2009-2010

Teams of the East

Re: 2009-2010

Postby toews19 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:38 pm

actually the whole year i said red river is better than they think they are. i might not have posted it on here, but believe it or not thats what i believed. and i didnt feel the need to come on here and post it. i like reading other peoples inputs and i just didnt feel the need to come on her and say mine until now. a lot of the players from all the teams read this, and red river didnt need to get their heads filled with me saying that. maybe south and central fans should do the same, everyone expected them to be playing for the title so when the time came, they expected it themselves too. i think the same thing happened to RR the 07-08 season. everyone expected them to win it. even themselves. red river had nothing to lose this year
toews19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sittingeagle12 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:09 pm

I find it amusing how everyone has so many excuses for their team not winning because all everyone did was talk about how good south central and even bismarck were and now that Red River beat them and won state most every person on here is saying how Red River didnt deserve it and making excuses for their team losing to a team that might not have been as good as the other teams but got the job done
sittingeagle12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RidersHockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
BigRed22 wrote:ok guys back on topic red river and central will play for the state championship next year hands down but i still say red river walks away with it

well according to saucesauer red river and central are going to get their own division, or should at least get their own division. and that they should play eachother to get to the state championship game. therefore red river and central could not play eachother in the state championship game bigred22

I said they should get their own league, we will call it the league of arrogance they will not automatically qualify for state, they actually just go straight into the NHL because soooo very many of them have made it :lol: :roll:

I know you are trying to be funny by saying they just go straight to the NHL because sooo very many of them made it. I bet if you took a few minutes and did a little research, you would find probably quite a few players from the Grand Forks schools play or played in the AHL, ECHL, NHL.

Since saucesauer probably doesn't have a clue i will serve him.

Ryan Potulny(Springfield Falcons) AHL had a brief stint with Edmonton
Danny Irmen(Houston Aeros) AHL
Grant Potulny(Norfolk Admirals) AHL
Robbie Bina(Springfield Falcons) AHL
JP Lamoureux(Alaska Aces) ECHL
Andy Schneider(Toronto Marlies) AHL
Jake Moreland(Fresno Falcons) ECHL
Jay Panzer(Greenville Grrowls) ECHL
Jeff Panzer(Grand Rapids Grifins) AHL
Nick Fuher(Utah Grizzlies) AHL
Tim Skarperud(Grand Rapids Griffins) AHL
Steve Johnson(Phoenix Roadrunners) IHL
Mike Eickman(Rockford IceHogs) AHL
Tim O'connel(Rochester Americans) AHL

Thats great, I said NHL though and I only see 1 breif stint, heck Peluso had a breif stint, there are kids from all parts of the state playing in the AHL, ECHL, IHL, NAHL, I want the NHL I mean last time I checked thats the best of the best right? So shouldnt GF in itself be a feeder system directly to the NHL not including the Sioux? I mean at least thats the vibe I get on here from every single person from GF?!?!

I'll try my best for the whole state since the year 2000, so it here it goes...I'll start with the the two GF schools then work my way down.
EAST
GFC
I'll get the Lamoureuxs out of the way first
Mario-Tri-City(USHL), UND
Jacques-Bismarck(NAHL), Air Force
JP-Lincoln(USHL), UND, Alaska Aces(ECHL)
Pierre-Paul-Tri-City(USHL), University of Manitoba, He also played with Red Deer of the Dub, which is why he isn't playing his college hockey in the states.
Jake Marto-Omaha(USHL), UND
Matt Carlson-Alaska Fairbanks(NAHL), BSU 2009
Morgan Simonson-Lincoln(USHL)
Robbie Bina-Lincoln(USHL), UND, Springfield Falcons(AHL)
Nick Fuher-Lincoln(USHL), UND
Jake Moreland-Sioux City(USHL), SCSU
Kasey Moreland-Sioux Falls(USHL)
Matt Moreland-FM Jets(NAHL)
Jeff Panzer-FM Ice Sharks(USHL), UND
Jay Panzer-Sioux City(USHL), UND
GFRR
Eric Meland-Lincoln(USHL), Princeton 2009
Alex Simonson-Chicago(USHL)
Ryan LaDouceur-Fargo(USHL)
Jarrett Galbreath-Alexandria(NAHL)
Pat Arnason-Owatonna(NAHL)
Marc Mihulka-FM Jets(NAHL)
Ryan Potulny-Lincoln(USHL), UM, Edmonton Oilers/Springfield Falcons(AHL)
Danny Irmen-Lincoln(USHL), UM, Houston Aeros(AHL)
Nate Ziegelmann-Lincoln(USHL), UND transfered to UMD
Mike Eickman-Lincoln(USHL), UNO
Andy Schneider-Lincoln(USHL), UND, Toronto Marlies(AHL)
Grant Potulny- Lincoln(USHL), UM, Norfolk Admirals(AHL)
Tim Skarperud-FM Ice Sharks(USHL), UND

