Predictions For State Tournament!

Teams of the East

Predictions For State Tournament!

Postby L00PS » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 am

Let's hear your opinion on how the State Tournament will end up. Predictions? Upsets?
L00PS
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Predictions For State Tournament!

Postby SportsDoc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:27 am

I'll take a stab:

First Round
Bismarck over G/PR
GFC over Williston
South over Century
Red River over Minot

Semi-Finals
Bismarck over GFC
South over Red River

Championship
South over Bismarck

Upset Specials
If Bismarck gets shaky goaltending, I could see G/PR pulling the first game upset (again).
If Minot's Meddler stays hot, I could see Minot toppling Red River. He is hot right now, too.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hook » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 am

GPR OVER BISMARCK (AGAIN)
GFC OVER WILLISTON
SOUTH OVER CENTURY
MINOT OVER GFRR

i wouldnt call the gpr/bis game an upset if gpr wins... it happens nearly every year. i think that minot has a punchers chance against red river... now that would be an upset! a hot goalie is all it would take!
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsDoc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:15 pm

hook wrote:GPR OVER BISMARCK (AGAIN)

Don't forget Bismarck as a #1 seed last year beat Fargo North in the first game 4-0, so "AGAIN", as it pertains to Bismarck, is inaccurate. Though, as it pertains to the West in general, is dead on.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BLJELW » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm

plain and simple...west hockey should be considered class B compared to East...I wouldn't be surprised if all four teams won...
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux_16 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:35 am

Class B? 2 of the 4 west teams are going to win there first game. How would that consider the west as being class B?
sioux_16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am

sioux_16 wrote:Class B? 2 of the 4 west teams are going to win there first game. How would that consider the west as being class B?

what two west teams will win there first game? i can see b-high but i cant see any other west team beating an edc team at state this year...
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby imi4u2c » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 am

sports doc...no
imi4u2c
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Hockey10 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:06 am

Hey sioux_16... what 2 teams from the west are going to win 1st round. I would like to know?
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey10 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 am

Bismarck over GPR
GFC over Williston
South over Century
RR over Minot

Semis
GFC over Bismarck
South over RR

Chmpionship
South vs GFC to close to tell will be a good game
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey10 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 am

It is to bad for Grafton that they do not have a goalie at all. With even a lagit goalie they could have a chance to beat Bismarck, but with monsebroten( spelling?) in net they have no chance. Their forwards can work teams but with no goalie against a team like bismarck, good luck.
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby L00PS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 pm

I would like to agree with the prediction of Hockey10, although I think Fargo South shouldn't have any problem taking the title this year if they make it to the championship. There is always a catch tho. And ALWAYS an upset. So whoever wins the title this year is going to have to earn it in every way. Winning a State Championship in anything isn't an easy task and never will be. The real champion will rise to the top when it matters.
L00PS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Hockey10 wrote:It is to bad for Grafton that they do not have a goalie at all. With even a lagit goalie they could have a chance to beat Bismarck, but with monsebroten( spelling?) in net they have no chance. Their forwards can work teams but with no goalie against a team like bismarck, good luck.

I'm pretty sure Grafton will beat Bismarck; even with weak goaltending. How many times has Grafton played and beat Bismarck in the opening round?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:31 pm

SportsDoc wrote:

Don't forget Bismarck as a #1 seed last year beat Fargo North in the first game 4-0, so "AGAIN", as it pertains to Bismarck, is inaccurate. Though, as it pertains to the West in general, is dead on.

You have to realize that North shouldn't have even been at state last year. Entering EDC last year they were ranked 6th, and because South lost to Devils Lake first round of EDC, North got into state by beating Devils Lake. Central, the team that would have been seeded 3rd, lost to South in the elimination game and didn't even get to go to state.

Hockey10 wrote:with monsebroten( spelling?) in net they have no chance. Their forwards can work teams but with no goalie against a team like bismarck, good luck.

They won state last year with Monsebroten in net. I don't think he's near one of the top goalies in the state, but you have to work around it or find a new one. As for Bismarck, if they're having trouble beating Grafton this year, they're gonna have a heck of a time with Central/South this weekend.

