Teams of the East

Re: State Tournament

Postby gfhockey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 pm

cmon guys... keep it fun. no need for fighting... i dont wanna lock this topic
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby shortstop » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:53 pm

The east teams are usually favored over west teams. They play better competition in league games and out of league games (Minnesota teams). Past performance in state tournaments usually brings this out. It's fun for people to hope every year that the west teams will compete well in the first round. Usually it doesn't happen. I have a gut feeling that Williston will give South a good run though.
In response to Unity77, what I was saying is, Bismarck will win two games at state this year, which would be pretty good for a west team. Getting second or third would mean they have to win two games.
shortstop

Postby Sportshound » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:53 pm

[quote="Sportshound"]Game #1
BHS over North 5-2

Game #2
GPR over Mandan 3-1

Game #3
GFRR over CHS 6-1

Game #4
South over williston 4-1

Well OK-- so the BHS vs North game I had was a little off--
Mandan played GPR to a 2 goal game-- that was a good one--even if Mandan couldn't find the back of the net, it was entertaining. I also thought Mandan played pretty good, considering.

GFRR over CHS-- had that pegged-- and they got a couple more than I thought. 8-2 win instead of 6-1...
South wins and I get that score exactly right.
thought though that South might get moving earlier. it seemed a little sluggish(mayeb the ice).
I noticed yesterday that all the teams sturggled to get their feet-- even BHS, and GFRR. Afetr each of the 1st periods though, the better teams showed up in all the games.

Good luck to the Semifinalists-- and to the consolation teams-- Have fun! I know I will have fun watching all the games again today!
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: State Tournament and updates

Postby peanut butter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Chad Demers is the man skated Grafton to the state title
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:32 pm

peanut butter wrote:Chad Demers is the man skated Grafton to the state title

Not impressed by his cheap shot on LaDoucer down by Red River's goal on the play where Arneson was injured.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:43 pm

when laducer looked like he got injured?? i think i no what ur talking about. those refs didnt call nothin yesterday.

what u guys think about gpr players bangng on the rr fans glass?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Cheap Shot?? Where??? I didn't see no cheap shot :) I just saw kids playing hard trying to make a play :)

(wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked) :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jefferson Clark » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:57 pm

If you were at the game you could clearly see Ladoucer was not forced over Arnason by anyone. He did come back the next shift as well. I was intrigued by Arnason's injury, that collision didnt look very bad to me. What about the red river students throwing trash at GPR's team while they were celebrating. Talk about classy.
Jefferson Clark

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:59 pm

they only threw trash cuz the gpr players banged on the glass. I got the game on dvr and u think ladcuer didnt get forced over??? well u shoudl come over here and watch it.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:34 pm

they were banging on the glass because everyone was trying to mob demers in the corner by the RR student section because he just scored the ot winner.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:59 pm

so they skated from the corner to the blue line... why?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:08 pm

because they were supposed too, to accept their trophy
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 pm

U dont accept ur trophy 30 seconds after u win the game lol. it smorelike 5-10 mins after the handshakes etc.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:23 pm

gfhockey wrote:they only threw trash cuz the gpr players banged on the glass. I got the game on dvr and u think ladcuer didnt get forced over??? well u shoudl come over here and watch it. i got the beer and the tv.

No I'm pretty sure I was at the state championship game a couple years ago when South beat Red River and there fans did the same thing in throwing garbage on the ice. I'm not gonna sit here and call Red River fans poor sports or anything like that but to say Grafton bumping the glass was the only reason they threw stuff on the ice, i don't agree with you.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:01 pm

ndfan wrote:Cheap Shot?? Where??? I didn't see no cheap shot :) I just saw kids playing hard trying to make a play :)

(wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked) :)

post.of.the.week.
rep

Postby DWeigs » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:17 pm

I went to the game and I feel like the officials did a great job. They let the kids play hockey! Congrats GPR and RR on an entertaining game!!
DWeigs

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 am

Jefferson Clark wrote:If you were at the game you could clearly see Ladoucer was not forced over Arnason by anyone. He did come back the next shift as well. I was intrigued by Arnason's injury, that collision didnt look very bad to me. What about the red river students throwing trash at GPR's team while they were celebrating. Talk about classy.

Ummmm.... I think Arnason had a little run in with the post and a certain area below the belt. :wink: Which would explain the look of "i feel like i am going to throw up" on his face followed shortly by jumping up after getting the cobwebs out.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:36 am

I think you're right - he slid backwards and straddled that post all the way up to his....um.....well....a protective cup doesn't protect you from a shot from that direction!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:45 am

I thought the refs did a great job in letting the kids decide the game, but I really think some things should have been called that weren't. I didn't see the 'Too Many Men' call, likely because I was watching it on TV, not at the rink (couldn't make it :( ), but refs make mistakes all the time, and their job is to make it as minimal an occurance as possible. I have a feeling that none of the refs were aware of the TMM call until it was brought up, and they discussed it to avoid seeming apathetic. I feel that video-review should be allowed in High School State Tournaments, I don't see why they shouldn't be if the equipment is available for use (which it is). Anything to make the game more fair seems like a great idea to me. What is the reason behind them not allowing refs to review plays in HS hockey?

Edit: I also don't believe that it was a cheap shot, it looked to me as if it was just players giving it their all to finish off that play, but Arnason looked like he took a dandy to the privies.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball11 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 pm

ndfan wrote:
gfhockey wrote:they only threw trash cuz the gpr players banged on the glass. I got the game on dvr and u think ladcuer didnt get forced over??? well u shoudl come over here and watch it. i got the beer and the tv.

No I'm pretty sure I was at the state championship game a couple years ago when South beat Red River and there fans did the same thing in throwing garbage on the ice. I'm not gonna sit here and call Red River fans poor sports or anything like that but to say Grafton bumping the glass was the only reason they threw stuff on the ice, i don't agree with you.

I was at that game also. I specifically remember a red ICEE thrown in the direction of Fargo's celebration pile up.
baseball11

Previous

Return to EDC