What did you think of the State Tournament? Teams? Players?

Teams of the East

Re: What did you think of the State Tournament? Teams? Players?

Postby DefenseFirst » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm

I could serioulsy care less if Bismarck would have won because I'm a Roseau alum and all I'm saying is don't hate on Bismarck. They were serioulsy a good team who I believe would have won that game at a neutral site
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigRed22 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:50 pm

how bismarck was just looking for the hits red river out passed them and time posetion was about even. bismarck was skating into the zone and just taking weak shots from the boards with no one to screan.
BigRed22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RidersHockey » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:08 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:I could serioulsy care less if Bismarck would have won because I'm a Roseau alum and all I'm saying is don't hate on Bismarck. They were serioulsy a good team who I believe would have won that game at a neutral site

Neutral site huh? last time I checked RR played their home games at Purpur...would this have been your dang excuse if they would have got knocked off in the semis by GFC? or is it just for the championship game against RR. Nice try buddy, RR would have walked away with that game that day if it was played anywhere in the state.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RidersHockey » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm

I would like to apologize on behalf of all of the RR fans for these arrogant and cocky posts that some of these kids have been posting on this website. But some of you people have to give credit where credit is due, I know some of you don't like to admit it but RR was the better team that weekend, and yes Meland was the reason why they won, but saying that Bismark would have beat them on a "neutral" site is just flat out stupid. There are times in all sports where the better team doesn't always win for ex. last years RR team should have walked over everyone and they lost it, the NE Patriots lost to NYG and they Pats where a far better team, the Sioux in years past have been the favorites going into the frozen four...but that is why you have playoffs cause its a new season and on any given day any time can win.
RidersHockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:32 pm

P4KNBD wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:Thats cute I am clueless, Don't be mad that I pointed out a fact that even if the kid is good the quality in hockey in the state is down...due to the fact a 8th grader is starting and putting up those points. he is about 5' 6'' 140 pounds soaking wet in years past that kid would be getting hit by every upperclassmen but that didnt happen. I suppose this will sound stupid when I told the guys I was watching the RR south game that RR wins in ot on a fluke goal...a wrist shot from the point with no tip and no screen seems fluky to me but to appease all you RR fans that shot was 200 mph and no west goalie would have ever touched it and Bucholz isnt even that good anyway right? I also feel Mario was better than him in 8th grade, but I am clueless about hockey. RR may have won state, But I think South and BHS were the 2 best teams in the state again I am a idiot though...Just remember you let a team worse than you hang around in a game they beat you, South obviously let RR hang around as did BHS but I am wrong yet again RR is the greatest hockey team ever the state should be in 3 regions WDA, EDC, and RR, get off your high horses a west team was the second best team in the state this year and in my opninon it was a toss up between BHS and South, That must just scar all the east egos a west team being in the finals, Dvorak may not be the best but he did beat 3 east teams and got a shut out aginst a decent GPR team and held a dang good GFC team to one but any monkey can do that right!?!?!

dude i totally agree with you. you are 100% correct. Red River should get their own division. maybe like a new division in the NHL or something. then maybe the wouldnt be in the championship game every year. plus, it would be better games in north dakota and state tournament would be more exciting. and red river is the greatest hockey team in the state. thats a good statement by you and i totally agree with it. i will even go out on a limb here and say the best in the world. and dude wow you just hit every main point right on the button!! That shot was clocked exactly at 200! dude you have some skills on guessing like that. you should try going onto some game show and put those skills into action. oh and the last thing i completely agree with you on is when you said you clueless about hockey, again man you are right on with your statements!

sarcasim? i wasnt being sarcastic.....ha
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:44 pm

RidersHockey wrote:I would like to apologize on behalf of all of the RR fans for these arrogant and cocky posts that some of these kids have been posting on this website. But some of you people have to give credit where credit is due, I know some of you don't like to admit it but RR was the better team that weekend, and yes Meland was the reason why they won, but saying that Bismark would have beat them on a "neutral" site is just flat out stupid. There are times in all sports where the better team doesn't always win for ex. last years RR team should have walked over everyone and they lost it, the NE Patriots lost to NYG and they Pats where a far better team, the Sioux in years past have been the favorites going into the frozen four...but that is why you have playoffs cause its a new season and on any given day any time can win.

Your talking neutral sites? To say that it isn't an advantage to be playing in your hometown is flat out stupid. Sleeping in your bed every night, not having drunk high school kids running around hotel's at all hours of the night. Getting a nice home cooked meal every night. Living in that enviorment for 4 days is an uncomfortable atmosphere that isn't a benifit. Do i think the outcome would have been different if played in bismarck? I'm realistic and we will never know unless someone out west wants to throw 100 million down on a arena that could host the tourney 8) .
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nothinghappend » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:00 am

hockeyhigh is jsut jealous that south didnt win state and rr did. its not a big deal.
nothinghappend

Postby DefenseFirst » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 am

Exactly! Well said my friend.. Don't be a knob Rider boy. State is played in Grand Forks and that is your home. You get all your fans to come out and you get your band while BHS is lucky to get 30 kids from the student section and it doesn't help that it seems like every state weekend the weather goes to heck!
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:06 am

How about the biggest suprise of the State Tournament. Tony Bina Coach of the year.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:18 am

Timmay07 wrote:How about the biggest suprise of the State Tournament. Tony Bina Coach of the year.

I personally thought peluso had it in the bag...don't they vote morning of the championship? That's what i thought and to bring a west team into the championship game first time in 16 years.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby BLJELW » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:15 am

Why don't all theteams play paper, rock, scissors to see who is the best team....Odviously Red river is throwing rock because they have a nice one on their fingers saying state champs....nuff said
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby allornothing » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:35 am

how about matt malm evryone counted out his team at the beginning of the year then he goes and leads his team to once again a state championship that takes a coach to do that with that young of a team.
allornothing
NDPreps Rookie

Postby allornothing » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:36 am

BLJELW wrote:Why don't all theteams play paper, rock, scissors to see who is the best team....Odviously Red river is throwing rock because they have a nice one on their fingers saying state champs....nuff said

perfect qoute
allornothing
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:38 am

BLJELW wrote:Why don't all theteams play paper, rock, scissors to see who is the best team....Odviously Red river is throwing rock because they have a nice one on their fingers saying state champs....nuff said

Would BHS and South win if they throw paper than because they beat them on paper in every catagory but one, and the way I have been taught is 5>1
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Go Sioux » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:20 am

Saucesauer wrote:

Would BHS and South win if they throw paper than because they beat them on paper in every catagory but one, and the way I have been taught is 5>1

Last time i checked red river beat south in the semi finals and bismarck in the finals. So i think saucesauer is a little sour about RR winning. Jealous?
Go Sioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stillgotyourback » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 am

a little sour? Dudes like a warhead right meow
stillgotyourback

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Go Sioux wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Last time i checked red river beat south in the semi finals and bismarck in the finals. So i think saucesauer is a little sour about RR winning. Jealous?

I was completely fine with them winning until I got back home from GF and had to see all of these people running their mouths about how every player on the team is gods gift to hockey, so I figured I would stir up some drama scince this board has been missing it of late, it looked like it worked, and also didn't make to many RR people look too intellegent by only saying I am dumb, no hockey IQ, etc. at least come back at me with a intelectual argument insted of middle school girl name calling :D
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby stillgotyourback » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Go Sioux wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

I was completely fine with them winning until I got back home from GF and had to see all of these people running their mouths about how every player on the team is gods gift to hockey, so I figured I would stir up some drama scince this board has been missing it of late, it looked like it worked, and also didn't make to many RR people look too intellegent by only saying I am dumb, no hockey IQ, etc. at least come back at me with a intelectual argument insted of middle school girl name calling :D

Hows this for an intellectual argument...RR won (and your a sissy)
stillgotyourback

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 pm

stillgotyourback wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Go Sioux wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

My Point Proven thank you. :wink:
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm

states done. this topic is getting outof hand

case closed
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:04 pm

RidersHockey wrote:I would like to apologize on behalf of all of the RR fans for these arrogant and cocky posts that some of these kids have been posting on this website. But some of you people have to give credit where credit is due, I know some of you don't like to admit it but RR was the better team that weekend, and yes Meland was the reason why they won, but saying that Bismark would have beat them on a "neutral" site is just flat out stupid. There are times in all sports where the better team doesn't always win for ex. last years RR team should have walked over everyone and they lost it, the NE Patriots lost to NYG and they Pats where a far better team, the Sioux in years past have been the favorites going into the frozen four...but that is why you have playoffs cause its a new season and on any given day any time can win.

Only good post I've seen from a RR Student/Alum/Part in a good few days, thank you.

nothinghappend wrote:hockeyhigh is jsut jealous that south didnt win state and rr did. its not a big deal.

I'm hardly jealous, I'm realistic. It's pretty funny that you only come out and flaunt your almighty opinions upon us after the state tournament ended. Also, to rustle your feathers a bit, Central, Bismarck and Fargo South were all more skilled teams than Red River was, and that's a fact.

Ditka14 wrote:
Timmay07 wrote:How about the biggest suprise of the State Tournament. Tony Bina Coach of the year.

I personally thought peluso had it in the bag...don't they vote morning of the championship? That's what i thought and to bring a west team into the championship game first time in 16 years.

I think he deserved it, but really it's more about who's voting than who's getting voted for.
Also, Bina coached a team that hadn't gone to state in two years, and went from just above .500 to well above it. They had a pretty good season regardless.

Go Sioux wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

You need to realize when someone is simply trying to get under your skin Go Sioux. Also, those teams were better on paper, but that doesn't mean they'll win.

Saucesauer wrote:I was completely fine with them winning until I got back home from GF and had to see all of these people running their mouths about how every player on the team is gods gift to hockey...

I concur with this. Yes, Red River won and I'm perfectly fine with that. It's when players, parents, and people that don't even play the sport or watch it other than at State that bothers me when they come on here and say how good they are after the fact. Ignorance may be bliss, but arrogance is pathetic.

stillgotyourback wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:at least come back at me with a intelectual argument insted of middle school girl name calling :D

(You're a sissy)* Maybe by the end of senior year at RR you'll figure out the difference between your and you're.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Comone HH i had this locked for a reason!
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to EDC