L00PS wrote:I would like to agree with the prediction of Hockey10, although I think Fargo South shouldn't have any problem taking the title this year if they make it to the championship. There is always a catch tho. And ALWAYS an upset. So whoever wins the title this year is going to have to earn it in every way. Winning a State Championship in anything isn't an easy task and never will be. The real champion will rise to the top when it matters.

South has to make it there first. If they play well I have no doubt that they can take it. As CHF said before, it's theirs to lose at this point in the season.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby 12345 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:59 pm

I think it is in souths hands to win or lose this. They have proven they can beat the best in the state besides bismarck, but I still think south is a better team than them. It all comes down to who plays the hardest and who wants it more. You never know come state tourny time though ANYTHING can happen.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsDoc » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
SportsDoc wrote:

You have to realize that North shouldn't have even been at state last year. Entering EDC last year they were ranked 6th, and because South lost to Devils Lake first round of EDC, North got into state by beating Devils Lake. Central, the team that would have been seeded 3rd, lost to South in the elimination game and didn't even get to go to state.

Hockey10 wrote:with monsebroten( spelling?) in net they have no chance. Their forwards can work teams but with no goalie against a team like bismarck, good luck.

They won state last year with Monsebroten in net. I don't think he's near one of the top goalies in the state, but you have to work around it or find a new one. As for Bismarck, if they're having trouble beating Grafton this year, they're gonna have a heck of a time with Central/South this weekend.

L00PS wrote:I would like to agree with the prediction of Hockey10, although I think Fargo South shouldn't have any problem taking the title this year if they make it to the championship. There is always a catch tho. And ALWAYS an upset. So whoever wins the title this year is going to have to earn it in every way. Winning a State Championship in anything isn't an easy task and never will be. The real champion will rise to the top when it matters.

South has to make it there first. If they play well I have no doubt that they can take it. As CHF said before, it's theirs to lose at this point in the season.

That's not Bismarck's fault. They beat who was in front of them. They can't control who the East lets in now can they?

Someone said the West will win two. To do it, Bismarck has to win, and then I give Minot a real chance, so it is possible, though not probable. I think Bismarck's "D" can control G/PR's top line. The question is can their goalie make all the necessary saves and not give up any soft goals. If he does well, BHS will be tough to beat.

Looking at snipers, last year 4 players averaged at least a goal a game and three of them were from the East, the fourth from the West wasn't even in the Tournament. This year there are five and they are all from the West. Four are in the Tournament. That could be an "X" factor.

In the end, I think hot goalies and snipers win big games.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BLJELW » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:21 am

SportsDoc wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:
SportsDoc wrote:

That's not Bismarck's fault. They beat who was in front of them. They can't control who the East lets in now can they?

Someone said the West will win two. To do it, Bismarck has to win, and then I give Minot a real chance, so it is possible, though not probable. I think Bismarck's "D" can control G/PR's top line. The question is can their goalie make all the necessary saves and not give up any soft goals. If he does well, BHS will be tough to beat.

Looking at snipers, last year 4 players averaged at least a goal a game and three of them were from the East, the fourth from the West wasn't even in the Tournament. This year there are five and they are all from the West. Four are in the Tournament. That could be an "X" factor.

In the end, I think hot goalies and snipers win big games.

I don't know how you think minot has a chance..Red River travelled on a bus to minot on a saturday morning not to long ago and played them in minot....Red River didn't play as well as they usually do and they still beat minot...Im saying RR wins 6-1
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby owlover79 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 am

I don't know how you think minot has a chance..Red River travelled on a bus to minot on a saturday morning not to long ago and played them in minot....Red River didn't play as well as they usually do and they still beat minot...Im saying RR wins 6-1

Pretty good predictions....6-2...worried me a little after the first period when Minot had a 2-0 lead but once RR scored the first goal it was all downhill from there for minot....should a an interesting game tomorow in Fargo South vs GFRR
owlover79
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Shoot! » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:20 am

Hockey10 wrote:It is to bad for Grafton that they do not have a goalie at all. With even a lagit goalie they could have a chance to beat Bismarck, but with monsebroten( spelling?) in net they have no chance. Their forwards can work teams but with no goalie against a team like bismarck, good luck.

I think Monsebroten was the only one to show up yesterday
Shoot!
NDPreps Reserve

Return to EDC