GFC v. Shanley

Teams of the East

GFC v. Shanley

Postby central hockey fan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:22 am

Well, I just got back from the Urban Plains Center where I watched the Knights demolish Shanley. The final tally was 10-1. Here are some observations:

Is Shanley that bad or is GFC that good? Who knows, it's way to early.

GFC is deep, Justin Moody scored a hat trick and he's on the third line.

Seth Lang had another solid performance in net. Yes, he didn't see a whole lot of shots but he did have to come up big on several occasions. The only goal that was let in was a bang bang play that came about because of a silly turnover (both goals so far this year that he has let in have happened this way).

If Central comes to play every night, they will definitely be competitive.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Re: GFC v. Shanley

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:54 am

central hockey fan wrote:Well, I just got back from the Urban Plains Center where I watched the Knights demolish Shanley. The final tally was 10-1. Here are some observations:

Is Shanley that bad or is GFC that good? Who knows, it's way to early.

GFC is deep, Justin Moody scored a hat trick and he's on the third line.

Seth Lang had another solid performance in net. Yes, he didn't see a whole lot of shots but he did have to come up big on several occasions. The only goal that was let in was a bang bang play that came about because of a silly turnover (both goals so far this year that he has let in have happened this way).

If Central comes to play every night, they will definitely be competitive.

First off, score was 11-1. Paper has Moody with 2 goals, it is quite possible that it is incorrect. But, we are talking about Shanley here, have they made it out of the play-in game for EDC yet? Not like they played Red River, South, Grafton.... Both goals? Give up on the jamboree, that doesn't count. Central 1-0, Shanley 0-1. Central appears to have a balanced attack with multiple players scoring goals.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby central hockey fan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:07 am

First off, "both goals" is in reference to the one goal that Seth Lang let in during the Jamboree plus the one goal that was let in last night. Second, the Herald wasn't wrong, the referees got it wrong. Justin Moody recieved a perfect pass from Jordy Aamot and the refs said it backwards. Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. If you go to the game, you can do the same.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:10 am

Further, I don't think they put up any goals after 10 so it was hard to tell what the final score was.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:22 pm

central hockey fan wrote:First off, "both goals" is in reference to the one goal that Seth Lang let in during the Jamboree plus the one goal that was let in last night. Second, the Herald wasn't wrong, the referees got it wrong. Justin Moody recieved a perfect pass from Jordy Aamot and the refs said it backwards. Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. If you go to the game, you can do the same.

Like I said, who cares about the jamboree. It doesn't count, nor does it ever matter how anyone did in the jamboree. Congrats on your win last night though. I do believe GFC will be a strong team. I'm going to call it the way the ref's report it. That's the way it is recorded and the way it stands.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Favre#1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Lang came up big in several situations???????Shanley didn't have one quality shot last night. They scored on a scrum in front of the net...it wasn't bang bang...10 of shanley's shots were dump in's...come on now central didnt even need a goalie last night
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Well, I am going to respectfully disagree w/ Favre#1, there were some quality attempts. But I do agree that we could have won the game without a goalie. That is a sad fact. Some would argue that as a goalie it's more of a challenge to stay focused when you don't see a more shots.

Secondly, on the Justin Moody hat trick, it was corrected in the WDAZ news report that evening. Honestly, who cares anyway. It's way to early to make any suggestions but I am hopeful. I will say that if Central can stay healthy, they may be a great story this year.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Knight55 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:41 pm

First off the score was 11 to 1.....5 of Centrals goals were scored in the first 2 minutes of every period. From what i saw, central moved the puck very well and Central had a depth that is tough to find in high school hockey with 3 solid lines. Shanley lacks that depth and doesn't have a very strong offense. They lack some size and speed and don't really have any go to goal scorers this season. I think Central could have won that game by 20 if they buried some opportunities or if they really wanted to. Now the big question, I do think that Central will be a contender for the state championship this year. Shanley on the other hand will need to win in games they have a chance in to stay out of that play in game.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 14>35 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:31 pm

everyone knows central is going to be good theres no need to discuss it. they are returning basically their whole team from last year. its not a secret...

the only question mark is that they are young and can they handle pressure
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:46 pm

14>35 wrote:everyone knows central is going to be good theres no need to discuss it. they are returning basically their whole team from last year. its not a secret...

the only question mark is that they are young and can they handle pressure

What are these sites for if we don't discuss things?
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:35 pm

He was simply using it as an expression. I think we all know that GFC is going to be a competitor this year, and I expect them to show us some quality hockey in the next 3 months.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby central hockey fan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:28 am

HockeyHigh wrote:He was simply using it as an expression. I think we all know that GFC is going to be a competitor this year, and I expect them to show us some quality hockey in the next 3 months.

OK, I get that, but I am going to report on Central hockey all year. I will be at all the games so that is what I'm going to bring to this site.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:05 pm

central hockey fan wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:He was simply using it as an expression. I think we all know that GFC is going to be a competitor this year, and I expect them to show us some quality hockey in the next 3 months.

OK, I get that, but I am going to report on Central hockey all year. I will be at all the games so that is what I'm going to bring to this site.

you should change your name to central_hockey_player.

Just kidding! :lol:
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby central hockey fan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:12 pm

I'm definitely not a player, I can't skate to save my life!
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GatorFan15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 am

i was at the shanley game and shanley played with them for the first period and a half..couldve won but alot of easy goals were let in.
GatorFan15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby heisman10 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:32 pm

i think central hockey fan is treating central hockey players and the team like gods....yeah they've won some games. but they havent played any good edc talent yet. i think your blowing them up a little too much at this point....
heisman10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:11 am

heisman10 wrote:i think central hockey fan is treating central hockey players and the team like gods....yeah they've won some games. but they havent played any good edc talent yet. i think your blowing them up a little too much at this point....

We'll see how all the teams fair in the next few weeks here. South and Central meet next Saturday. South is looking strong.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Knight55 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:24 am

GatorFan15 wrote:i was at the shanley game and shanley played with them for the first period and a half..couldve won but alot of easy goals were let in.

Uh....were we at the same game? Because I'm pretty sure the second that Central scored that first goal (about less than a minute in) Shanley stood no chance. If Shanley would have scored on every shot they would have won 14 to 11. Central had 62 shots on goal....the shots were 62 to 14 and you can honestly say that Shanley was in that game? For the last period and a half Central skated around and passed the puck and didn't even try to put the puck in the net. They could have put in 20 if they really wanted to. Shanley lacks defense and Central has great offense...Can I ask you how they played with them at all?!?!?!
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Knight55 wrote:
GatorFan15 wrote:i was at the shanley game and shanley played with them for the first period and a half..couldve won but alot of easy goals were let in.

Uh....were we at the same game? Because I'm pretty sure the second that Central scored that first goal (about less than a minute in) Shanley stood no chance. If Shanley would have scored on every shot they would have won 14 to 11. Central had 62 shots on goal....the shots were 62 to 14 and you can honestly say that Shanley was in that game? For the last period and a half Central skated around and passed the puck and didn't even try to put the puck in the net. They could have put in 20 if they really wanted to. Shanley lacks defense and Central has great offense...Can I ask you how they played with them at all?!?!?!

I am going to have to agree with you. Shanley had no chance from the start. You just cant over come the shot diference there was. however the shots were not that different. Shanley had atleast 22 shots
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC