who are best sophmores for the 08/09 season?

Teams of the East

who are best sophmores for the 08/09 season?

Postby the freak » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:55 pm

who are the best sopmores coming up for the 08/09 season?
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Re: who are best sophmores for the 08/09 season?

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:35 pm

kuslar and kovar in the west and purpur and all the other central kids who were fresh last year a talented group
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby the freak » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:06 pm

ur rught those central players were pretty good last year
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:18 am

brownbomber wrote:kuslar and kovar in the west and purpur and all the other central kids who were fresh last year a talented group

i would agree purpur is one heck of a hockey player he definatly has some talent but as for those other 2 i dont know what you are thinking cause there is many underclassmen better than them in the west
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocinco » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Tate aronson, John Traynor and beau erikkson the took second in the bantam A1 state tourney last year for devils lake they could be contendors
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:09 pm

unocinco wrote:Tate aronson, John Traynor and beau erikkson the took second in the bantam A1 state tourney last year for devils lake they could be contendors

bantams and high school are like night and day bud
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:10 pm

sportsallday wrote:
brownbomber wrote:kuslar and kovar in the west and purpur and all the other central kids who were fresh last year a talented group

i would agree purpur is one heck of a hockey player he definatly has some talent but as for those other 2 i dont know what you are thinking cause there is many underclassmen better than them in the west

one of those kids if not both of them have gone to the festival the last couple years and have been big point getters for their team
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:20 pm

brownbomber wrote:
unocinco wrote:Tate aronson, John Traynor and beau erikkson the took second in the bantam A1 state tourney last year for devils lake they could be contendors

bantams and high school are like night and day bud

Brown is right on this, players make a huge leap from Bantams to High School. Varsity is a completely different game than Bantams is. It's pretty rare, and shows a lot of skill and/or work ethic in a player to be able to go from Bantams to playing and competing on one of the top programs in the state as a sophomore. Central doesn't have many upperclassmen, but their players seemed to deal with it pretty well last year, maybe taking advantage of being underrated most of the year due to their age. However, with most large schools like RR and FS, you will rarely see underclassmen, because their upperclassmen are on a completely different level. It's the advantage of having that larger school district, a good amount of the 'bad apples' are taken out of the picture.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Watch for Alan Zahui of Red River. He is a stud and will blow your mind off if you get a chance to watch him.
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 pm

PeopleRTalkin wrote:Watch for Alan Zahui of Red River. He is a stud and will blow your mind off if you get a chance to watch him.

It's hard to believe that he will blow anyone's mind off. Sophomores can do well, but the fact is that Bantams to High School Varsity is one of the largest transitions a player will make during hockey. Once the better teams in ND start rolling (as RR is a top tier team in ND, even if they aren't ranked as high as they usually are), we usually crank out a few teams that rank high nationally. (Red River and Grafton were in the top 25) A tribute to our state, this is actually pretty common, and is very impressive considering the population of our state. This makes it even more difficult for a sophomore to stand out, unless he's put on a line with top of the line players that put them in the situations to shine. Crary got this playing with RR's first line, as did Powers when he was with Weisgarber and the rest of the South team that year.
Not taking anything away from him, but don't talk players up too much when they haven't ever played varsity hockey, they may not meet your expectation, especially before the season even begins. That's the main reason this thread is so short at this point.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby the freak » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:14 pm

This topic is to name the best sophmores not to name kids that r the best in the state just in there class
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ellen » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:20 am

i think peopleRtalkin is right... alan is a stud... he makes plays
ellen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby redwings4life » Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Purper disapointed me this year. i though for sure that he was going to stand out more for central, truth is that i did not even notice him out there. that little Ammot(sp.) kid is one fast cookie ill tell you that
redwings4life
NDPreps Rookie

Postby P4KNBD » Fri May 22, 2009 8:17 am

Zahui from red river didnt impress me too much this year. he is solid but he doesnt "blow your mind away". that being said he was playing on a talented team. he has a hard shot and will only get better. for the 09/10 season i am going to pick casey fugleburg from red river for the best sophomores. he was varsity last year and scored many points. he was on red rivers second line that dominated the first two games at state and along with meland kept red river in the tournament.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC