point leaders

Teams of the East

point leaders

Postby hockeyboss » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 am

i know its a broad discussion, but im sorta bored of all the topics. any predictions for the leading scorers, assist getters, and overall points for the 09-10 season?
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Re: point leaders

Postby purple_drank » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:50 pm

well looking at the stats from last year on www.ndhighschoolhockey.com
-LaDoucer from RR lead the state in points last year but i dont think if he will be the same with out Crary
-Orson from south is my pick to lead this year (3rd in points last year in state)
-Glogoza from shanley did very well last year on a poor team
-Moody from central you could throw in
-McPhail from north as well
and yes i know those are all seniors but it's just some names to throw out there. Im not making predictions they all just did very well last year as juniors
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey guy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 pm

Well this one is pretty obvious. LaDouceur will lead the state in points once again. He did it last year so I don't see any reason why he won't be able to do it again. Yes he won't have crary there to give him the puck but the riders have some good talent coming up that will be able to work with LaDouceur.
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

hockey guy wrote:Well this one is pretty obvious. LaDouceur will lead the state in points once again. He did it last year so I don't see any reason why he won't be able to do it again. Yes he won't have crary there to give him the puck but the riders have some good talent coming up that will be able to work with LaDouceur.

So you would say he is better then that orson kid from south?
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:24 pm

purple_drank wrote:
hockey guy wrote:Well this one is pretty obvious. LaDouceur will lead the state in points once again. He did it last year so I don't see any reason why he won't be able to do it again. Yes he won't have crary there to give him the puck but the riders have some good talent coming up that will be able to work with LaDouceur.

Orson will do only as good as the line he is given as well. IF Benson sets up his first line as Sorenson/Orson/Stellrecht with Hooey at defense, I have no doubt that Orson will be pushing 75 or more points this year. If he puts Orson/Sorenson/Stellrecht on separate lines, like I think he will, he will be significantly lower.

Therefore, if you want me to make an accurate prediction I'd have to know what he's going to do, which may take until a month into the season and we'll already have a pretty good idea of who's going to dominate points by then.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby FSHBruins10 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:27 pm

If benson separates those 3 like you think, the entire hockey team from south will explode from within
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:31 pm

FSHBruins10 wrote:If benson separates those 3 like you think, the entire hockey team from south will explode from within

Similar to an implosion?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoSioux13 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:05 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
FSHBruins10 wrote:If benson separates those 3 like you think, the entire hockey team from south will explode from within

Similar to an implosion?

Great vocab check.
GoSioux13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:02 pm

GoSioux13 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

Similar to an implosion?

Great vocab check.

I was bored and didn't exactly get what he was trying to describe. :roll:

It will definitely be interesting to see who pulls ahead in points this year with teams switching out a lot of players (like every year, obviously). Who knows, there could be some random kid from the WDA that puts up 70 points.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Go Sioux » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:21 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
purple_drank wrote:

Orson will do only as good as the line he is given as well. IF Benson sets up his first line as Sorenson/Orson/Stellrecht with Hooey at defense, I have no doubt that Orson will be pushing 75 or more points this year. If he puts Orson/Sorenson/Stellrecht on separate lines, like I think he will, he will be significantly lower.

Therefore, if you want me to make an accurate prediction I'd have to know what he's going to do, which may take until a month into the season and we'll already have a pretty good idea of who's going to dominate points by then.

you think Orson would be able to put up 75 points on that line? Eric Meland put up 80 points and look at the line he had to work with. Schaefer, Crary, and Meland were a far better line than Orson,Sorenson, and Stellrecht and you think Orson can come within 5 points of Meland? Nick Schaefer was far better than he was and he didn't even put up those numbers.
Go Sioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 am

Go Sioux wrote:you think Orson would be able to put up 75 points on that line? Eric Meland put up 80 points and look at the line he had to work with. Schaefer, Crary, and Meland were a far better line than Orson,Sorenson, and Stellrecht and you think Orson can come within 5 points of Meland? Nick Schaefer was far better than he was and he didn't even put up those numbers.

Schaefer, Crary and Meland also played a higher quality lineup of teams that year. North Dakota has become a lot more topheavy, even since then. Grafton, Devil's Lake, Wahpeton, North, Shanley and Red River are all at or below where they were at even as little as two years ago. So yes, scoring as many points as a better line is very possible, not saying it will happen. Averaging 2-3 points per game is very rare.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ctrain1369 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:22 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
purple_drank wrote:

Honestly i could see Benson putting Orson and Stellrecht on first line together with someone and having Sorenson on second line with a couple underclassmen. they wont like it but Benson likes making different types of lines, a speed line (which would obviously be Orson and Stellrecht), and a tough line (which would be Sorenson's), and then his third line would just be what is left. Not to deep of team this year but should have a second line that is able to be plus this year and a first line that will be one of the best in the state.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:04 pm

I know who Orson is for FSouth. but soerenson? Stellricht put a few points last yr, for south.
In the Past South has had a large number of players that were returning.
Orson is the one that played as a Soph. on the Bruins.
Hooey at Def. thought He might go NAHL? But also saw him play FBall against Bismarck. He is a solid player. did well last yr for F south.
out West-with Departure of Schmidt from Minot to bobcats and Romanick to Force in Jr's the West has little to lean on. the Roberts kid(Mandan) is playing Jr's somewhere also. And that was Mandans player(I thought)...
Kusler--hasn't gotten any better in my eyes, and the couple of others in Williston/ minot, but slim pickings.
Well the East will be the king of the hill again. Bismarck had there Opportunity last yr. to get things back to the West. now I think a Long wait.
the East has had the Youth Championships these past few yrs at Bantams and Pee Wees, and those are the next come up.
But Fargo has a New High School being built and that will slow things for the Three schools there(I think).
Scoring Title--East player: Ladoucer is the Fav. Orson next.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:11 pm

Hey Sportshound, know you're not from the east so I'll help ya out.
Sportshound wrote:I know who Orson is for FSouth. but soerenson? Stellricht put a few points last yr, for south.

Orson, Sorenson, Hooey and Stellrecht are the better players for South this year. Along with Buchholz, anything South does this year will develop from these 5 players. Benson had better keep them happy, in line, and playing to win. Otherwise, they're in trouble.

In the Past South has had a large number of players that were returning.

As above, they'll only have 5 players returning that have had any significant varsity time.

Orson is the one that played as a Soph. on the Bruins.

He's skilled and will be South's best player.

Hooey at Def. thought He might go NAHL? But also saw him play FBall against Bismarck. He is a solid player. did well last yr for F south.

He's playing High School. Very offensive minded, doesn't focus much on defense. They'll have to develop some of these defense and quick or else Buchholz (who is probably the best tender in the state easily) out to dry. No matter how good he is, without quality defense playing back he'll get slaughtered.

out West-with Departure of Schmidt from Minot to bobcats and Romanick to Force in Jr's the West has little to lean on. the Roberts kid(Mandan) is playing Jr's somewhere also. And that was Mandans player(I thought)...

The west got drained of a lot of talent, especially in Schmidt and Romanick. It'll be tough recoveries for both teams. I think Romanick left because last year was their big shot and they couldn't pull through after they beat Central and South got knocked out, but I have no clue.

Kusler--hasn't gotten any better in my eyes, and the couple of others in Williston/ minot, but slim pickings.

Don't think any of these teams have a shot coming out of the West. The WDA will yet again be their state tournament and they'll get picked off as a bye round in the quarters.

Well the East will be the king of the hill again. Bismarck had there Opportunity last yr. to get things back to the West. now I think a Long wait.
the East has had the Youth Championships these past few yrs at Bantams and Pee Wees, and those are the next come up.

Pretty much.
But Fargo has a New High School being built and that will slow things for the Three schools there(I think).

This will only effect Fargo South, who is already in the hurt bag this year. They are gonna have to rebuild a lot. However, as far as South goes, improving their record on last years will be hard, but getting a better place at state should be easy. Grand Forks will likely dominate the next few years.
Scoring Title--East player: Ladoucer is the Fav. Orson next.

I think Orson will take it. Central has the best team but no huge stand outs, Ladouceur will be on the 3rd or 4th best team in the state, whereas Orson will be in a happy 2nd place as the leader. Knowing his family and grades, he'll have the best resume even though Ladouceur has a great point lineup from past years. Orson will have to overcome that, but shouldn't be difficult if South stacks their first line.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby south=dominance » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

of course it will be orson or ladoucer but watch out for the leader in points from a defenseman to be Dan Kovar from century. All state as a sophhemore. Kid has some serious talent.
south=dominance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:38 am

sound a little bias to me there hockey guy...fugelberg might even surpass ladouceur this season
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ordeen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 pm

what about andy norman from rr?
ordeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey guy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 pm

just another guy wrote:

sound a little bias to me there hockey guy...fugelberg might even surpass ladouceur this season

not at all. fugelberg will have a lot of points and is a very good player but he just isnt the player that ladouceur is right now. ladouceur will lead the state no doubt.
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 am

hockey guy wrote:
just another guy wrote:

not at all. fugelberg will have a lot of points and is a very good player but he just isnt the player that ladouceur is right now. ladouceur will lead the state no doubt.

Dont get me wrong LaDouceur is a great hockey player he has great vision on the ice as well as phenominal hands and a great shot. The thing is Fugleberg is showing similar skills and has begin to show it on the ice. I just think that Fugleberg is a good hardworking hockey player that will be able to compete just as well as Ladouceur
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyboss » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 am

im gonna have to say fugleberg is more talented then ladoucer. watched a few of their games, he has more speed, and just is always working hard. in my eyes, he's more talented. and if not more talented, he makes up for it by working much harder.
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just another guy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 am

I'm really disappointed with Justin Moodys performance at Central they have been playing weak teams but yet he only has 3 points up. Will he be able to catch the leading scorers in the state? Chances are looking real slim
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 pm

RR has played EGF, Wahp, WF and Shanley, outside of WF that's pretty much the weakest defensive starting lineup you can have. The PPG of each player will likely drop by a good margin from here on out. However, I still see LaDouceur holding the lead with Fugleburg all year, it's hard to separate forwards out when they are giving each others assists on every goal, it stays even. One or the other will just likely end up slightly higher than the other.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey guy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:32 am

just another guy wrote:
hockey guy wrote:
just another guy wrote:

Dont get me wrong LaDouceur is a great hockey player he has great vision on the ice as well as phenominal hands and a great shot. The thing is Fugleberg is showing similar skills and has begin to show it on the ice. I just think that Fugleberg is a good hardworking hockey player that will be able to compete just as well as Ladouceur

Fugelberg is a better skater than ladouceur and by the time he is a senior he probably will be better than ladouceur but for right now ladouceur is what makes that line go. without ladouceur you would see fugelbergs points drop sharply. ladouceur's wouldnt drop so much however
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby south=dominance » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 pm

south=dominance wrote:of course it will be orson or ladoucer but watch out for the leader in points from a defenseman to be Dan Kovar from century. All state as a sophhemore. Kid has some serious talent.

Im just gonna toot my own horn a little bit and say that i totally called that kovar kid being the state leader in points by a d man. yup. :mrgreen:
south=dominance
NDPreps Reserve

Return to EDC