2009-2010

Teams of the East

Re: 2009-2010

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:08 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
DefenseFirst wrote:Nick Romanick of Bismarck made the Bobcats but decided to play high school. I see him playing D1 college hockey.
Eric Paiemont Jamestown NAHL
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL
Jared Leber could be playing USHL but decided to go to school
Mike Hillmen Bismarck NAHL

are you 100% sure romanick made bobcats i heard he didnt
where is paiment playing?
sam aide played lumberjacks not NAHL
jared lebare NAHL maybe USHL i doubt it
I dont think hillman actually ever played a game for the bobcats

Sam Aide, Alec kautzman, and Jared Kopp all played for MSUB, LaBere is going to school, I heard and of course this is hearsay, but Romanick has already as a junior gotten offers from UND..
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gfhockeyrules » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:22 am

Romanick from Bismarck and a few others from GFC, RR, and South have had visits to UND - NOT Offers. I would be very surprised if any of them got an actual "offer" from them yet, and all of them would have to play at least 2 years of Juniors to at least be considered.
gfhockeyrules
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SiouxYAYA » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
DefenseFirst wrote:Nick Romanick of Bismarck made the Bobcats but decided to play high school. I see him playing D1 college hockey.
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

Sam Aide, Alec kautzman, and Jared Kopp all played for MSUB, LaBere is going to school, I heard and of course this is hearsay, but Romanick has already as a junior gotten offers from UND..

If your Ryan LaDouceur hasn't got an offer and this Nick Romanick charater has supposedly gotten an offer something is terribly wrong with this world.
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DefenseFirst » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah Sam played for one of those Montana teams. Hillman played some games and got in a goalie fight that is on youtube and yes Romanick made the Bobcats
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:15 am

DefenseFirst wrote:Yeah Sam played for one of those Montana teams. Hillman played some games and got in a goalie fight that is on youtube and yes Romanick made the Bobcats

i think he tried out for bozeman and either made it and got cut or didnt make it
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:17 am

Yeah he tore his MCL
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

Don't forget Colby Rehak played for the Lumberjacks this winter and helped them win the national title! Even made the all-tournament team!
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

Don't forget Colby Rehak played for the Lumberjacks this winter and helped them win the national title! Even made the all-tournament team!

nice. i still think he was way too good to play there tho. he had alot of potential.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

I thought I read somewhere once that MSU-Bottineau has like 3 teams in their division, so a nationa tournament is between the 3 teams. Is that still true?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 am

Sioux4ever wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

I thought I read somewhere once that MSU-Bottineau has like 3 teams in their division, so a nationa tournament is between the 3 teams. Is that still true?

Yah they don't have many its a pretty died league
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:46 am

Ditka14 wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Orr4 wrote:Don't forget Colby Rehak played for the Lumberjacks this winter and helped them win the national title! Even made the all-tournament team!

Yah they don't have many its a pretty died league

That is too bad, it seems like it is a great avenue for players to pursue after HS. Congrats on the Lumberjacks for winning though.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeymaster » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 pm

gfhockeyrules wrote:Romanick from Bismarck and a few others from GFC, RR, and South have had visits to UND - NOT Offers. I would be very surprised if any of them got an actual "offer" from them yet, and all of them would have to play at least 2 years of Juniors to at least be considered.

the only player from south i see being college hockey worthy is orson, and one maybe two from the other schools. everyone visits college to see where they wanna attend. dont get ahead of yourself by sayin a college visit is a scholarship for hockey.
hockeymaster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 14>35 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:59 pm

yeah i have a hard time seeing anyone from this class visiting und for hockey
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:17 pm

UND!! I don't see anyone in this class playing juniors!!!!
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby central hockey fan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:UND!! I don't see anyone in this class playing juniors!!!!

Are you saying that no one from the state of ND that is a junior or a senior is good enough to play juniors?? That is one heck of a thing to say. I'm sure several at least will prove you wrong.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:37 pm

By in this class I mean seniors and only seniors and yes after watching a lot of hockey I truely see no talent that is capable of the next level whether it is NAHL, USHL, or D1. I keep my word and stand by it!!!
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:20 am

DefenseFirst wrote:By in this class I mean seniors and only seniors and yes after watching a lot of hockey I truely see no talent that is capable of the next level whether it is NAHL, USHL, or D1. I keep my word and stand by it!!!