Hockey High you may need to help out with Fargo Schools
FSH
Danny Wurden-Sioux City(USHL)
Paul Weisgarber-Waterloo(USHL), Air Force
Eric Galt-Lincoln(USHL)
Tyler Magura-Lincoln(USHL), Harvard
Pat O'Leary-FM Ice Sharks, UND
FNH
Aaron Walski-Bismarck(NAHL), UND
Elliot Oakland-FM Jets(NAHL)
Corey Mclean-FM Ice Sharks(USHL), Notre Dame
WF
Tyler Swanson-Alexandria(NAHL)
Fargo Shanely
Marc Harrie-FM Jets(NAHL)
GPR
Chad Demers-Fargo(USHL)
DL-None that I know of
Whap.-Lets get real
WEST
BHS
Will Aide-Bismarck(NAHL)
James Massen-Sioux Falls(USHL), UND
Minot
Jordan Willert-Tri-City(USHL), UNO
Quinn Fylling- Not sure if he played a HS game for Minot but we will give it to them anyway, Sioux Falls(USHL), UND
Century-Not sure
Mandan
Charlie Bair-Bismarck(NAHL)
Bottineau-Don't think so
Hazen-Don't think so
Jamestown- None that I know of...maybe Zack Welding
Dickinson-Don't think so
Williston
Tyler Jundt-Green Bay(USHL), BSU

If anyone can think of anymore feel free to add...that is all I can think of.
If my math is correct that gives the two GF schools 26 the rest of the state 16.
Last edited by RidersHockey on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:23 pm

Didnt Red Rivers Jake Vigen (2005 grad) play for the Indiana Ice for a year? could be wrong
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsman101 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:25 pm

sittingeagle12 wrote:I find it amusing how everyone has so many excuses for their team not winning because all everyone did was talk about how good south central and even bismarck were and now that Red River beat them and won state most every person on here is saying how Red River didnt deserve it and making excuses for their team losing to a team that might not have been as good as the other teams but got the job done
sometimes their just happens to be games where a goalie will accidentally twitch in the right direction without knowing and make saves that 99 times out of 100 wouldnt have been made... melland had that gift that weekend. as far as people moving on corey mclean from FNH went ice sharks (ushl) notre dame. its gonna be a battle between central and south next year again south returning its top four scorers along with two year starting goalie and central returning well.... everyone. dont see god helping out RR again next year i believe he just gave them redemtion this one year (due to the events of last year of course) :/
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Parnnyy D (Pat Arnason) played in the Nahl for a couple weeks
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
BigRed22 wrote:ok guys back on topic red river and central will play for the state championship next year hands down but i still say red river walks away with it

well according to saucesauer red river and central are going to get their own division, or should at least get their own division. and that they should play eachother to get to the state championship game. therefore red river and central could not play eachother in the state championship game bigred22

I said they should get their own league, we will call it the league of arrogance they will not automatically qualify for state, they actually just go straight into the NHL because soooo very many of them have made it :lol: :roll:

I know you are trying to be funny by saying they just go straight to the NHL because sooo very many of them made it. I bet if you took a few minutes and did a little research, you would find probably quite a few players from the Grand Forks schools play or played in the AHL, ECHL, NHL.

Thats great, I said NHL though and I only see 1 breif stint, heck Peluso had a breif stint, there are kids from all parts of the state playing in the AHL, ECHL, IHL, NAHL, I want the NHL I mean last time I checked thats the best of the best right? So shouldnt GF in itself be a feeder system directly to the NHL not including the Sioux? I mean at least thats the vibe I get on here from every single person from GF?!?!

again saucesauer, you are correct. red river should just be a direct feeder system to the NHL. you are a very intelligent person
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:31 pm

toews19 wrote:red river has earned their right to come on here and run their mouths a bit. the whole year it was nothing but how good south is and how they are gonna take over the state and win it all. thats all this board was, the whole year. yeah red river wasnt the best team this year, everyone knows that. but they earned it this year through hard work and they did what they had to do when they had to do it. i read this forum the whole year and i got sick of hearing about south and central. well you know what, red river won it this year so yeah im gonna run my mouth a bit. it was said earlier in the year when central beat RR that central is the "team" in grand forks again. well you know what, RR doesnt play to win games against central, they play to win championships and thats what they did and thats what they do. it is their goal every year from day one. yeah they were underdogs the whole year and everyone counted them out from the start. but they knew they were from RR and there is pride in that locker room everyday. their goal from day one was to win it and thats what they did. not because they were better skill wise, they were better team wise. those kids showed a lot of heart this year. looks like red river is still the team in grand forks. yes im big time biased red river if you cant tell. but i was sick of hearing about how everyone counted them out this year and how central was taking over the town and south is the new team in the state. redemption 09 baby, how sweet it is!! if you dont like it, and if i get this topic locked than so be it. RIDERS BABY!!!! count them out next year again, it will just fire them up even more!! come get some, im out. yeah rip into me about how im a cocky RR fan i dont care. ill stick up for those guys and that team any day of the week.

beautiful
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:38 pm

hey who won state this year? i was out of town i didnt catch the game...
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:41 pm

P4KNBD wrote:hey who won state this year? i was out of town i didnt catch the game...

Wahpeton 10-1 over Bottineau
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby RidersHockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:46 pm

P4KNBD wrote:hey who won state this year? i was out of town i didnt catch the game...

If you didnt realize that this is talking about next season now you do, there is a reason why RR fans have a bad rep and it because of bozos like you. You wouldnt have the balls to say what you say to these ppls faces. You sit behind some screen name and tear into to people like a coward. We all know that RR won and if you would just stop with your bs maybe some of these guys on here would respect you...but I doubt it.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Bottineau had Eric Herbel that went played NAHL in Bismarck (
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RidersHockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 pm

Baller wrote:Bottineau had Eric Herbel that went played NAHL in Bismarck (

that is what I thought wasnt sure though.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 am

RidersHockey wrote:

If you didnt realize that this is talking about next season now you do, there is a reason why RR fans have a bad rep and it because of bozos like you. You wouldnt have the balls to say what you say to these ppls faces. You sit behind some screen name and tear into to people like a coward. We all know that RR won and if you would just stop with your bs maybe some of these guys on here would respect you...but I doubt it.

This is probley the smartest words spoken I have seen in any of these forms...And the crazy part is its comming from a RR player/fan, its more than likely not worth too much to you but I personally respect you.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:00 am

P4KNBD wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:

again saucesauer, you are correct. red river should just be a direct feeder system to the NHL. you are a very intelligent person

Again I said NHL, NOT any of their affiliets!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 am

I wouldn't get too worked up about the RR guys, they are just having fun. Grand Forks hockey has a right to be a little cocky, they keep winning championships. Saucesauer? He's just looking for someone to argue with. What's new about that?

(remember to keep it civil, thank you)
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby SiouxYAYA » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:38 am

Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:

Again I said NHL, NOT any of their affiliets!

You still haven't replied back to my request...give me all the other Nodak players that aren't from GF that are playing in the AHL, ECHL, or NHL?
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby king1869 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:59 pm

gfhockey wrote:King1869.... I hope you know RR freshman goalie who started a 1/3 of the games is already being recruited by USHL teams and should go in the futures drafts when he is of age. So id say he is a decent goalie IMO and of the USHL teams opinion.

if hes so good than why didnt he play in any of the state games?? i mean ya hes prob a decent goalie but if hes going to go to the ushl then shouldnt he of been the starter the whole year instead of playing jv/ V?
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SiouxYAYA » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:34 pm

king1869 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:King1869.... I hope you know RR freshman goalie who started a 1/3 of the games is already being recruited by USHL teams and should go in the futures drafts when he is of age. So id say he is a decent goalie IMO and of the USHL teams opinion.

if hes so good than why didnt he play in any of the state games?? i mean ya hes prob a decent goalie but if hes going to go to the ushl then shouldnt he of been the starter the whole year instead of playing jv/ V?

Its called playing the hot goalie. Byrne and Nies both would have been starting goalies on any team in the west.
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:08 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:
king1869 wrote:

Its called playing the hot goalie. Byrne and Nies both would have been starting goalies on any team in the west.

i think id take meddler
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:36 pm

goteam11 wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:
king1869 wrote:

i think id take meddler

I would take Landenberger as well.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DefenseFirst » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Andrew Seeberg of Bismarck is playing for the Bobcats
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DefenseFirst » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Nick Romanick of Bismarck made the Bobcats but decided to play high school. I see him playing D1 college hockey.
Eric Paiemont Jamestown NAHL
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL
Jared Leber could be playing USHL but decided to go to school
Mike Hillmen Bismarck NAHL
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:34 am

DefenseFirst wrote:Nick Romanick of Bismarck made the Bobcats but decided to play high school. I see him playing D1 college hockey.
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

Where is Erick Paiement playing in the NAHL?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:02 am

DefenseFirst wrote:Nick Romanick of Bismarck made the Bobcats but decided to play high school. I see him playing D1 college hockey.
Sam Aide Bismarck NAHL

are you 100% sure romanick made bobcats i heard he didnt
where is paiment playing?
sam aide played lumberjacks not NAHL
jared lebare NAHL maybe USHL i doubt it
I dont think hillman actually ever played a game for the bobcats
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext