Best in 08/09?

Teams of the East

Re: Best in 08/09?

Postby 12345 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 pm

The whap , hazen comment is a bit of a stretch haha but i do agree you cant blame a loss on a team not playing to there full potential its just an easy excuse for the losing team
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:53 pm

A lot of small things make up the big picture of an entire game. If a team fails to prepare, it's not an excuse, it means you have a poor team. A good team should always be ready to play, a great team will always be ready to play, whether it's against the top ranked team in the nation, or some Bantam B team from South Dakota.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 pm

so if a team has bad game that means there a poor team...how can you say that when after losing the 1st time to central they cant come prepared for the 2nd game either? Im not saying they didnt cuz they both ent into over time but still
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:00 pm

hockeyguy wrote:so if a team has bad game that means there a poor team...how can you say that when after losing the 1st time to central they cant come prepared for the 2nd game either? Im not saying they didnt cuz they both ent into over time but still

If you discontinue reading my post after something you don't like to read, you won't get my point, and you'll misinterpret what I'm trying to get across.
Read:
A good team should always be ready to play, a great team will always be ready to play, whether it's against the top ranked team in the nation, or some Bantam B team from South Dakota.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:28 pm

alright well we will have to wit till season starts but my vote goes to central to win it all
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockeyrules » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:10 am

I totally agree with Hockeyguy, as GF Central will be very solid this year. The experience from the underclassmen - Purpur, Ammot, Gust , along with 2 returning Defenseman playing this Fall in the Elite League - Cieklinski & Ray, and a couple of solid Senior Forwards - Spicer & Plutowski will make this team tough to beat. Grafton will definitely feel the loss of Demers, and RR will need some help on Defense, while South will be very good also.

Here's my ranking.

1 GF Central
2 Fargo South
3 Grafton
4 RR
5 Fargo North
gfhockeyrules
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:34 pm

I'll respectfully disagree with you Grand Forks guys. Can't really say none of us may be biased though, since I live in Fargo.

I just don't believe that Central will be able to match the tenacity of South's senior led defense and top two forward lines. I think Central will be stronger in the 2010 season than they will be this season.
I do agree with RR and Grafton having some growing pains next year. GPR will have to adapt to losing this best forward and leader, while RR has lost 14/20 of their players, as well as their goalie.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockeyrules » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Obviously you are from Fargo? So we do agree on the RR and Grafton - but can you tell me what "2 top Lines from Fargo South" are significantly better than GFC? Spicer, Plutowski, Purpur, Gust, Aamot, Hatt. Also, I would take Ray and Cieklinski against Narveson & Burdick anytime, not too mention the younger Spicer and a couple other upcoming Defenseman. It will definitely be an interesting year, and the top 2 spots in EDC will be huge.
gfhockeyrules
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey123 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:02 pm

i think central will be good but how productive will spicer and plutowski be? do you think that they can have a better year then last year honestly with their attitudes? and from what i have watched with danny ray he gets caught alot when he pinches. i saw alot of goals scored on him when he was out there.
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:35 pm

gfhockeyrules wrote:Obviously you are from Fargo? So we do agree on the RR and Grafton - but can you tell me what "2 top Lines from Fargo South" are significantly better than GFC? Spicer, Plutowski, Purpur, Gust, Aamot, Hatt. Also, I would take Ray and Cieklinski against Narveson & Burdick anytime, not too mention the younger Spicer and a couple other upcoming Defenseman. It will definitely be an interesting year, and the top 2 spots in EDC will be huge.

I never said their forward lines were significantly better than anyone from GFC, I just said that their top two forward lines are competitive. Their defenseman, I will say, are deeper than GFC's. Like you said yourself, they're upcoming, even though they have some good talent coming this year, I think they'll shine more in 2010.

Either way, it's going to be a fight between 3 teams, Grafton, GFC, and South. How it turns out is up to the teams.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:31 pm

so with spicer and plutowskis additudes how productive will they both be?
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyguy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:20 pm

haha ok hockey123 for 1 u must not watch danny ray play a whole lot because he doesnt pinch a lot so if ur gunna hate on a player u should probably know what ur talking about and 2 plutowski and spicer will do fine
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:25 pm

I don't really know what you mean by attitude, but if you mean in that they're pretty aggressive, you could be right. Each of those players do have 13 penalties, roughly one penalty every other game. It's not a good quality of a player to being that, but it's not as bad as some players getting 15-20 penalties a year, and are hindering your team and putting them on defense at least 2 minutes per game.
If you're talking about being egotistical, many hockey players are. A big ego and a lot of confidence is a large part of hockey, you can't go into games acting like the competition is better than you. However, being too cocky can also harm your team. They did just fine last year, and I'm sure they'll do so this year too. This time they won't be overlooked, though.
I'm assuming hockeyguy123 is from Red River, and Hockeyguy is from Central. You guys should name yourselves after your teams, it'd make this easier. :)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 pm

No attacks here... dont wanna start moderating already and the season hasnt begun yet.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 pm

No love for DL this year? i know they lost a lot of last years top players but they have alot of kids coming out to play this year. they may not be a state quality team but they will challenge a lot of teams and could be a cinderella story this year.
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:28 pm

PeopleRTalkin wrote:they may not be a state quality team

That's basically summing up why there isn't much talk about them. They've lost a lot of their strengths, especially after losing Groves.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:04 pm

Well guys, I'm new to this site but here is my humble opinion:

I have been watching this particular group of kids at Central since they were very young and we definitely have the talent to win it all this year. If we do or not depends on how well the team is coached and if they come together and actually play as a team. I know some names have been mentioned in this thread but I think you forgot a couple that may be very important to the teams success. Justin Moody is a very good all around player that can hit with the best of em and is a natural playmaker. He leaves it all on the ice. Another is Seth Lang, he was very hot at the end of last year and should only get better this year. Further, Jordan Aamot is one of if not the best penalty killers in the state, maybe the whole region. That kid is as quick as anyone I have seen play (Peter Orsen is close).

Another thought, I watched a game this summer between the Elite 91 team and the Elite 92 team and noticed approx 11 players on the ice that will be playing at Central this year. With that kind of talent comes high expectations.

Our defense will be as deep as anyones. Even with the minor setback of losing Bryce Anderson to RR and Jeremy O'Keefe to an injury (he won't be out too long) we still have a great defensive corp. Danny Ray, Luke Ciekelinski (I've known the kid forever and still have no idea how to spell his name) David Nelson, Paul Ladue, Brett Dziwulski will all be great on the blue line.

Yes, the seniors need to step up and lead this group to be successful. Tanner Spicer and Jake Plutowski must put the team first but they are both great kids so I expect they will.

I know this seems biased. South has a lot of potential and GPR may not blink because of the loss of Chad DeMers. I know Jay Haugland and he will get the most out of his kids like he always does. Don't forget they still have Mohagen (sorry, don't know the spelling, he moves to fast to read his jersey), Gaustad and Cody Boyle will fill in nicely. My sleeper team is North, those guys are always coached well.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, I always try to keep it positive, these are just kids ya know!
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Sorry, I knew I would forget a defenseman, Dalton Spicer, I love this kids attitude. Old school Central hockey baby! He doesn't and never will back down from anyone!
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 pm

hockey123 wrote:so with spicer and plutowskis additudes how productive will they both be?

They are both good hockey players and I haven't heard anything about bad attitudes.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:36 pm

central hockey fan wrote:Well guys, I'm new to this site but here is my humble opinion:

I have been watching this particular group of kids at Central since they were very young and we definitely have the talent to win it all this year. If we do or not depends on how well the team is coached and if they come together and actually play as a team. I know some names have been mentioned in this thread but I think you forgot a couple that may be very important to the teams success. Justin Moody is a very good all around player that can hit with the best of em and is a natural playmaker. He leaves it all on the ice. Another is Seth Lang, he was very hot at the end of last year and should only get better this year. Further, Jordan Aamot is one of if not the best penalty killers in the state, maybe the whole region. That kid is as quick as anyone I have seen play (Peter Orsen is close).

Another thought, I watched a game this summer between the Elite 91 team and the Elite 92 team and noticed approx 11 players on the ice that will be playing at Central this year. With that kind of talent comes high expectations.

Our defense will be as deep as anyones. Even with the minor setback of losing Bryce Anderson to RR and Jeremy O'Keefe to an injury (he won't be out too long) we still have a great defensive corp. Danny Ray, Luke Ciekelinski (I've known the kid forever and still have no idea how to spell his name) David Nelson, Paul Ladue, Brett Dziwulski will all be great on the blue line.

Yes, the seniors need to step up and lead this group to be successful. Tanner Spicer and Jake Plutowski must put the team first but they are both great kids so I expect they will.

I know this seems biased. South has a lot of potential and GPR may not blink because of the loss of Chad DeMers. I know Jay Haugland and he will get the most out of his kids like he always does. Don't forget they still have Mohagen (sorry, don't know the spelling, he moves to fast to read his jersey), Gaustad and Cody Boyle will fill in nicely. My sleeper team is North, those guys are always coached well.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, I always try to keep it positive, these are just kids ya know!

This is exactly why GFC will not win state this year. All the Grand Forks kids are all cocky. Its not going to happen just because of this post. Its going to haunt GFC this year.
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:54 pm

PeopleRTalkin wrote:
central hockey fan wrote:Well guys, I'm new to this site but here is my humble opinion:

This is exactly why GFC will not win state this year. All the Grand Forks kids are all cocky. Its not going to happen just because of this post. Its going to haunt GFC this year.

Please tell us how the GFC kids aren't going to win it all this season. They sure as heck aren't cocky.
So you can predict the future before it happens? Holy Cow...
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:53 am

Centralhockey_08 wrote:Please tell us how the GFC kids aren't going to win it all this season. They sure as heck aren't cocky.

Considering PeopleRTalkin is an advocate of Central hockey, I would say that he's got the right idea. Getting too high before a season even starts will make them lose a lot of confidence once teams like Grafton or South put a few goals on them. The season hasn't even started yet, which reminds me it starts this week. GL to all teams.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:18 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Centralhockey_08 wrote:Please tell us how the GFC kids aren't going to win it all this season. They sure as heck aren't cocky.

Considering PeopleRTalkin is an advocate of Central hockey, I would say that he's got the right idea. Getting too high before a season even starts will make them lose a lot of confidence once teams like Grafton or South put a few goals on them. The season hasn't even started yet, which reminds me it starts this week. GL to all teams.

So he is an advocate of Central Hockey some of us might be in the "know" and aren't seeing what he is seeing this so called cockiness. It isn't there. Maybe he should wait till the season is played and under way.
Last edited by Centralhockey_08 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Please tell me why you would think that Central's kids are cocky. They have been beat up the last two years. They aren't cocky, they're hungry. That post was my opinion. Not the kid's opinion. I guess I don't get why people get on these sites and bash the kids. These are great kids, and yes I am in the know. I have meet kids from most of the other teams in the state and they are for the most part great kids that sacrifice a lot to participate in this great sport.

Please make me understand why what I wrote equates to a character flaw in the athelets.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to EDC