20%
Grand Forks Central
80%

Total votes : 10

Game of the Week (8) - Grafton-PR at Grand Forks Central

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Game of the Week - Week 8

Final Result:
2 -- [#4] Grafton / Park River Spoilers (4-2) at [#2] Grand Forks Central Knights (4-1) -- 5
(Bracket rankings and stats represent EDC showing as of 1/11/09)

The Spoilers come out to play the Knights at the Purpur arena on Tuesday for a match up that could quickly stir up the EDC second through fourth seed this week. The Spoilers are coming off a tough 3-2 overtime loss to the Roughriders in Grafton on Saturday night. The defending state champion Spoilers are looking to rewrite this season with a win over the second ranked Knights. Grafton will need to look toward a strong showing by their powerful first line as well as their defensive core to keep the balanced Knights out of their zone.

The Knights come into this game after beating the Roughriders (who've just beaten Grafton) 7-4, coming back from a 2 goal deficit and going up 5-4 with only a small amount of time to spare in the game. The Knights buried two more goals on the empty net to put it out of reach. The Knights have been on the uphill after a disappointing showing at the Stadstad Classic and a loss to Fargo South shortly before that, and look to maintain their standing in the EDC. The Knights rely on a balanced showing by their first three lines to counter the strong Spoiler attack.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Re: Game of the Week (8) - Grafton-PR at Grand Forks Central

Postby central hockey fan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 pm

I have to think that GFC will be able to dominate a Grafton team that relies way to heavily on one line. My prediction is you will see some scoring in this game from all the lines and it won't be as close as some may think. The Knights are for real and they are coming together nicely as a team on and off the ice.

GFC 5, GPR 2.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 pm

I'd have to agree that Central will come out on top in this one, but it depends on how Central jumps on Grafton, or vice versa. Grafton has a stellar first line, whereas Central is moreover balanced. Grafton's first line will be capable of generating some quality offense, but their second line will struggle on offense and their third line (which is generally the line used for rest) may get scored on. It's difficult for a team with Grafton's split skill to maintain pressure throughout a game, and it could cost them games in the end of this season as it has before.

5-2 is a reasonable score, but I don't know if it'll necessarily be a 'domination' by Central unless they get a few early.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 pm

central hockey fan wrote:GFC 5, GPR 2.

Nice call, like I said. :lol:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby central hockey fan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:

I need to go to Vegas :)
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

central hockey fan wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

I need to go to Vegas :)

You got lucky :lol: :P
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Empty netter saved him. :lol:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Well, the harder I post the luckier I get.....or something like that.

Did you guys see that Central completely dominated EGF? Man what a great team effort! The rest of the state may want to pay attention, Central just got through a critical 4 game stretch: EGF, RR, GPR, EGF and came out 4-0. The team is really coming together nicely with some very balanced scoring and solid D. Now that Seth Lang is back and healthy, we are ready for the stretch run.

GO KNIGHTS
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:19 pm

central hockey fan wrote:Well, the harder I post the luckier I get.....or something like that.

Did you guys see that Central completely dominated EGF? Man what a great team effort! The rest of the state may want to pay attention, Central just got through a critical 4 game stretch: EGF, RR, GPR, EGF and came out 4-0. The team is really coming together nicely with some very balanced scoring and solid D. Now that Seth Lang is back and healthy, we are ready for the stretch run.

GO KNIGHTS

Congrats to G.F. Central. You are correct that they seem to be coming together, but, I wouldn't say that beating East Grand Forks 2 times in a 4-game stretch was critical. East Grand Forks is not as strong as they have been in the past, but beating G.F.R.R. and G-PR definitely deserves some credit. At this point, they still have to be considered a solid #2 in the east as they have yet to beat Fargo South.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby central hockey fan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
central hockey fan wrote:Well, the harder I post the luckier I get.....or something like that.

GO KNIGHTS

Congrats to G.F. Central. You are correct that they seem to be coming together, but, I wouldn't say that beating East Grand Forks 2 times in a 4-game stretch was critical. East Grand Forks is not as strong as they have been in the past, but beating G.F.R.R. and G-PR definitely deserves some credit. At this point, they still have to be considered a solid #2 in the east as they have yet to beat Fargo South.

I sure didn't mean to say that just beating EGF was critical. I guess it was the way in which they did it. Also, coming out of a tough holiday tourney, it was critical that the team bounced back and played well....as a team. If their strength is their depth, then they have to use it correctly and they have been, lets hope it continues.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey123 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:38 pm

how do you think the rest of the following games will go for GFC? more wins or losses to end the season?
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:54 pm

I see GFC losing two more games this year. South and Warroad. Maybe a third loss to GPR or RR.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Timmay07 wrote:I see GFC losing two more games this year. South and Warroad. Maybe a third loss to GPR or RR.

GFC will beat South in the last game of the season (yeah yeah, I know you South fans will disagree). They won't lose to GPR or RR. Warroad will be a tough game. If it were in Warroad, I would give the nod to the Warriors.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby king1869 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Timmay07 wrote:I see GFC losing two more games this year. South and Warroad. Maybe a third loss to GPR or RR.

GFC will beat South in the last game of the season (yeah yeah, I know you South fans will disagree). They won't lose to GPR or RR. Warroad will be a tough game. If it were in Warroad, I would give the nod to the Warriors.

Ya they might beat them if they dont play there starters maybe... if south rolls the edc table and cliches 1st why would they play the startes.. and if you dont remember up in GF they lost to south with out 2 players that are on the 1st and 2nd line.. my opinion though
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 am

3-1 RR :D
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Timmay07 wrote:

3-1 RR :D

Yeah, I know I was there, and RR played a great defensive game. I have said earlier that RR can beat any team in the state at any time and they proved it last night. Central has had several line changes that have effected chemistry and they continue to run 7 defensemen.....this just baffles me. The year isn't over yet but GFC and its coaching staff need to get it figured out soon. Oh, Seth Lang looked very solid in net. Without him it could have been worse.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC