EDC (2008-2009 Location)

Teams of the East

EDC (2008-2009 Location)

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Apparently on the scheduling for the teams on viewmyschedule.com, the EDC will be played in the Ralph Englestad Arena. I don't see how this is any cheaper or more reasonable than the UP Center, but I guess they had to pitch something better than the Purpur to make anyone happy with the choice to keep it in GF.
So, is the listing of having EDC In the REA true or not?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Re: EDC (2008-2009 Location)

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:16 am

AT LEAST EDC should be in Fargo at the UP Center. It is a GREAT PLACE to watch high school hockey and it can definitely fill UP the place to full capacity where REA can't have that happen, or wont ever have that. Plus, the student sections are the best...right in the corner spread across near the goal.
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:40 am

FSHBruins10 wrote:AT LEAST EDC should be in Fargo at the UP Center. It is a GREAT PLACE to watch high school hockey and it can definitely fill UP the place to full capacity where REA can't have that happen, or wont ever have that. Plus, the student sections are the best...right in the corner spread across near the goal.

I actually dislike the student sections behind the goals. It ruins the view of the ice (stood there for a Force game) and can get boring when your team is on the same side and the action is one way. It's much better having the student section where White Bear Lake had theirs today.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
I actually dislike the student sections behind the goals. It ruins the view of the ice (stood there for a Force game) and can get boring when your team is on the same side and the action is one way. It's much better having the student section where White Bear Lake had theirs today.

well we enjoy it a bit, and its better for the parents too so we dont block their view at all if they sit above us. plus, ripping on the goalie when he comes to our side is great fun
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:56 am

EDC will be hosted at the Ralph Engelstad Arena this year and the UP for the following years.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Return to EDC