually less players than the GF programs do. A good example of this is Grafton, where nearly every kid is introduced to hockey. In Fargo, this is only going to get worse with FIVE public schools in the metro area (Moorhead, South, Davies, West, North), and Shanley as a private school. Yes, that's SIX options for hockey players to go to; being that the metro population of this F-M area is more around 120-140k people, not near 200k. And on top of this, because of the issue with ND hockey, any parent that wants their kid to go somewhere will say bye to North Dakota and jump the border to Moorhead where they provide much better opportunities.
Instead of pumping your head full of GF pride, take a look at other towns from their perspective. It's not hard and maybe you'd learn something about how we can improve the state, not just your city. GF isn't a national powerhouse, it's just a good hockey city in a state of comparative underachievement.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm

P4KNBD wrote:

Honestly, not going over this again. But yes, Red River actually did get crushed, quite literally throughout the tournament. I mean Bismarck's goalie had nine saves. South's goalie had twelve, while both of these teams put up 40+ on Meland. Sometimes people say take a loss with a grain of salt, you ought to take the win with a grain of salt. Bismarck and South were better teams than RR.

If you look at the perspective as an accumulation of the entire season, you would get what national rankings were. If you look at what people for this state record, you look at the person that won state, which was Red River. Bismarck and Fargo South would look at national rankings and say 'we were way better' whereas Red River would point out state and say 'look what we won, that's all that matters'. Both are right, both are wrong. It doesn't really matter.
If I had a choice to pick Bismarck/South/Central or Red River as a team to go to a national tournament last year, I wouldn't have picked RR, and likely neither would you have. That's the only point I'm trying to make.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyboss » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 am

i agree with hockeyhigh. take the angels peewee A team from a few years back. won state two years in a row. played the top minnesota team, apple valley or edina at the time, and beat them 6-1 and like 5-0. they were unreal. whooped up on the gf teams. but all their players split up. some in north now, south, shanley, and moorhead. gf hockey is so great, right? two teams up there.. id love to see what south/north/west fargo/shanley and the moorhead kids could put out if they had two teams.. just my opinion.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 am

I doubt many of these boys look at national rankings. I know grand forks team rarley do it. They like the hardware in the trophy case. Its not our fault ur fargo teams cant step up at tourny time. We only have 2 high schools cuz faargo is almost 3 times the size of grand forks. shanley is a private school. west fargo is its own town so fargo baiscally only has 2 teams.

South and North have a lot more kids in attendance then the grand forks schools do anyways. So does west fargo.

End of story.

Why would u count moorhead. They are in MN and only have one school for 40,000 people.

GFhaters are out today hahah just cuz we beat the class of 8AA
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyboss » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:26 pm

or maybe because gf fans are ignorant and they dont realize that if fargo had 2 teams they could put together teams that would dominate gf teams. idc how many kids are in attendance. how many play hockey? theyll have five teams in the fargo/wf area next year. dont kid yourself.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:35 pm

FM metro population = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo,_North_Dakota 195,000

shanley is private so i dont really count them

im not kiddin myself.. GF has the premier hockey program in the state. No ifs ands or buts about it... numbers speak for itself.

u guys all offseason long and some of the right up until the season put RR under the bus. now they go and beat a 11 ranked team in MN that stomped moorhead.

GF hockey is number one

sorry to all the gf haters out there. another all GF final
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 am

Honestly, it's sad that you have to be so arrogant. As a moderator, at least be a little level headed when it comes to our state. Yes, GF is the capital of hockey in this state. They put out the best teams year in year out, but that doesn't make them number one. And for this state, I could care less who takes the title. We need teams that put us out there nationally, and teams from all around the state to get the state into a hockey frenzy.

If anything, Grand Forks teams should be humble about how good a team can be and how one game can still turn out completely the opposite of the expected. Look at the 2008 championship, for example. You guys really did well there, huh? I know to take everything you say with a grain of salt, but settle down.

