2009-2010

Teams of the East

Re: 2009-2010

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:13 pm

allornothing wrote:ok now your taking that to far i would say south is all more arrogant then the gf teams.

South isnt the team thinking they should have a 2 school region, due to sarcasm
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
BigRed22 wrote:ok guys back on topic red river and central will play for the state championship next year hands down but i still say red river walks away with it

well according to saucesauer red river and central are going to get their own division, or should at least get their own division. and that they should play eachother to get to the state championship game. therefore red river and central could not play eachother in the state championship game bigred22

I said they should get their own league, we will call it the league of arrogance they will not automatically qualify for state, they actually just go straight into the NHL because soooo very many of them have made it :lol: :roll:

I know you are trying to be funny by saying they just go straight to the NHL because sooo very many of them made it. I bet if you took a few minutes and did a little research, you would find probably quite a few players from the Grand Forks schools play or played in the AHL, ECHL, NHL.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SiouxYAYA » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
BigRed22 wrote:ok guys back on topic red river and central will play for the state championship next year hands down but i still say red river walks away with it

well according to saucesauer red river and central are going to get their own division, or should at least get their own division. and that they should play eachother to get to the state championship game. therefore red river and central could not play eachother in the state championship game bigred22

I said they should get their own league, we will call it the league of arrogance they will not automatically qualify for state, they actually just go straight into the NHL because soooo very many of them have made it :lol: :roll:

I know you are trying to be funny by saying they just go straight to the NHL because sooo very many of them made it. I bet if you took a few minutes and did a little research, you would find probably quite a few players from the Grand Forks schools play or played in the AHL, ECHL, NHL.

Since saucesauer probably doesn't have a clue i will serve him.

Ryan Potulny(Springfield Falcons) AHL had a brief stint with Edmonton
Danny Irmen(Houston Aeros) AHL
Grant Potulny(Norfolk Admirals) AHL
Robbie Bina(Springfield Falcons) AHL
JP Lamoureux(Alaska Aces) ECHL
Andy Schneider(Toronto Marlies) AHL
Jake Moreland(Fresno Falcons) ECHL
Jay Panzer(Greenville Grrowls) ECHL
Jeff Panzer(Grand Rapids Grifins) AHL
Nick Fuher(Utah Grizzlies) AHL
Tim Skarperud(Grand Rapids Griffins) AHL
Steve Johnson(Phoenix Roadrunners) IHL
Mike Eickman(Rockford IceHogs) AHL
Tim O'connel(Rochester Americans) AHL
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:

Thats great, I said NHL though and I only see 1 breif stint, heck Peluso had a breif stint, there are kids from all parts of the state playing in the AHL, ECHL, IHL, NAHL, I want the NHL I mean last time I checked thats the best of the best right? So shouldnt GF in itself be a feeder system directly to the NHL not including the Sioux? I mean at least thats the vibe I get on here from every single person from GF?!?!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:13 pm

come on now, not everyone from Grand Forks.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxYAYA » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:

Thats great, I said NHL though and I only see 1 breif stint, heck Peluso had a breif stint, there are kids from all parts of the state playing in the AHL, ECHL, IHL, NAHL, I want the NHL I mean last time I checked thats the best of the best right? So shouldnt GF in itself be a feeder system directly to the NHL not including the Sioux? I mean at least thats the vibe I get on here from every single person from GF?!?!

The NAHL is juniors. Tell me all the players that are playing in AHL, ECHL etc from across the state. I want you to enlighten me If you want to go juniors I will serve you aswell.
Last edited by Sioux4ever on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: let's keep the namecalling and swearing off of the site please.
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Nahl is way below in talent then the ushl just for your info guys...keep up the good work... GO GRAND FORKS!!!
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby SiouxYAYA » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:02 pm

gfhockey wrote:Nahl is way below in talent then the ushl just for your info guys...keep up the good work... GO GRAND FORKS!!!

thanks for stating the facts gfhockey
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Timmay07 wrote:come on now, not everyone from Grand Forks.

Sorry about the generalities. It's just after every championship game that a bunch of students and players from the schools come on here and talk a load of crap about how good they were. It's kind of pathetic, but you can't do much about it. It'll be like that forever.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby nothinghappend » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:08 pm

saucesauer, we all know you are trying to live the dream of playing pro hockey on this site. well ill tell you straight up this is a north dakota high school sports forum, not college and not pro. i think you are posting in the wrong area. i dont know for sure though i could be wrong, or are you simply just trying to live the dream through your kid? tell me how that goes... i bet he tries his hardest!!!!!!!!

lets get real here RR and Central will play for the championship next year, they will be playing for 3rd and 4th, heck they will even be playing for 5th and 6th. GF has a dynasty in hockey. if you dont like it you can get oout.
nothinghappend

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:11 pm

nothinghappend wrote:saucesauer, we all know you are trying to live the dream of playing pro hockey on this site. well ill tell you straight up this is a north dakota high school sports forum, not college and not pro. i think you are posting in the wrong area. i dont know for sure though i could be wrong, or are you simply just trying to live the dream through your kid? tell me how that goes... i bet he tries his hardest!!!!!!!!

lets get real here RR and Central will play for the championship next year, they will be playing for 3rd and 4th, heck they will even be playing for 5th and 6th. GF has a dynasty in hockey. if you dont like it you can get oout.

My example: This post.

Buchholz returns for South next year. If he gets 20-30+ shots a game he plays very well. I'll laugh and cite this post when South upsets your 'dynasty' at state just as they did to South and Bismarck this year.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby slapshot » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Congrats to RR. It is quite possible that Fargo sends 3 teams to state next year (north, south, west Fargo)RR almost got knocked out 3-2 when they played West Fargo. North almost Knocked off defending champ, Grafton in 2 OT. This means a GF team might not get in next year.
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:57 pm

If you want to watch real hockey and pretty much the Minnesota State High School Championship game go to myfoxhockey.com and watch Bloomington Jefferson and Edina at 6 P.M tonight!!!!!
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:06 pm

There seems to be some confusion in these posts. I mean who would think that GF hockey isn't the best in the state year after year. I know its hard when you're not from GF....I get it. Hey you guys could just move here and commute. It may be less painful. :D
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toews19 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:33 pm

red river has earned their right to come on here and run their mouths a bit. the whole year it was nothing but how good south is and how they are gonna take over the state and win it all. thats all this board was, the whole year. yeah red river wasnt the best team this year, everyone knows that. but they earned it this year through hard work and they did what they had to do when they had to do it. i read this forum the whole year and i got sick of hearing about south and central. well you know what, red river won it this year so yeah im gonna run my mouth a bit. it was said earlier in the year when central beat RR that central is the "team" in grand forks again. well you know what, RR doesnt play to win games against central, they play to win championships and thats what they did and thats what they do. it is their goal every year from day one. yeah they were underdogs the whole year and everyone counted them out from the start. but they knew they were from RR and there is pride in that locker room everyday. their goal from day one was to win it and thats what they did. not because they were better skill wise, they were better team wise. those kids showed a lot of heart this year. looks like red river is still the team in grand forks. yes im big time biased red river if you cant tell. but i was sick of hearing about how everyone counted them out this year and how central was taking over the town and south is the new team in the state. redemption 09 baby, how sweet it is!! if you dont like it, and if i get this topic locked than so be it. RIDERS BABY!!!! count them out next year again, it will just fire them up even more!! come get some, im out. yeah rip into me about how im a cocky RR fan i dont care. ill stick up for those guys and that team any day of the week.
toews19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RidersHockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Timmay07 wrote:If you want to watch real hockey and pretty much the Minnesota State High School Championship game go to myfoxhockey.com and watch Bloomington Jefferson and Edina at 6 P.M tonight!!!!!

Matt Van Voorhis would have played his HS Hockey at RR but he moved when he was in 8th grade. He is number 6 for Edina and he is only a sophomore.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:52 pm

QUite possibly the post above this one could have been the post of year eexpect for the ending.

