Shanley Deacons

Teams of the East

Re: Shanley Deacons

Postby Spoiler92 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:27 am

but.........
We has Shanley beat in the East?
Fargo North once and Wahp-Breck twice!
Tied West Fargo
Lost to Central, Devils Lake-Cando, Red River, Grafton-Park River.

They have Fargo South on Tuesday(4pt game), Devils Lake-Cando next Thursday, and few bad MN teams after that and end up with West Fargo on Feb 8th.
So I think by next Thursday night we will see how they will finish!

Spoiler92
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Agreed-- they have some tough ones.
but they did do their job-- racking up 9 pts in EDC.

I have said before-- I do not think they are state bound-- someone else said that.

What I did say is they have a chance-- because everyone has to play the EDC tourney to get there.
GFRR, South, GPR do not get free rides.
Just like in the WDA-- it is a tourney and the the top 4 finishers get to represent at State..

I see it this way-- Finish 8th-- yoou'll play GFRR 1st game, GFRR Vs WF-----
Shanley could be in that-- #5 spot-- putting them against #4 DL first game of EDC- in the GFRR bracket--
shanley loses to DL, then they play WF. they win that and then you have the cross bracket(just like in the WDA I am sure)... DL GFRR-- DL loses-- crosses down- to face that bracket.....
Shanley would get the games on the bottom of the bracket--
loser of the Semi-final game-- thinking it could be: South or GPR---- then Shanley has NO way of making it....
the bottom looks like this:
#2- GPR vs #7 North --- GPR wins/ North loses and plays: GFC
#3 South vs. #6 GFC-- South wins/ GFC plays North
North loses to GFC-- Cross bracket-- GFC faces DL-- and GFC moves on to State.
South vs. GPR-- I think south wins-- and Shanley gets the cross bracket of GPR--
well either way-- South and or GPR go to State... if they are #2 and #3 in EDC tourney.

I believe the brackets work the same in EDC as they do out here in WDA-- right??
How does that bracket look to all you people??? probably close...
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey08 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Sportshound wrote:Shanley would get the games on the bottom of the bracket--
loser of the Semi-final game-- thinking it could be: South or GPR---- then Shanley has NO way of making it....
Shanley played Grafton in Grafton and only lost 6-3 after leading at the end of the first. They were within one goal of Grafton the whole game. Grafton added an empty netter at the end of the game. So I would say if Shanley did play GPR in their last game @ EDC they would have chance of making it.
hockey08

Postby Sportshound » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:15 pm

highheat-- sorry couldn't think of any other way to show what I thought.

And hockey08-- you are right--- GPR vs Shanley was 6-3.... can't imagine that GPR would fold in a MUST win game for them to make state.
If they get to that game....
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoiler92 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am

Shanley lost 6-1 to South. Looks like 7th place for them, unless they can beat DL on Thursday and sneak up to 6th
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 am

Box score in the papers show Shanley got whooped on by South.
South led by Groth (4 goals, 1 assist) in the 6-1 win.
Spoiler92- I think you go it, 7th seed maybe 6th seed.
that would pit them vs. South(probably again in the EDC tourney(Ouch!)If Shanley finishes 6th.
Unless South comes up with the String of wins-- and someone else bumps GPR-- GFRR seems to have 1st locked(again).
Fun time of year, great hockey and a ton of meaningful games for the teams in the West and East comeing up.-- looks like pretty much all Conf. games for everyone.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Knight55 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 pm

Sportshound wrote:Box score in the papers show Shanley got whooped on by South.
South led by Groth (4 goals, 1 assist) in the 6-1 win.
Spoiler92- I think you go it, 7th seed maybe 6th seed.
that would pit them vs. South(probably again in the EDC tourney(Ouch!)If Shanley finishes 6th.
Unless South comes up with the String of wins-- and someone else bumps GPR-- GFRR seems to have 1st locked(again).
Fun time of year, great hockey and a ton of meaningful games for the teams in the West and East comeing up.-- looks like pretty much all Conf. games for everyone.

Shanley plays Devils Lake tommorow but also has West Fargo again....if they win both they can potentially be as high as 4th and both are winnable....and as Shanley being "whooped" yesterday..i disagree...I drove down to see the game and South got a lot of their shots on the power play...5 on 5 the game was pretty even. Shanley had their chances but just couldn't put them away, South did. It was 3 to 1 in the 3rd when South scored a goal with the net off and one of their players in the net, which is clear as can be even on the news, this really turned the game around as South had been outscored in the second. Shanley's coach and captain both gave the refs an earful as they should as this was a bad call...after that it seemed the refs made some weak calls in South's favor. The game may say 6 to 1 but unless one was their you can't say it was a whooping. Red River's 13 to 1 win is a whooping...but 6 to 1 when it was close until in the third is not a whooping. I still don't understand how noone can give the Deacons any credit no matter what they do.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:02 pm

knight55-- you know better than I ....

being there-- yes-- then you have the real "Eye"...on the game.
I probably shouldn't have said whooped.
but the Shots(figure what south had 48 on net/ Shanley goalie had 42 saves)
And south goalie had 17saves--meaning 18 shots-- that is better than double, just shy of triple in favor of South.

didn't know there was a controversy in a goal scored, either. Hmmm why would they allow a goal on a guy in the net and net off the pegs? sounds like something isn't right there.
that was in the 3rd period-? but the score was in favor of South at that time also(ie: 3-1).
You say that Shanley just couldn't bury the puck,but got chances, that is good for them then- they should beat DL-- with the way DL has been up and down. Maybe Shanley can get the 4th seed- that would be great for them-- and Good luck to that Team.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:13 pm

FIRST PERIOD: 1, FS, Groth (Huguelet, Wagner), 8:21 (pp). 2, FS, Burdick (Groth, Orson), 10:45. 3, FS, Wolf (Mauch), 14:04.

SECOND PERIOD: 4, S, Hvidston (Traynor), 16:18.

THIRD PERIOD: 5, FS, Groth (Orson, A. Hooey), 0:55. 6, FS, Groth (Saxerud, Luecke), 8:52. 7, FS, Groth (J. Hooey, Burdick), 15:10 (pp).

SAVES: FS, Buchholz 9-2-6–17. S, Opheim 14-15-13–42.

Shanley got outscored 3-0 in the first, outscored South 0-1 in the second and got outscored 3-0 in the third. Shanley got 3 shots total in the 2nd period that they outscored South. Doesn't seem close to me. :|
Just looking at the box score though.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Knight55 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:20 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
FIRST PERIOD: 1, FS, Groth (Huguelet, Wagner), 8:21 (pp). 2, FS, Burdick (Groth, Orson), 10:45. 3, FS, Wolf (Mauch), 14:04.

THIRD PERIOD: 5, FS, Groth (Orson, A. Hooey), 0:55. 6, FS, Groth (Saxerud, Luecke), 8:52. 7, FS, Groth (J. Hooey, Burdick), 15:10 (pp).

Shanley got outscored 3-0 in the first, outscored South 0-1 in the second and got outscored 3-0 in the third. Shanley got 3 shots total in the 2nd period that they outscored South. Doesn't seem close to me. :|

Ya because Shanley had 4 penalties to South's 0......
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Knight55 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

Ya because Shanley had 4 penalties to South's 0......

Then Shanley should stop taking penalties.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:41 pm

hey sioux4ever how did u get to be a moderator already if u dont mind me masking. uve only been on here for a month and half. how?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:08 am

gfhockey wrote:hey sioux4ever how did u get to be a moderator already if u dont mind me masking. uve only been on here for a month and half. how?

I have magical powers!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsman101 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:39 am

south did dominate. 3/4 of shanley's shots were dump ins or bad angled shots from the goal line
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Knight55 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:01 pm

sportsman101 wrote:south did dominate. 3/4 of shanley's shots were dump ins or bad angled shots from the goal line

Disagree...Shanley had little swarms in front of South's net that got hektic but they coldn't bury it...they had a few shots from 2 on 1's and 2 on 2's here or there...and those "bad angle shots" were more like centering passes with traffic with people in front.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Spoiler92 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:44 am

DL-C 10 Shanley 0
Explain this one now?
Refs? Penalties? Injuries? Illnesses?
DON'T THINK SO!
They are no better than 7th or 8th in the East for sure!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:20 am

WOW-- surprising 10-0 loss to DL...

Now not to be coming down hard, but didn't someone say, that Shanley was going to battle for that 3rd-4th spot.

DL gets beat by South 8-0, yes South beats Shanley 6-1 (but shouldn't have been that-as some said), DL turns in and beats Shanley 10-nuttin.

Now I agree shanley has some players, and has as good of opportunity as any teams finishing in that 5-8 spot in EDC.
but the road is long and up hill.

Shanley will need to pull a 4ptr--from Who they have left-- GFC(i think), do they play WF again?
that would give them some pts. how about Waph(for 2 pts?)

Anyway-- on the ND hockey website-- I think Spoiler92 has it in good perspective-- they will battle for the 6th maybe-- but probably end 7th.
Then they start with(#2-EDC:GPR--as it is and will not change)-- or if they get to 6th-- they start with South(who should win enough to solid #3 spot).
As said a few days ago-- that is an OUCH for Shanley.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gopherguy17 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:51 pm

All shanely has left for conferance games is west fargo. I think farthest they can move up is a tie for 6th with fargo north. And that would mean that west fargo would have to upset North and shanley would have to beat west fargo.
gopherguy17
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 am

Don't see the scenerio of that happening.
Alhtough WF could come up with a win over North.

Anything can happen in the last two weeks.
Still some real good hockey yet to be played.
some real meaningful games for the teams in the West and East.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey08 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:12 pm

if wf beats north shanley would have to beat Wf in their last conference game to get the 6th seed as long as North doesn't beat anyone else. If Shanley were to lose the game to wf Shanley would be back in the play in game against Whapeton. but if North wins that game Shanley will be the 7th seed. Which from looking at the way the edc tournament sets up it would be better for Shanley to be the 6th or 8th seed not 7th.
hockey08

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:22 pm

looking at the EDC Standings--
Shanley with 9 pts, can not be over-come by WF.
WF can not finish any higher than 8th(as it looks to me)-with games left to play.

shanley "could" make it by North since they are so close and Shanley beat North ina 4pt game.

WF should just plan right now to beat Wahp in the play in game and move up to play #1 seed.

As far as the others. This middle grp looks like the WDA-- many teams could joky into a better seed, if they win out.

looking at the composite schedule--
WF has a road to haul to pick up pts.
North does also.
Shanley is driving right now.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoiler92 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:57 am

Shanley is driving what?
lost 3 in a row(South, DL, and a bad Kittson Central team) after tying a bad West Fargo team. That doesn't sound like driving to me.
Before that, beat a terrible Wahp-Breck and terrible Fargo North team.
To me they are another also ran, and will have pretty much no chance in the East Region Tourney!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:46 am

Read into it some. they are driving -- they are ahead of Wahp, WF and have an edge on North- even if they are 1 pt behind.

They could ,should pick up at least another pt.- then they would finish ahead of North.(tie-breaker-they won the 4 pt game vs. North).
Spoiler92, is there some underlying problem you have with Shanley?

I didn't say they were going to win games at EDC and go on a run and win State, for gosh sakes.

settle down some, civilized forum here, and bbeing hostile doesn't sound like you have any fun.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey08 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:26 pm

If West Fargo beats North they will have 3 pts if they beat whap they will have 7pts if they beat Shanley they will have 9pts. that would put them in a tie with Shanley. not sure what the tie breaker is but WF would have gotten 3 out of 4pts in the series. So shanley could finish anywhere from 6 to 8th. I think.
hockey08

Postby gopherguy17 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:36 pm

it is possible but West fargo has only one win this season so its very unlikely. But west fargo is starting to look a lot better
gopherguy17
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to EDC