As for population, since you didn't read the whole thing about it doesn't matter how many people you have, just look at these numbers. Once Davies is finished and the classes are separate, Central and Red River will both have several hundred more students than South or Davies will have. (GF Central/RR hover around 1,200 between the two of them, South is currently topped out at around 2,000; the newer classes are smaller, putting the population more around 1800-1900 students 9-12) So there will actually be a smaller high school pool for talent in Fargo than in GF. Go figure.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 pm

just another guy wrote:And p4knbd theres no need to brag when Im sure everyone knows who you are thus far and which I do. Are you also saying that Wurden, LaDouceur, Galbreath, Hooey, Eickman, and all great other defensemen that put up points arent TRUE defensemen because Im sure you wont even come close to them. So I say you relax and accept the fact that your a good defensive defensemen that doesnt allow many points on yourself and not to talk yourself up on North Dakota Sports Forums cause its just way too immature to handle right now.

ha you honestly think i am chris waind? i am willing to bet you everything i own that i am not chris waind. and dont attack me just because i have an opinion. i never once said those guys were bad defensiveman. someone stated earlier that waind did not put up points and thats why i was saying that defensemans first job is not to put up points it is to prevent them, and if you can do that and also put up more points more power to you. but dont make accusations if you arnt 100% positive you are right because you are wrong. and you say that is immature? you are making all these accusations and you are looking like an idiot because you are wrong. waind is a good defensemen because he does not allow points against his team and just so you dont get your panties all in a bunch i will also say wurden ladouceur galbreath hooey and eickman are all good defensemen as well.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby just another guy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am

"There is a lot of good defensemen in the state that do not get as much credit because they are true defensemen." Who sets the scale for what a "TRUE" defensemen is? Could you tell me? That statement right there was not an opinion you were trying to state a fact of some sort. Go ahead and express your opinion I have no problem with that. Oh yeah and grow up saying Im attacking you. What are you in second grade? Or a senior with a 2nd grade attitude. Im done talking with you because I know who you are (not Chris Waind like I thought before. since you say your not Chris Waind your making it pretty apparent to me on who you are now(#10 QB). Goodbye.
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:10 pm

gfhockey wrote:FM metro population = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo,_North_Dakota 195,000

im not kiddin myself.. GF has the premier hockey program in the state. No ifs ands or buts about it... numbers speak for itself.

u guys all offseason long and some of the right up until the season put RR under the bus. now they go and beat a 11 ranked team in MN that stomped moorhead.

GF hockey is number one

:roll: Yeah, Grand Forks hockey is number 1. Number 1 out of 18 totals programs, 5 of which struggle every year. The fact is that outside of Grand Forks and Grafton the majority of people in ND could care less about high school hockey.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:20 am

Unity77 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:FM metro population = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo,_North_Dakota 195,000

GF hockey is number one

:roll: Yeah, Grand Forks hockey is number 1. Number 1 out of 18 totals programs, 5 of which struggle every year. The fact is that outside of Grand Forks and Grafton the majority of people in ND could care less about high school hockey.

GOOD POINT!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby armada113 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 pm

GF hockey is number one

Fargo has 99,200 people and GF is at 51,313. and Fargo is divided into 4 high schools and soon will be five. GF is divided into two. sounds pretty equal doesnt it? and if you wanna add the metro area you might wanna talk about Moorhead's hockey team then wouldnt you.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm

armada113 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo,_North_Dakota 195,000

are you st-st-st-stupid? Fargo has 99,200 people and GF is at 51,313. Did you pass 1st grade math or not? and Fargo is divided into 4 high schools and soon will be five. GF is divided into two. sounds pretty equal doesnt it? and if you wanna add the metro area you might wanna talk about Moorhead's hockey team then wouldnt you.

Well that wasn't an attack was it?
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm

armada113 wrote:are you st-st-st-stupid? Fargo has 99,200 people and GF is at 51,313. Did you pass 1st grade math or not? and Fargo is divided into 4 high schools and soon will be five. GF is divided into two. sounds pretty equal doesnt it? and if you wanna add the metro area you might wanna talk about Moorhead's hockey team then wouldnt you.

LOL! You might want to do some VERY BASIC research before you go calling someone else stupid. The latest census estimate for the city of Fargo is 93,531. Also, Fargo technically has 5 high schools (North, South, Shanley, Oak Grove, and Woodrow Wilson) and will soon have 6. BTW, you forgot West Fargo in your metro area rant.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby armada113 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:59 pm

My VERY BASIC information tells me this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo,_North_Dakota. Also, Woodrow Wilson does NOT in any way count since they have not a single athletic team. My VERY BASIC research tells me that West Fargo does not like to consider itself part of the Fargo METRO area, they consider themselves their "Own City." Next time do some VERY BASIC research on your own.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby armada113 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:
armada113 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo,_North_Dakota 195,000

are you st-st-st-stupid? Fargo has 99,200 people and GF is at 51,313. Did you pass 1st grade math or not? and Fargo is divided into 4 high schools and soon will be five. GF is divided into two. sounds pretty equal doesnt it? and if you wanna add the metro area you might wanna talk about Moorhead's hockey team then wouldnt you.

Well that wasn't an attack was it?

It's called constructive criticism. :mrgreen:
armada113
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to EDC