South Dominates! ?

Teams of the East

South Dominates! ?

Postby ndhsfan1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 am

Well I was told by one of our South parents Shanley will play with anybody at times. I guess I had to see it to believe it. Now I believe it, 1st & 3rd period very tight with our Bruins, 2 period all Bruins. Shanley very good considering their age; but not good enough to survive too many penelties. Our Bruin boys put it away in the second period like they should after going to the locker room 1 to 1 after 1st period. Maybe our boys had to see it to believe it also!? Well after they seen it...they stepped up for the second period.

I was told watch and learn when I commented about the two freshmen starting for Shanley. Boy did I learn. There has got to be great coaching and teamwork for such a young team to not be intimidated by the size and speed of our Bruin team.

Shanley coaches have done a great job with that young team; and their boys look like they have responded to the systems and strategies put in place. That is an example of terrific coaching, when building by teaching, not age and experience. They only need three complete periods!

Another good game for our Bruins...continuing our trek to the State Title!
ndhsfan1

Re: South Dominates! ?

Postby NODOUBT » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 pm

i do agree that shanley can be competitive at times. but our bruin boys totally dominated that game. tight 3rd period? bruins outshot the deacons 25-7in the 3rd and 3 of shanleys shots were dump ins. it looks like to me that without that goalie at shanley(stokke) 52 saves, they would be in the hurt bag. yes they appear to be very young, some nice players-just not enough. scoring chances must have been 40-3. at least we're not beating them 12-0. not good for hockey. the 2 freshman harvey and salentini or something like that-very good players. south just has too much for anybody!
NODOUBT
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FSHBruins10 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:28 pm

stokke has to maintain his composure....wow there were multiple occurences where he was trash talking some of the other south players and a south player had touched him. he's gotta be smart too because narv would destroy him haha
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Riders10 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Don't know if you were watching the same game I was but stokke was getting hacked the whole game...south is by far the dirtiest team in the state...they can really play but they just don't know how to play clean hockey.
Riders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:15 pm

ndhsfan1 wrote:Well I was told by one of our South parents Shanley will play with anybody at times. I guess I had to see it to believe it. Now I believe it, 1st & 3rd period very tight with our Bruins, 2 period all Bruins. Shanley very good considering their age; but not good enough to survive too many penelties. Our Bruin boys put it away in the second period like they should after going to the locker room 1 to 1 after 1st period. Maybe our boys had to see it to believe it also!? Well after they seen it...they stepped up for the second period.

I was told watch and learn when I commented about the two freshmen starting for Shanley. Boy did I learn. There has got to be great coaching and teamwork for such a young team to not be intimidated by the size and speed of our Bruin team.

Shanley coaches have done a great job with that young team; and their boys look like they have responded to the systems and strategies put in place. That is an example of terrific coaching, when building by teaching, not age and experience. They only need three complete periods!

Another good game for our Bruins...continuing our trek to the State Title!

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't sound like the South parents I know, hah... more like a Shanley parent trying to pull a quick one. I mean, what South parent would challenge the skill of their own team by saying they couldn't even dominate Shanley (second to last seed in the east)?

However, I didn't think Shanley had a chance that entire game. South came out slow and looked a little out of it, but they still thoroughly controlled the game. The shots on either side seemed exaggerated, but most of all, the penalties seemed ridiculous. There was absolutely no pace to this game at all because there was so many long pauses due to the referees not even being sure of their own calls. I left after the second period because it was getting so bad.

Stokke was playing very well and using his size wisely, as well as Shanley having a couple of skilled players, but hardly enough to compete with a perennial.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby some random person » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm

whats with all this our and us and we talk??? you play for south ndhsfan1??
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FSHBruins10 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Riders10 wrote:Don't know if you were watching the same game I was but stokke was getting hacked the whole game...south is by far the dirtiest team in the state...they can really play but they just don't know how to play clean hockey.

haha seriously? what games have you seen that make you believe that?
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby heisman10 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:14 pm

wow get over yourselves
heisman10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ctrain1369 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Dirty? maybe a little. dirtest in the state is a complete Exaggeration. Some of the players may get worked up and a little hack happy, but it doesnt compare to grafton or Red River. Alot of trash talk and stick work come out of two teams i have seen south beat twice. Trash talking is one thing if your winning but when you get swept in the season i dont see the point of trying to sound tough when you cant compete
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:48 pm

heisman10 wrote:wow get over yourselves

This thread, I believe, was actually intended for someone to brag about Shanley and bring down South...
I do believe that Shanley has improved, but it's mostly just because Stokke has played very well this year, and is blocking all the shots he should and most of the shots that he shouldn't.

some random person wrote:whats with all this our and us and we talk??? you play for south ndhsfan1??

It's a Shanley parent/player.

FSHBruins10 wrote:
Riders10 wrote:Don't know if you were watching the same game I was but stokke was getting hacked the whole game...south is by far the dirtiest team in the state...they can really play but they just don't know how to play clean hockey.

I think South is confident (maybe too confident at times, I'd agree), but I don't think they're cheap or chippy. A few players on South can get flustered (but what team's players don't? I know the Super Bowl wasn't clean...), but it generally is because of themselves rather than the other team. I don't remember the Shanley game exactly, but I doubt they were hacking at the goalie that much as refs in Fargo generally call it very tight (just look at how many penalties there have been for all teams in Fargo).
If you want to see players getting in the face of a goalie, you should have seen South in their first game against Grafton, barreling into Monsebroten. They scored several goals because of players crashing the net very hard, but them actually hitting the goalie seemed to be part of the fault of Grafton's defense not protecting their goalie in odd man situations. Grafton got them back in Grafton though. I believe Buchholz got run over 6-7 times by Grafton players after the play and still kept his composure. Takes a lot to do that, especially when refs aren't doing anything about it.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
heisman10 wrote:wow get over yourselves

This thread, I believe, was actually intended for someone to brag about Shanley and bring down South...
I do believe that Shanley has improved, but it's mostly just because Stokke has played very well this year, and is blocking all the shots he should and most of the shots that he shouldn't.

some random person wrote:whats with all this our and us and we talk??? you play for south ndhsfan1??

It's a Shanley parent/player.

FSHBruins10 wrote:

I think South is confident (maybe too confident at times, I'd agree), but I don't think they're cheap or chippy. A few players on South can get flustered (but what team's players don't? I know the Super Bowl wasn't clean...), but it generally is because of themselves rather than the other team. I don't remember the Shanley game exactly, but I doubt they were hacking at the goalie that much as refs in Fargo generally call it very tight (just look at how many penalties there have been for all teams in Fargo).
If you want to see players getting in the face of a goalie, you should have seen South in their first game against Grafton, barreling into Monsebroten. They scored several goals because of players crashing the net very hard, but them actually hitting the goalie seemed to be part of the fault of Grafton's defense not protecting their goalie in odd man situations. Grafton got them back in Grafton though. I believe Buchholz got run over 6-7 times by Grafton players after the play and still kept his composure. Takes a lot to do that, especially when refs aren't doing anything about it.

The refs in fargo are not very tight. normally they ref a good game but when it comes to slashing the goalie they do not call very much otherwise they are pretty good though
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby king1869 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:06 pm

hooey14 wrote:that is abserd. shanley worked us the enire game, im embarrased of our performance. if it wasnt for a quick 6 minute span in the second we would of had a close game, please everyone just stop talking about this game, it truly bothers, and embarrases me.

Josh Hooey???
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsman101 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:09 pm

hooey14 wrote:that is abserd. shanley worked us the enire game, im embarrased of our performance. if it wasnt for a quick 6 minute span in the second we would of had a close game, please everyone just stop talking about this game, it truly bothers, and embarrases me.
why would you have a username with your name and number in it?
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndhockey2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:45 pm

king1869 is Cooper Stellrecht and hooey14 is Josh Hooey-------- They both play for south

"As far as I know, this is not correct, Hooey14's Internet Provider is even from Fargo and could not possibly be him" -Hockeyhigh
ndhockey2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 pm

sportsman101 wrote:
why would you have a username with your name and number in it?

I probably shouldn't provide this information, but in order to restore order here you go: It's not Josh Hooey of Fargo South. His Internet Provider is not even from Fargo, so it isn't him. Banning the username for impersonation with bad intentions. This is not acceptable.

king1869 has several Internet Providers, several of them from Fargo. Could even be multiple people.

Either way, this isn't topic for discussion, and impersonating a player from a team (especially with the intent to hurt someone's reputation) is absolutely not tolerated. Clean up these forums or the threads/posts will be deleted.
-Thread Locked-
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:34 am

It was actually a Shanley player. His account was deleted. Any evidence of him re-registering will result in another ban.

I would suggest the Shanley players tell your freshman to stay off the message boards.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to EDC