Romanick, Crary, Schmitt, Anderson, Ladoucer, and Richter could all play NAHL at the least. the NAHL is not that great of a league.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:00 am

Romanick is a only a junior I believe so he doesn't count for this list but I see him playing USHL. Crary is way to small and won't be able to play at the next level. Richter also is a smaller guy who wouldn't make it at the next level and as for Schmidt he is a toss up. In my opinion he is a bubble player for NAHL. If he makes an NAHL team he will probably be a 4th liner or a healthy scratch most of the games.
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stillgotyourback » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:46 am

DefenseFirst wrote:By in this class I mean seniors and only seniors and yes after watching a lot of hockey I truely see no talent that is capable of the next level whether it is NAHL, USHL, or D1. I keep my word and stand by it!!!

I've heard that Narveson from south is practicing with the Force already. Even if he doesn't make the force he will easily make an NA team. And all the seniors previously mentioned should be able to make teams if they tryout as well.
stillgotyourback

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Well, i will give you this, you are sticking by your statement. Since I'm not a talent scout I really don't know for sure. Let's see how it works out. I hope they read your post and it motivates the heck out of them. I'm sure someone wrote something similar about Mr. Penner when he was up in Bottineau and last time I checked he was in the NHL.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Don't know what Dustin Penner has anything to do with this. Pretty sure he didn't play high school hockey in ND
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:29 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:Don't know what Dustin Penner has anything to do with this. Pretty sure he didn't play high school hockey in ND

The point w/ Penner is that he took a very different route to the NHL. He wasn't even close to a blue chipper. These boys could blossom in the next couple of years. There is no way of knowing.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ctrain1369 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

stillgotyourback wrote:I pretty sure south is splitting in two for athletics next year so the talent will most likely be spread out in fargo. So I got
1. RR
2. Cenral
3. WF/North
4. South
5. Grafton
6. New fargo school
7. Shanley
8. DL
9. Whap

South isnt splitting up schools until the 2011 season. There will be 2 jv teams but still only one varsity on the southside of town. Look for them to surprise you too. Alot of senior defensemen leaving but still going to have Orson, Stellrecht, Sorenson, Hooey, and Buchholz. 3 of them were all edc n orson and buchholz were all state. coming out of fargo n being all state must mean your pretty good. its not as easy to be on the all state or edc team and be from anywhere south of GF
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Go Sioux » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am

ctrain1369 wrote:
stillgotyourback wrote:I pretty sure south is splitting in two for athletics next year so the talent will most likely be spread out in fargo. So I got
1. RR
2. Cenral
3. WF/North
4. South
5. Grafton
6. New fargo school
7. Shanley
8. DL
9. Whap

South isnt splitting up schools until the 2011 season. There will be 2 jv teams but still only one varsity on the southside of town. Look for them to surprise you too. Alot of senior defensemen leaving but still going to have Orson, Stellrecht, Sorenson, Hooey, and Buchholz. 3 of them were all edc n orson and buchholz were all state. coming out of fargo n being all state must mean your pretty good. its not as easy to be on the all state or edc team and be from anywhere south of GF

Red River won state. South did not. I believe they took fourth. Ouch
Go Sioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Go Sioux wrote:Red River won state. South did not. I believe they took fourth. Ouch

They mentioned nothing about a state title, did they? You got your state championship, be happy you snuck away with it. Just because you're insecure about your accomplishments doesn't mean you have to come on and put other people down to make you feel better.

I'm also sure South really cared about that third/fourth place game, probably about as much as Central did. It's a well known fact that the third place game has been a, for lack of better terms, crap show, because the players in it would rather just be done and home instead of playing for third. These teams come to win it, not play for third. If you watch the third place game you can tell very easily, which is why I stopped going to it, especially after the rink switched to the purpur.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to EDC