Poll ended at Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 am

Grand Forks Red River
63%
Bismarck High
38%

Total votes : 16

Prediction for state championship

Postby BLJELW » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:31 am

who do you all think will win, and the score of the game?
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Prediction for state championship

Postby Timmay07 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:41 am

5-1 bismarck
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxYAYA » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Timmay07 wrote:5-1 bismarck

LOL
This is still RR ya know and Bismark is still Bismarck. There is a reason why the Riders are in the title game for the fifth straight year...they've been there before. These Bismark kids not better be shell shocked when the lights go out during the starting lineups because I have a feeling that RR is going to come out very strong after that win against South in OT. None of these kids have the experience on Bismarck...I know all you Demon fans are going to say "Experience...what are you talking about we just won a football championship." But the thing is thats not hockey and the Alerus Center isn't the Ralph and you were'nt playing "The Home-Town Favorite", "The Hockey Dynasty", "The Cake-Eaters", whatever you want to call them, The Grand Forks Red River RoughRiders...so that leaves me to my conclusion with the Riders "upsetting" the "favorite" Bismarck High Demons 4-2 with an empty netter...oh and by the way you wont even get a consolation prize because Crary has Mr. Hockey in the bag.
REDEMPTION '09
Last edited by SiouxYAYA on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 14>35 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 pm

true..lets not forget that bismarck is still from the WDA.

congrats to them if they can take it home, but I don't see it happening
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Timmay07 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

5-1 bismarck guaranteed
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxYAYA » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Timmay07 wrote:5-1 bismarck guaranteed

You are a funny guy
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyguru » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:47 pm

5-2 Bismarck
hockeyguru
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

ok i lied, its going to be 2-1 Bismarck in ot with 6 men on the ice!!!
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm

i say bismarck wins...
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby BLJELW » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 pm

FSHBruins10 wrote:i say bismarck wins...

well it dosnt matter what you think..Have fun playing for third place.
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:07 pm

BLJELW wrote:
FSHBruins10 wrote:i say bismarck wins...

well it dosnt matter what you think..Have fun playing for third place.

it also doesnt matter what you think, or what anybody thinks. its what happens on the ice that matters.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:43 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:
Timmay07 wrote:5-1 bismarck

LOL
This is still RR ya know and Bismark is still Bismarck. There is a reason why the Riders are in the title game for the fifth straight year...they've been there before. These Bismark kids not better be shell shocked when the lights go out during the starting lineups because I have a feeling that RR is going to come out very strong after that win against South in OT. None of these kids have the experience on Bismarck...I know all you Demon fans are going to say "Experience...what are you talking about we just won a football championship." But the thing is thats not hockey and the Alerus Center isn't the Ralph and you were'nt playing "The Home-Town Favorite", "The Hockey Dynasty", "The Cake-Eaters", whatever you want to call them, The Grand Forks Red River RoughRiders...so that leaves me to my conclusion with the Riders "upsetting" the "favorite" Bismarck High Demons 4-2 with an empty netter...oh and by the way you wont even get a consolation prize because Crary has Mr. Hockey in the bag.
REDEMPTION '09

couldnt have said it better myself. nicely done siouxYAYA. beautiful.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:14 pm

I see Bismarck running away with this one in an easy win. This is probably one of the weakest title games in a while. Neither the 1st or 2nd east seeds, who ran away from the bottom seeds during the season are in this game. Bismarck is far too big and physical for this young Red River team, and I don't see that many bounces going there way two nights in a row. However, you honestly never know, but I'm fairly confident in a Bismarck win. Tradition means nothing come crunch time, it comes down to the players and the coaches, and Bismarck is coming off a confident win over the east second seed Central, whereas Red River got (call it biased if you will) a lucky goal in OT over South after getting run around most of the game. I just don't see RR pulling it off unless Meland complete stands on his head two games in a row.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:43 pm

You know im not the one to call you out HH but i can tell in your post your pretty bitter that the roughriders beat ur beloved powerhouse fargo south.. Lucky goal? you could call it that or maybe that goalie dint have his head in the game during the over time..
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 pm

gfhockey wrote:You know im not the one to call you out HH but i can tell in your post your pretty bitter that the roughriders beat ur beloved powerhouse fargo south.. Lucky goal? you could call it that or maybe that goalie dint have his head in the game during the over time..

Yeah I'm kind of bitter. I really don't see Fargo South having much of a shot at pulling a championship off after the schools split, so I figured this would be their year. It's tough to watch a team go from 21-2-1 to losing the 3rd place game in State. They had a great team and I hope the players don't take it too hard on themselves.

As for the goal, it took a wicked bounce off a South player's shoulder and tucked itself under a screened goalies shoulder right under the crossbar. Goals like that happen all the time, just happened at the wrong time for South and the perfect time for Red River, eventual state champs. On the other side, Meland with an outstanding tournament.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:28 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
gfhockey wrote:You know im not the one to call you out HH but i can tell in your post your pretty bitter that the roughriders beat ur beloved powerhouse fargo south.. Lucky goal? you could call it that or maybe that goalie dint have his head in the game during the over time..

Yeah I'm kind of bitter. I really don't see Fargo South having much of a shot at pulling a championship off after the schools split, so I figured this would be their year. It's tough to watch a team go from 21-2-1 to losing the 3rd place game in State. They had a great team and I hope the players don't take it too hard on themselves.
As for the goal, it took a wicked bounce off a South player's shoulder and tucked itself under a screened goalies shoulder right under the crossbar. Goals like that happen all the time, just happened at the wrong time for South and the perfect time for Red River, eventual state champs. On the other side, Meland with an outstanding tournament.

Red River is a different team when it comes to the State Tournament. Records are thrown out the window. 1st seed, 2nd seed doesnt matter. Congrats to the Riders. I guess that is now 17 straight years for the EDC at state.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 am

Sioux4ever wrote:Red River is a different team when it comes to the State Tournament. Records are thrown out the window. 1st seed, 2nd seed doesnt matter. Congrats to the Riders. I guess that is now 17 straight years for the EDC at state.

Honestly though, I think we should commend BHS for what they've done this year. They have gone a long way from being the first round push over. They have shown that the WDA can host a hockey team that can compete with some of the top schools in the East. In fact, tonight I though they were the better team. They are big and physical, and they work the puck pretty well. Had a few bounces gone a different way or a few penalties undone, it could have been a completely different game. However, this is how it played out for BHS, and they need to take it in stride.
In essence, I think that BHS should take this loss not in sheer disappointment, but also realize how far their programs have come. Handling a strong GFC team in the semi's is no small task, and BHS definitely had the hardest path to the title this year. I think even though BHS lost, this will improve the West's youth league greatly.
Congratulations to both teams on an outstanding tournament.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Timmay07 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:15 am

I know this is off topic, and it might just be me but doesnt anyone here wonder why kids always shoot so high(especially d men)? isaw david burdick score a nice goal in the 3rd place game by keeping it low on the ice. The kids from bismarck were always shooting trying to snipe a soccer net. or the shot it in the goalies chest
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyersgold08 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:45 am

Red River came to play and worked as a team to pull off a win. I think they they should have won it the past three years but grafton took that from them. Malm is an experienced coach and this new team is young. I can see a few more state titles coming their way. congrats RR
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby king1869 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:39 pm

i thought that was a terrible game by both teams, both rr and bhs shouldnt of been there and they know it.. it was prob one of the worst champ games ive ever watched
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DefenseFirst » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Yeah I totally agree. That was a very boring and sloppy game of hockey. Is it me or was the talent level really down this year??
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 12345 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:22 pm

The game was bad and sloppy because the two teams that should have been in it were playing for third place. I think a central south championship would have been a very fun game to watch. Most teams were down this year, it seemed that south was the only team that was up compared to last years teams. South had one of the best teams to go through there program but just couldnt pull it off.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BLJELW » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:25 pm

12345 wrote:The game was bad and sloppy because the two teams that should have been in it were playing for third place. I think a central south championship would have been a very fun game to watch. Most teams were down this year, it seemed that south was the only team that was up compared to last years teams. South had one of the best teams to go through there program but just couldnt pull it off.

It might have been a fun game to watch...so thats good that you got to watch that game in the purpur...the two teams that made it deserve it....give all the credit to the kids...
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Timmay07 wrote:5-1 bismarck guaranteed

hopefully you dont gamble
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm

all you guys are saying red river didnt deserve it. some of you say south did. well im not 100% positive, but didnt south and red river play in the semi finals? and if red river was in the championship and won it that means that in the semi finals they must have beat...south right? pretty sure that any state championship is deserving. stop being poor losers. it was a hard fought game by both teams and i didnt think it was sloppy at all.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to EDC