GFC vs GFRR

Teams of the East

GFC vs GFRR

Postby gfhockey » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:57 pm

Wow what a game. In front of a nearly packed purper arena(not as full when RR played rosseau) the states two most storied hockey prgrams fought at it and i mean fought. RR won 7-1 dominated every aspect of the game BUT each team lost players due to fighting..

In the first period a little fight broke out jsut GFC player jsut got a 10 minute misconduct
[
the third period is when all the stuff hit the fan. A big brawl started a 5 on 5. @ of RR players went immediately to the bench of the refs broke them up but still the gfc players still fought the other three GFRR players and arneson came in to fight then or help break it up i really dont no what his intentions were. how wever arneson got kicked, RR dereck axtman got kicekd out beleive and i miss the central plyers that got kicked out. what a game. there is some def bad blood with these teams and i wanna see them play again. GF hockey is #1.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: GFC vs GFRR

Postby 14>35 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:00 pm

yea i was at the game. I don't know who #10 from central is but it looked to me like he thought he was quite the tough guy
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 pm

Thats tanner spicer. I think his mom was sitting behind me but im not sure and this parent kept tellin him to drop him drop him drop him. kinda weird usually thats for the students but oh well. tough nite to be the ref. game had to end on running time. they didnt even play the last minute and RR bench was empty with 15 seconds to go.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 am

gfhockey wrote:Thats tanner spicer. I think his mom was sitting behind me but im not sure and this parent kept tellin him to drop him drop him drop him. kinda weird usually thats for the students but oh well. tough nite to be the ref. game had to end on running time. they didnt even play the last minute and RR bench was empty with 15 seconds to go.

The grand forks herald has it listed that Dalton Spicer was kicked out. They also have post-game interviews from both coaches regarding the game, and the ruckus at the end. Interesting comments. Apparently no love lost between the 2 high schools in town.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:06 pm

yeh dalton got kicked out but tanner was the one instigating for most of them game and chasing RR players around druing play and after the whistle. Dalton was one of the players fightin RR goaile i belieave.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Good ol fashion GF rivalry game.
Fun , wish I had been in the stands. did the parents get at each other too?

To bad for a few players, to have to sit next game(s) though.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:45 pm

yeh a central parents sitting behind me kept tellin there kids or there kid's team to drop a couple of the RR players. the rr players were all pointing at the scorebored. With running time, id say they played about 1 minute of hcokey in 7-8 minutes of running time. the RR parents mostly kept to there selves i guess they were yellin at refs mostly.

side note- purpur was only about 4/5 full. usually at a gfc gfrr game there is only standing room only. the students sections werent even that pakced like they used to. idk maybe its cuz its the third time these teams have played and each has been a blow out but idk. times sure have changed.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Return to EDC