And btw to the person who thinks fargo is going ot have 3 teams in it, RR and GFC were both every young this year. This could have been RR youngest year in a while... while GFC freshman/sophmores from 2 years ago will be JR/SR aand will be a top team.

edit... 2 above this one sorry guy above me posted the same time as me
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby RidersHockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:56 pm

slapshot wrote:Congrats to RR. It is quite possible that Fargo sends 3 teams to state next year (north, south, west Fargo)RR almost got knocked out 3-2 when they played West Fargo. North almost Knocked off defending champ, Grafton in 2 OT. This means a GF team might not get in next year.

I don't think so...I agree with South and WF but North...lets get real.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby king1869 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:00 pm

gf fans get over yourselves...!! central and south will be better than RR.. no doubt. just because there goalie was the only reason they won it.. maybe instead of saying rr are the champions it should be state champ...melland.
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:04 pm

King1869.... I hope you know RR freshman goalie who started a 1/3 of the games is already being recruited by USHL teams and should go in the futures drafts when he is of age. So id say he is a decent goalie IMO and of the USHL teams opinion.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby RidersHockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:08 pm

king1869 wrote:gf fans get over yourselves...!! central and south will be better than RR.. no doubt. just because there goalie was the only reason they won it.. maybe instead of saying rr are the champions it should be state champ...melland.

First off don't post when you don't have a clue what you are talking about. RR rolled 3 goalies this year including in the EDC tourney Nies and Byrne will be just fine next year without Meland. The thing is when RR loses players from a previous year they just reload.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toews19 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 pm

king1869 wrote:gf fans get over yourselves...!! central and south will be better than RR.. no doubt. just because there goalie was the only reason they won it.. maybe instead of saying rr are the champions it should be state champ...melland.

yeah no doubt they will be better than RR next year? i guess that wasnt the case this year was it? back to what i said before, red river does what the need to do at the right time. it might not be pretty, but they get the job done. and if you were to talk to meland, he would put his team over himself anyday of the week. yeah he might have been a huge part of why they won, but he is a team guy and would tell you they all earned it. oh yeah, south might be in the hurt bag next year compared to this year. i dont know if i would put them over RR. its kind of a toss up right now, i would have to think about it before i put one over the other
toews19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nothinghappend » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:25 pm

kinda off topic a little bit but has anyone else seen a force game this year? and would anyone else like to imput on their announcer? he is terrible, he grawls into the mic like really come on we arent at a heavy metal goth concert here. and holding the fargoooooooooo for a min before saying force and the beginning of each period like really? is it just me or is that announcer awful?
nothinghappend

Postby 14>35 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 pm

well apparently this thread is now the red river thread. honestly, i find it quite amusing. i guess ill throw my 2 cents in...

next year central will be the best team in the state they are graduating like what, 4 seniors? im being an unbiased fan that is just being realistic. south may not be that hot next year because of the switch to Davies and we will all be waiting to see how that turns out. and lastly, all of you red river homers: congratulations on the title. you earned it. but this is a topic for next year and my opinion is that yes, red river will struggle. they had a magical year this year it was a fun ride. however, they got outplayed in every game at state besides perhaps minot. their goalie carried them to the title with the offense capitalizing on the few chances they had. next year, they are losing a good chunk of seniors and have absolutely no defense to speak of. the goaltending will be great however.

ps. after hearing that the 8th grader might transfer to central...i think its bush league that there is no tradition in high school hockey but i dont blame him because he has a great shot at another state title there.
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 pm

If you don't like how people talk about South and GFC on here why don't you say somthing insted of waiting to see if RR wins state...Heres how I am seeing it basically you started to believe that RR wasn't going to do it this year so you don't post durring season and when they finally do you come on here and run your mouth...why don't just do that THE WHOLE SEASON? anyways, state this year is over good job RR always remember though...Modesty in Victory, Courage and Tollerance in Defeat.

2009/2010
1. GFC
2. South (The year after this I believe they go to Davies)
3. RR
4. North/WF
5. North/WF
6. GPR
7-9 the rest.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to EDC