Jason Stadstad HolidayClassic

Teams of the East

Jason Stadstad HolidayClassic

Postby central hockey fan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Please submit any predictions and discussion here.

I think GFC will win 2 games (Roseau and Blaine) and lose to Jefferson. GFC coming off an impressive team effort against WF will ride the wave into the tourney. Roseau is ripe for the picking after a 5-0 loss to Moorhead.

GPR will possibly will one game. The way they run a short bench can sometimes be a liability in the tournament system.

RR will struggle but may win one or two games. I just can't figure this team out so until they prove themselves.... they have solid forwards and need to gain some experience on the blue line.

Teams participating:

Blaine, RR, GFC, GPR, Bloomington Jefferson, Roseau
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Re: Jason Stadstad HolidayClassic

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:05 pm

I see GFC and Grafton having a shot at a downed Roseau team, and their relatively short bench. However, I think Blaine and Bloomington Jefferson may prove too much for any of the other teams in this tournament. This will only make GFC, Grafton and RR stronger though, regardless of a win or a loss.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Timmay07 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 pm

I think if Roseau gets back Oliver and Erickson for this Holiday Classic, then i think it will be a Minnesota sweep
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:05 am

central hockey fan wrote:Please submit any predictions and discussion here.

I think GFC will win 2 games (Roseau and Blaine) and lose to Jefferson. GFC coming off an impressive team effort against WF will ride the wave into the tourney. Roseau is ripe for the picking after a 5-0 loss to Moorhead.

GPR will possibly will one game. The way they run a short bench can sometimes be a liability in the tournament system.

RR will struggle but may win one or two games. I just can't figure this team out so until they prove themselves.... they have solid forwards and need to gain some experience on the blue line.

Teams participating:

Blaine, RR, GFC, GPR, Bloomington Jefferson, Roseau

Well, I'm wrong so far. It may very well be a MN sweep. The GFC game last night was a bummer.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Timmay07 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:46 am

The Bloomington Jefferson zone sure had shiny ice throughout the game.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Timmay07 wrote:The Bloomington Jefferson zone sure had shiny ice throughout the game.

Yeah yeah, they thumped GFC pretty good. Not to often that happens. Now I know how W/B fans feel.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Timmay07 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Bloomington Jefferson was fun to watch! still not as good as last years Hill Murray Championship team.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Timmay07 wrote:Bloomington Jefferson was fun to watch! still not as good as last years Hill Murray Championship team.

I have a good feeling you'll be seeing Bloomington Jefferson in March either way.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby central hockey fan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:26 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Timmay07 wrote:Bloomington Jefferson was fun to watch! still not as good as last years Hill Murray Championship team.

I have a good feeling you'll be seeing Bloomington Jefferson in March either way.

I would say if they play the way they did against GFC, they will be very difficult to beat. I have watched a lot of hockey in my days and I have seldom seen a high school team with both the physical and offensive skill set that Bloomington had that night. It's hardly fair.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Timmay07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Pretty lame stadstad classic next year team wise
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC