Any opinions on the Shanley @ GFRR game?

Teams of the East

Any opinions on the Shanley @ GFRR game?

Postby hockeyman10 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 pm

On Thursday, December 11, the deacons traveled to GFRR to play a game that no one thought would be close at all. Though the riders scored only one goal in the first it definately was dominated by Red River. But the second was a lot more even. There were no goals scored and there wasn't a lot of play in the deacon's zone. The third was definately won by the deacons even though red river scored by kicking the puck in. Every one who saw the goal knows it shouldn't have been counted. The final score was 2-0 but it was really a 1-0 game and the deacons had a lot of chances to tie the game or even win. The point is that the shanley deacons who last year played Whap. in the play-in game nearly beat one of the best teams in the state and i don't think it was just luck.
Are the deacons better than everyone thinks?
hockeyman10
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Any opinions on the Shanley @ GFRR game?

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Were you at the game? That goal wasnt kicked in. Im a big homer but believe me, i Was there and always stand behind the goalies RR or GFC shoots on and that goal WAS NOT kicked in. But yes, shanley played a really good game and I dont expect them to be in the play in game this year.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:18 pm

The goal definatly kicked in...I saw the puck go straight off the players skate...he may not have made a "kicking motion", but it was kicked in.
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 am

Favre#1 wrote:The goal definatly kicked in...I saw the puck go straight off the players skate...he may not have made a "kicking motion", but it was kicked in.

So if he did not make a "kicking motion", he did not kick it in. That would be called redirected in, and is not against the rules.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Knight55 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:03 am

Well first off that was a goal and obviously the opposing team will argue, when they do know it is a goal. I don't really think this game was that "even" like is being said. I was there and I would say the scoring chances were about 15 to 3 in RR favor and Shanley really didn't produce offense. RR had about 5 breakaways and they all did the same move, shoot, except for the one they scored. But, I do think Shanley had a great game, problem is RR had one of those games that you just don't get anything going. You could tell they were getting frustrated. RR had a much better chance of making that 6 to 0 than Shanley had of even making that game 2 to 1. So far Shanley has proven to me that that was a fluke. They have only beaten Dickinson and Jamestown and have lost to Hazen, Central (11-1), and Devils Lake.....I just don't see how it wasn't a fluke after losing to teams like that....I mean they have every chance to prove me wrong but I haven't truly seen it yet.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyman10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 am

I totally disagree because there were players from red river that said the goal shouldn't have counted. The scoring chances were a lot more even to, and the deacon's losses this year; well they would be 4-2 if they could stay out of the box because hazen scored all but one goal on the powerplay and devils lake scored most of their goals on the powerplay to.
hockeyman10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Hockeyman, at least shanley graduated their big hot head from last year. He was always talking about how good they were. O wait wasn't that Knight55??? Seems that you have changed your mind about how you feel about them. Maybe because while your were there you couldn't hold Red River under 10 goals?? Don't be sour towards a team that played a good game. Shanley worked hard against Red River and never gave up, give them the credit they deserve.
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Sounds like a case of one team playing below their ability and another playing above their ability. That's why I love high school and college hockey. They are kids and anything can happen.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyman10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Favre#1 i totally agree with you. It seems like since that player who could barely fit his head through the door last year has left the deacons have been playing better and he's probably a little jealous that they are playing better than they did when he was playing for them.
hockeyman10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Knight55 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Yup you guys got me I'm soooo dang bitter.....obviously hockeyman and Favre play for the Deacons that is apparent...it is apparent i played for them too....and im not bitter im just telling it how it is...i never thought we were good....i love hated playing hockey for a team that never even had a shot to get to state...Shanley has not proven a dang thing yet this year...you can say they would have won if they would stay out of the box...then guess what...STAY OUT OF THE love BOX!!!!!! Thats part of hockey, do it then!!!! This is what happens every year...Shanley has one good game against a good team and then they get a big head and lose to teams that are much worse....I want them to do good but as a neutral party perspective that was not a close battled game, just the score. And yes, i was standing right behind that net and it was a goal he did not intentially kick the puck in it was redirected.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 pm

gfhockey wrote:Were you at the game? That goal wasnt kicked in. Im a big homer but believe me, i Was there and always stand behind the goalies RR or GFC shoots on and that goal WAS NOT kicked in. But yes, shanley played a really good game and I dont expect them to be in the play in game this year.

i was at the game on the end the goal was scored and it was 100% deflected in
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:18 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:Were you at the game? That goal wasnt kicked in. Im a big homer but believe me, i Was there and always stand behind the goalies RR or GFC shoots on and that goal WAS NOT kicked in. But yes, shanley played a really good game and I dont expect them to be in the play in game this year.

i was at the game on the end the goal was scored and it was 100% deflected in

"If an attacking player kicks the puck and the puck goes directly into the goal or is deflected into the goal by any player, including the goalkeeper, a goal shall not be allowed."- Rule 614
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeymaster » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 pm

hopefully they graduate that hot head goalie from this year. i believe hes a junior. idk if i can put up with another year of his flamin head.
hockeymaster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:31 pm

ive heard from others of many problems with him during practice having kinda a "hot" head. ive heard if he didnt have such a big head on his shoulders allot more people would like him
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC