Central V. Minot

Teams of the East

Central V. Minot

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Well, we out shot Minot almost 2 to 1 but had a heck of a time putting the puck away. Minot is a solid defensive team and their goalie was solid. We put the puck in his bread basket a lot and hit some posts. The line of Moody, Purpur, and Hatt came up with 2 goals and Pluto came up with a great goal. I have to say that Central will be in trouble against some EDC teams if they can't make the most of their opportunities. All in all our defense played solid. They will be the backbone of the team. Fuller was in goal but only saw about 16 shots. Hard to evaluate him on that. Bottom line, we won an ugly one. Hope we can come away with some lessons learned.

Play of the game:

Purper to Moody who walked out and hit Hatt on the doorstep to tie the game.

Player of the game:

Tie, Purpur: goal and an assist, Moody: 2 assists

Unsung hero(s) of the game:

The defense especially Ray and Chicky, they moved the puck well and limited Minot's chances.

Hit of the game: Chicky, he stood a guy up at the blue line quite nicely

Random observation: Aamot should always always be on the penalty kill
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Re: Central V. Minot

Postby hockey123 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:10 pm

ya the game was close. but what i noticed was the D core, some D played well and some didnt. cieklinski ray and nelson not bad to me when watching looked like spicer likes to play a bit to much forward and lost it about evreytime he tried to rush it. ladue seems a little to slow for the game not yet experenced. along with dizwulski did not impress me at all from what i heard is that he was lucky that okeefe got hurt or he would have got cut. he seemd to panic alot and looked like he loved to throw the puck alot. im guessing if okeefe makes a good comeback dizwulski will be spending quite a few games in the stands this year.
forwards looked good to that line of purpur moody hatt looked good, spicer plutowski play well together gust and amott good penelty killers amott is one fast kid. fuller didnt play bad either gols wernt his fault.
aslong as bina plays his cards right they central well win many games aslong as he keeps his forwards undercontroll and plays the right defense man i bet they could only roll 5 d if they had to with cieklinski ray nelson spicer and ladue as long as they keep spicer back and get ladues experience up a bit.
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Central V. Minot

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:08 am

The question is will Bina play his cards right?
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC