What did you think of the State Tournament? Teams? Players?

Teams of the East

Re: What did you think of the State Tournament? Teams? Players?

Postby imi4u2c » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 am

flyersgold08 wrote:The talent level is Down? maybe a bit, but you still see individuals puttin up points in the 50's range. Last year there was Meland, LaDouceur, Crary Demers and many others that put up more points. There was Crary, Orson, LaDouceur, Dickerson, and Richter along with others that still found a way to put up the points this year.There was even an 8th grader that had 26 points! For goalies you still had great goaltending such as Meland, Lang, Buchholz and Dvorak. Don't hate on these kids. They gave it their all in their level of hockey. Some years you get more talent, but you just have to deal with what youve been handed and try to stick out. And thats what these players have done.

yeah i spose from that stacked red river team last year it maybe seems like that. but the others team cant say that.
imi4u2c
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:00 pm

flyersgold08 wrote:The talent level is Down? maybe a bit, but you still see individuals puttin up points in the 50's range. Last year there was Meland, LaDouceur, Crary Demers and many others that put up more points. There was Crary, Orson, LaDouceur, Dickerson, and Richter along with others that still found a way to put up the points this year.There was even an 8th grader that had 26 points! For goalies you still had great goaltending such as Meland, Lang, Buchholz and Dvorak. Don't hate on these kids. They gave it their all in their level of hockey. Some years you get more talent, but you just have to deal with what youve been handed and try to stick out. And thats what these players have done.

I dont want to hate on the kid, Like Johnson I think his name was I was very impressed by him, he needs to put on some muscle but that will come in time...But that just solidified the fact the talent level WAS down a 8th grader doing that to the states goalies and I think that also put him like 40th in scoring, he is good but if the kids were better a 8th grader wouldnt be doing this!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DefenseFirst » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Alright since this site bans honesty I guess I will say that Dvorak is one of the best goalies in the state! He controls his rebounds perfectly and always is in position to make the first save. :lol:
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nothinghappend » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:04 pm

saucesauer, have you ever seen this 8th grader play? if he was playing in the west he would have lead the state in points. you are clueless about hockey. i am willing to bet he stays in high school for 2 more years then hes off to the USHL as a jr in high school. do us all a favor and stop posting about hockey cause you have no clue what hockey is about
nothinghappend

Postby P4KNBD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:32 pm

nothinghappend wrote:saucesauer, have you ever seen this 8th grader play? if he was playing in the west he would have lead the state in points. you are clueless about hockey. i am willing to bet he stays in high school for 2 more years then hes off to the USHL as a jr in high school. do us all a favor and stop posting about hockey cause you have no clue what hockey is about

agreed
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Alright don't be an idiot man! Yeah Luke is a good player but even if he was in the west he wouldn't lead the state in scoring. He wouldn't even crack the top 10!! But give his body a few years to grow and develop and yes his soph year he has a very good chance to lead the state in scoring. This kid has got a lot of potential so lets just see how it all pans out.
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dillseeds » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 pm

nothinghappend wrote:saucesauer, have you ever seen this 8th grader play? if he was playing in the west he would have lead the state in points. you are clueless about hockey. i am willing to bet he stays in high school for 2 more years then hes off to the USHL as a jr in high school. do us all a favor and stop posting about hockey cause you have no clue what hockey is about

Perfect post, well said
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:22 am

if he played in the west he wouldnt have led the state in scoring.....
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:38 am

Thats cute I am clueless, Don't be mad that I pointed out a fact that even if the kid is good the quality in hockey in the state is down...due to the fact a 8th grader is starting and putting up those points. he is about 5' 6'' 140 pounds soaking wet in years past that kid would be getting hit by every upperclassmen but that didnt happen. I suppose this will sound stupid when I told the guys I was watching the RR south game that RR wins in ot on a fluke goal...a wrist shot from the point with no tip and no screen seems fluky to me but to appease all you RR fans that shot was 200 mph and no west goalie would have ever touched it and Bucholz isnt even that good anyway right? I also feel Mario was better than him in 8th grade, but I am clueless about hockey. RR may have won state, But I think South and BHS were the 2 best teams in the state again I am a idiot though...Just remember you let a team worse than you hang around in a game they beat you, South obviously let RR hang around as did BHS but I am wrong yet again RR is the greatest hockey team ever the state should be in 3 regions WDA, EDC, and RR, get off your high horses a west team was the second best team in the state this year and in my opninon it was a toss up between BHS and South, That must just scar all the east egos a west team being in the finals, Dvorak may not be the best but he did beat 3 east teams and got a shut out aginst a decent GPR team and held a dang good GFC team to one but any monkey can do that right!?!?!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BLJELW » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:09 am

Saucesauer wrote:Thats cute I am clueless, Don't be mad that I pointed out a fact that even if the kid is good the quality in hockey in the state is down...due to the fact a 8th grader is starting and putting up those points. he is about 5' 6'' 140 pounds soaking wet in years past that kid would be getting hit by every upperclassmen but that didnt happen. I suppose this will sound stupid when I told the guys I was watching the RR south game that RR wins in ot on a fluke goal...a wrist shot from the point with no tip and no screen seems fluky to me but to appease all you RR fans that shot was 200 mph and no west goalie would have ever touched it and Bucholz isnt even that good anyway right? I also feel Mario was better than him in 8th grade, but I am clueless about hockey. RR may have won state, But I think South and BHS were the 2 best teams in the state again I am a idiot though...Just remember you let a team worse than you hang around in a game they beat you, South obviously let RR hang around as did BHS but I am wrong yet again RR is the greatest hockey team ever the state should be in 3 regions WDA, EDC, and RR, get off your high horses a west team was the second best team in the state this year and in my opninon it was a toss up between BHS and South, That must just scar all the east egos a west team being in the finals, Dvorak may not be the best but he did beat 3 east teams and got a shut out aginst a decent GPR team and held a dang good GFC team to one but any monkey can do that right!?!?!

pretty easy to hold grafton to a shut out when your team only give up 15 shots which maybe 1 was a decent scoring oppurtunity....Again against central, they didn't have hardly any shots and they took a goal away from them which wouldn't changed the outcome of the game, only the score...He is not a top 5 goalie in the state..in his 20 games he had 270 saves...thats close to 13 shots a game which most are not quality...P4K
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SiouxYAYA » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:39 am

Saucesauer wrote:Thats cute I am clueless, Don't be mad that I pointed out a fact that even if the kid is good the quality in hockey in the state is down...due to the fact a 8th grader is starting and putting up those points. he is about 5' 6'' 140 pounds soaking wet in years past that kid would be getting hit by every upperclassmen but that didnt happen. I suppose this will sound stupid when I told the guys I was watching the RR south game that RR wins in ot on a fluke goal...a wrist shot from the point with no tip and no screen seems fluky to me but to appease all you RR fans that shot was 200 mph and no west goalie would have ever touched it and Bucholz isnt even that good anyway right? I also feel Mario was better than him in 8th grade, but I am clueless about hockey. RR may have won state, But I think South and BHS were the 2 best teams in the state again I am a idiot though...Just remember you let a team worse than you hang around in a game they beat you, South obviously let RR hang around as did BHS but I am wrong yet again RR is the greatest hockey team ever the state should be in 3 regions WDA, EDC, and RR, get off your high horses a west team was the second best team in the state this year and in my opninon it was a toss up between BHS and South, That must just scar all the east egos a west team being in the finals, Dvorak may not be the best but he did beat 3 east teams and got a shut out aginst a decent GPR team and held a dang good GFC team to one but any monkey can do that right!?!?!

Stick to bball posts...our come back and talk when BHS wins a title. One question who did BHS have on their schedule that was half what decent other than South?...didnt think so
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dillseeds » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:46 am

Ok this is rediculous.............. noone can really shoot a puck 200mph i mean come on lets be realistic, and if rr did have its own conference who would they play against?
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby stillgotyourback » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:02 am

Actually a GF region would be a good idea. They always seem to make it to the championship anyway. They would only play each other for division play and free up there schedules to play more competitive teams from minnesota and such. No need to waste time playing whabdon. And for the 200 MPH shot...only possible if shot by a rider. This one just happened to be by leir (sp?)
stillgotyourback

Postby Go Sioux » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:16 am

i agree. Red River and Central deserve to be in there own division because they would make it to the championship anyway. It would be doing the other teams in the east a favor. Red River will end up beating South next year anyway when it matters most so South would benefit from it. Red River or Central will easily win the state title next year. No other teams even come close
Go Sioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dillseeds » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:38 pm

stillgotyourbackmakes a great point. Red River and Central have been the only teams in that have ever really competed with any reasonable talent in Minnesota. I think that there should the the third division created where Red River and Central would just play minnesota teams. This would give them greater competion, and make it a little less embarrasing for teams that cant compete. Then would play a game between Red River and Central too see who would automatically be placed in the North Dakota state chamionship. I mean there is always a Grand Forks team there anyways, why delay the inevitable?
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Wow Red River and Central are not that good!! If Bismarck would have gotten another chance to play Red River they would have beaten them. They just took some really dumb penalties which is there fault but if they would have stayed out of the box they would have beaten Red River which is basically a home game for them. Imagine how badly BHS would have beaten Red River if the game was in Bismarck! Bismarck is filled with a bunch of monsters who are just looking to love destroy you as Red River is a very small team who I don't think has a single player who is over six feet in height! Red River got extremely lucky in the championship game. If that game is played at a neutral facilty I take BHS by 2 goals. They were faster, stronger, and more agressive than Red River. The only thing RR has is a very solid goalie!
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Go Sioux » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:06 pm

hey pal, when bismarck wins a state championship, then you can talk.
Go Sioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nothinghappend » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:18 pm

defense first your foolish to say that bismarck would even come close to beating rr. i bet rr didnt even try so that championship game was closer than 10-0, east is 100 times better than the west. rr actaully had about 5 or 6 guys over 6ft tall too by the way you tool. bismarck is not faster either they just try to hit like big dumb idoits out there, they play typical west hockey....gong show.
nothinghappend

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:18 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:Wow Red River and Central are not that good!! If Bismarck would have gotten another chance to play Red River they would have beaten them. They just took some really dumb penalties which is there fault but if they would have stayed out of the box they would have beaten Red River which is basically a home game for them. Imagine how badly BHS would have beaten Red River if the game was in Bismarck! Bismarck is filled with a bunch of monsters who are just looking to love destroy you as Red River is a very small team who I don't think has a single player who is over six feet in height! Red River got extremely lucky in the championship game. If that game is played at a neutral facilty I take BHS by 2 goals. They were faster, stronger, and more agressive than Red River. The only thing RR has is a very solid goalie!

You are so wrong man, BHS is terriable RR is the best hockey in the nation, They only lost to South 2 times and GFC 2 times they are amazing....ly average.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Why is it that every year after the state tournament, everyone shows up on these boards either complaining or whining or giving excuses why they got beat. Red River won the state championship game, let's get on with it already. They were the better team on that day. They scored more goals. A team can get 100 shots from outside the slot and the dots and if none of them go in and the other team goes in and gets 7 shots point blank and scores 3-4 times, that is all that matters. It was a good game. Let's move on from the stupid postings now.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby goteam11 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:11 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:

Stick to bball posts...our come back and talk when BHS wins a title. One question who did BHS have on their schedule that was half what decent other than South?...didnt think so

its no bhs's fault who is on their schedule. i bet they would rather play all east teams than west anyways. they played 6 east teams and beat 5 of them.... i dont get what your trying to say?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby BLJELW » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
DefenseFirst wrote:Wow Red River and Central are not that good!! If Bismarck would have gotten another chance to play Red River they would have beaten them. They just took some really dumb penalties which is there fault but if they would have stayed out of the box they would have beaten Red River which is basically a home game for them. Imagine how badly BHS would have beaten Red River if the game was in Bismarck! Bismarck is filled with a bunch of monsters who are just looking to love destroy you as Red River is a very small team who I don't think has a single player who is over six feet in height! Red River got extremely lucky in the championship game. If that game is played at a neutral facilty I take BHS by 2 goals. They were faster, stronger, and more agressive than Red River. The only thing RR has is a very solid goalie!

You are so wrong man, BHS is terriable RR is the best hockey in the nation, They only lost to South 2 times and GFC 2 times they are amazing....ly average.

I recently talked to the coaches and players of the Red River hockey team..and they told them not to try untill the state tournament...they didn't want a bulls eye on them going in because it was bad luck the year before.
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:35 pm

BLJELW wrote:I recently talked to the coaches and players of the Red River hockey team..and they told them not to try untill the state tournament...they didn't want a bulls eye on them going in because it was bad luck the year before.

You're a complete fool if you actually believe that. In fact, they played far better against both Central and South during the regular season and lost. They were getting pummeled by South for a majority of the Semi game and Bismarck controlled almost all of even strength play in the ship. I actually thought they were playing below what they could have, but they still pulled it off thanks to Meland standing on his head against South and Bismarck not creating in-close opportunities.

goteam11 wrote:its no bhs's fault who is on their schedule. i bet they would rather play all east teams than west anyways. they played 6 east teams and beat 5 of them.... i dont get what your trying to say?

I'll say this before anyone else, it doesn't matter how well you do during the regular season (See Bismarck and South's record previous to state) as long as you win the game(s) that count, the one they lost counted. And I know Bismarck would rather play better competition. If the people here are saying Bismarck is a worthless team, they should probably take a gander and they did wreck Central and beat South in the regular season as well. They definitely COULD compete in the east. Saying they couldn't is just foolish, get off your high horses.

nothinghappend wrote:defense first your foolish to say that bismarck would even come close to beating rr. i bet rr didnt even try so that championship game was closer than 10-0, east is 100 times better than the west. rr actaully had about 5 or 6 guys over 6ft tall too by the way you tool. bismarck is not faster either they just try to hit like big dumb idoits out there, they play typical west hockey....gong show.

All I can say is... holy ego. Only thing you were right about is Bismarck being slower, but they were also a lot smarter with the puck than RR, at least in break outs and puck control.

dillseeds wrote:Red River and Central have been the only teams in that have ever really competed with any reasonable talent in Minnesota. I think that there should the the third division created where Red River and Central would just play minnesota teams. This would give them greater competion, and make it a little less embarrasing for teams that cant compete. Then would play a game between Red River and Central too see who would automatically be placed in the North Dakota state chamionship. I mean there is always a Grand Forks team there anyways, why delay the inevitable?

Honestly, do you guys know how to humble yourselves? You're lucky that you live in a hockey rich area, I give you that, but you act like you're hockey gods. South did FAR better against any Minnesota competition this year than GPR, GFRR and GFC did in their games. These are all Northeastern teams which are 'so superior' to that of the rest of the state. Or maybe you forgot about that 8-0 loss to Jefferson? Central even lost to Roseau... RR beat Roseau (a team that dropped all the way down in the 60-70's in MN AA rankings during this time) but got out shot in all their games, letting nearly 40 shots and 5 GA per game against Minnesota teams.
Honestly, take your pride, but be humble. You guys act like you're gods on this anonymous forum. Go to the HighSchoolHockeyForums website and post about your teams in a Minnesota setting and watch them treat you like you treat other ND teams here and see how you feel. It's completely disrespectful.

The amount of bias you guys show is ridiculous, and you can't even bring yourselves to treat others with respect. If you can't do that, you don't even deserve to be here.
Hope you don't believe in Karma.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:45 pm

dude i totally agree with you. you are 100% correct. Red River should get their own division. maybe like a new division in the NHL or something. then maybe the wouldnt be in the championship game every year. plus, it would be better games in north dakota and state tournament would be more exciting. and red river is the greatest hockey team in the state. thats a good statement by you and i totally agree with it. i will even go out on a limb here and say the best in the world. and dude wow you just hit every main point right on the button!! That shot was clocked exactly at 200! dude you have some skills on guessing like that. you should try going onto some game show and put those skills into action. oh and the last thing i completely agree with you on is when you said you clueless about hockey, again man you are right on with your statements!
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 pm

P4KNBD wrote:dude i totally agree with you. you are 100% correct. Red River should get their own division. maybe like a new division in the NHL or something. then maybe the wouldnt be in the championship game every year. plus, it would be better games in north dakota and state tournament would be more exciting. and red river is the greatest hockey team in the state. thats a good statement by you and i totally agree with it. i will even go out on a limb here and say the best in the world. and dude wow you just hit every main point right on the button!! That shot was clocked exactly at 200! dude you have some skills on guessing like that. you should try going onto some game show and put those skills into action. oh and the last thing i completely agree with you on is when you said you clueless about hockey, again man you are right on with your statements!

I heard that Red River and Central are actually becoming the first two teams in the APHL, the All-Pro Hockey League.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to EDC