Steve Johnson new Fargo Force Head Coach

Teams of the East

Steve Johnson new Fargo Force Head Coach

Postby slapshot » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:50 pm

How do you think Steve will do with the Force this year? I'ts pretty hard to replace Dean Blais. I'ts also a nice little pick-up for Fargo North with Luke Johnson starting school there this year, unless he decides to play at the next level.
Last edited by slapshot on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Steve Johnson new Fargo Force Head Coach

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Since this is a HS forum I'll talk about the Luke first. Why isn't he transferring to South instead? From an objective standpoint he would have a far better shot at another title there. However, I can see the point of going to North. South is a more dense school of talent, and it's more difficult to 'shine' there than at North. I do see North doing well next year, with or without Johnson, but they'll be on the line of whether they can get to State. They'll likely be facing off against GPR and WF for that 4th spot whereas South should be battling with Central for first. There's likely a little backstory as to why he's going to North instead though, I'm sure, or something about where they got a nice home.

As for the Force, I do see it creating a problem that Blais is gone after one year. They really sold him for the Force, and without him they kind of lose that. It shouldn't matter though, I'm sure they'll do well next year either way, but Blais set the bar remarkably high.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby NODOUBT » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 am

dont think mr. morinville across the river hasnt introduced mr. johnson to a good moorhead realtor.
NODOUBT
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

NODOUBT wrote:dont think mr. morinville across the river hasnt introduced mr. johnson to a good moorhead realtor.

This is probably the best idea if he wishes to stay in high school hockey. North Dakota has quality, competitive teams, but it doesn't matter when three of our teams can compete with the top 30 in Minnesota, and maybe one that can compete top 10... there's just no coverage. Minnesota has that, along with Moorhead. He won't have a shot at a first place title, but he'll get more attention if he really is a standout.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Go Sioux » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Luke is not transferring to Fargo. As of a couple weeks ago he is enrolled at Central. He will play there this year. Not go to Fargo with his father.
Go Sioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BTC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:57 am

I don't know hwhere you guys get your information from or if your just speculating that he'll go to North or hwherever but my info says that he's staying in GF and playing for Cenral.
BTC
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Good Job by the Force to Lure a Quality/ experienced Coach to Fargo Team.
As far as ND Hockey... Luke should play in ND one more year. Heck He will only be a 9th grader--right?? well that means he has to wait for a Birthday to play for his dad and the Force. I am sure he will be included on the roster soon. As an affiliate or something. Someone mentioned , if moving here to town that his son should play in Mhd. good point. Mn players get more exposure more attention.
Wish the West teams here could play more Mn teams every year. to check the talent pool against some of the countries best(in MN). Good luck to the Force and to all the ND HS hockey players. it isn't long and we will be back at the rink "pining' for the trip to state and the Ralph.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Luke will be playing at GFC next year.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd0606 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Luke was also drafted by the Lincoln Stars in the later rounds of the draft so the Force would have to find some way around that too if he was going to play in Fargo on his papa's team.
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC