Games of the Week (10) - GFC/GFRR and FS/GPR

Teams of the East

Who will win the Games of the Week (10)? (Pick victor of either game)

Poll ended at Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Grand Forks Central beats Grand Forks Red River
50%
Grand Forks Red River beats Grand Forks Central
No votes
Fargo South beats Grafton / Park River
45%
Grafton / Park River beats Fargo South
5%

Total votes : 20

Games of the Week (10) - GFC/GFRR and FS/GPR

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Results

1 -- [#2] Grand Forks Central (6-1-0 EDC) at [#3] Grand Forks Red River (7-3-0 EDC) -- 3

Red River and Central meet for the second time this season in order to see who will control second place in the EDC. Red River led for a majority of their first meeting, but lost control of the game when Central came back and netted several goals as well as two empty netters to seal the game 7-4. An intense back and forth battle is likely to be seen, just as it has happened already this season. Red River's hasty offense and Central's defensive prowess will be the biggest battle of the game to see who comes out on top of this rivalry.

Games this week:
West Fargo at Grand Forks Central
Grand Forks Red River at Fargo North

Results

4 -- [#1] Fargo South (8-0-0 EDC) at [#4] Grafton / Park River (6-3-0 EDC) -- 1

A struggling Spoiler team looks to redeem itself on Thursday night in their own rink by taking on the top team in EDC. Grafton relies heavily on a solid performance by their top line as well as an aggressive offense by their lower lines to keep pressure on. South seems to rely on a solid defensive performance with a consistent offensive threat. The last meeting between the two teams was in December where South's two minute offensive with three goals, which buried the Spoilers in a previously close game at 7-3. A win for either team is another big step towards taking a hold on EDC.

Games this week:
Fargo South at Fargo Shanley
Grafton does not play.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Re: Games of the Week (10) - GFC/GFRR and FS/GPR

Postby central hockey fan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm

OK, here goes....

I saw RR play against South and because of what I observed I think Central will beat them 6-2. There is no way to keep RR off the board but I just can't see RR stopping GFC from scoring....lots.

GPR has no chance against South. They just don't have enough bullets in the gun at this point. But....Grafton is the Bermuda Triangle of the EDC so ya never know. Prediction: 7-1 South.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 am

I went to the South-GPR game at the UP and it was close except a 2-3 minute stretch that South piled on the goals, and on the goalies and knocked out Monsebroten. They actually did knock him out. He was knocked out cold and was then taken out of the game. The Bruins crashed the net very hard many times, and the net was off its moorings quite a few times. Things will change up in G-Town and the Spoilers may not win but I see it a 1-2 goal game at the most, either way.

Spoiler92
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm

central hockey fan wrote:OK, here goes....

I saw RR play against South and because of what I observed I think Central will beat them 6-2. There is no way to keep RR off the board but I just can't see RR stopping GFC from scoring....lots.

GPR has no chance against South. They just don't have enough bullets in the gun at this point. But....Grafton is the Bermuda Triangle of the EDC so ya never know. Prediction: 7-1 South.

Wow was I wrong about RR but I was right w/ South.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey1010 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Decent game last night between GFC and RR. Central could not finish any scoring chances and too many undisciplined penalties....RR generated a few chances through some hard work.

Series is 1-1...now they potentially will meet in Regionals for the right to move on!
hockey1010

Postby FSHBruins10 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Spoiler92 wrote:I went to the South-GPR game at the UP and it was close except a 2-3 minute stretch that South piled on the goals, and on the goalies and knocked out Monsebroten. They actually did knock him out. He was knocked out cold and was then taken out of the game. The Bruins crashed the net very hard many times, and the net was off its moorings quite a few times. Things will change up in G-Town and the Spoilers may not win but I see it a 1-2 goal game at the most, either way.

Spoiler92

nice analysis, but 4-1 :wink:
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC