Best Sophomores?

Teams of the East

Re: Best Sophomores?

Postby unocinco » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:40 pm

king1869 wrote:i think peter orson is the best sophomore from south. after watching him hook up Sigurdson with a great pass in the grafton game short handed or 4 on 4 idk which one. but he looks pretty good. And that tyler sorenson kid. he is on first line JV and lights it up

That Swenseth kid from DL is one of the best the best sophomores he has set up a lot of people with goals and plays on the first line pretty often
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hcky1616 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Swenseth - too slow & never plays first line - only 1 tip in goal and 2 assists. Jacob LaDouceur - cracked the RR line-up and has 5 goals - that's good !
hcky1616

Postby Knights » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm

what good sophmores are there from cental?
Knights

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:39 pm

I heard about the Sophomore goalie from South. Dressed the Red River game and played the third period over their starting tender. Got his 3rd period shutout against RR (6 shots against) and started against DL (very good for a sophomore goalie on a team like South), got something around 20-25 shots (unsure of how many), and recorded a shutout. I'll wait for the amount to pop up on the ndhighschoolhockey.com site, but Scott Buchholz is his name.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Knights wrote:what good sophmores are there from cental?

not many most of the young player that are very talented are freshman
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Derek Fuller he is really good
northdakotahockey123

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Hes a 93 and he has aproved from last year he was a alternate for the festival. He let in only one goal in the final stage of tryouts i watched him very closely he needs work on playin the puck. And angles,and needs to gain some weight. But good goalie
northdakotahockey123

Postby ctrain1369 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 am

Orson is the best sophmore from south, sorenson lights JV up too, but what about the stelly kid that tore his MCL, his first game back against Devils Lake he had two goals, and lit it up. He must have been working on his moves during his healing time. Im fans of all 3
Last edited by ctrain1369 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:16 am

ctrain you have some real close insight.

Sophs--playing Varsity are probably the best sophs in the state, don't you think?
If they are on JV(even at a large school like South), they must not be as good as the Sophs playing Varsity , let's say on South's team, or GFRR, Or GPR, Or BHS, or Minot and so on...

just my observations. I haven't seen the kids you listed-- sorry. they can't win a State tourney playing JV, or at least last I looked they didn't have a State JV tourney.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:19 am

Orson is a good player-- best in the state? hmmmm have to think on that.
he plays with two real, real good players(or at least when I saw South) he plays with Hooey and Groth.
That can make you looked good too.

others are there too-- on their teams---
Kusler-CHS
Berg-North
J.hooey-south
And there areothers-- but the state doesn't have a Soph that is playing better than anyone (especially Jr or Sr's in the state-) if there was the Buzz would be there...
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:00 pm

*Looks through this thread and the new thread on Junior Varsity*
Fargo South's JV has found northdakotapreps.com. Welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:04 am

northdakotahockey123 wrote:Hes a 93 and he has aproved from last year he was a alternate for the festival. He let in only one goal in the final stage of tryouts i watched him very closely he needs work on playin the puck. And angles,and needs to gain some weight. But good goalie

Really the kid getting the shaft that held central in the game against EGF actually went to the festival in 2006. This kid Can play his angles and is much better goalie than the one getting to play. Nepotism is a great thing isn't it. From your post I would probably think your his brother, dad or one of his neighbors.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby king1869 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:00 am

ctrain1369 wrote:Orson is the best sophmore from south, sorenson lights JV up too, but what about the stelly kid that tore his MCL, his first game back against Devils Lake he had two goals, and lit it up. He must have been working on his moves during his healing time. Plus Cody Krier gets moved back to D. Heard hes never played there before but didn't look to bad against DL. He has a pretty good shot from the point.

who is this cody kid you speak of? never heard of him before, if he is so good from the point shouldnt he be a the v squad?..... Never heard of that "stelly" kid either... probably not any good if he wasnt on varsity. Dont you think???
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Riders10 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:51 pm

All that this forum is is a bunch of South JV players trying to hype themselves up...some actuall good sophomores I would say are

Cole Reisenauer-Dickinson

Jake LaDouceur-Red River

Nick Romanick-BHS

Bryce Schmitt-Minot(even though he isnt having a great year)
Riders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Hey buddy im just fan like you and im not saying the other goalie is not good. And he did not keep Central into the game against east grand.
northdakotahockey123

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:09 pm

northdakotahockey123 wrote:Hey buddy im just fan like you and im not saying the other goalie is not good. And he did not keep Central into the game against east grand.

Really GFC was outshot 14-7 in the third.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Throwing out a stat that the shots were 14-7 can be misleading. Were they quality shots in a scoring area? Were they from the point or dump-ins? Clear looks or screens? The goalie played and they did well. Good job, Congrats! Get over the "this goalie is getting the shaft." He played, he did well, that is great!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:04 pm

one was from the red line and the other was a wrap around
northdakotahockey123

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Did you go to the game in devils lake?
northdakotahockey123

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:37 am

Sioux4ever wrote:Throwing out a stat that the shots were 14-7 can be misleading. Were they quality shots in a scoring area? Were they from the point or dump-ins? Clear looks or screens? The goalie played and they did well. Good job, Congrats! Get over the "this goalie is getting the shaft." He played, he did well, that is great!

You can get over your self. I am stating the facts.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 am

Centralhockey_08 wrote:You can get over your self. I am stating the facts.

The only facts you have been able to state are that you are biased towards the one goalie and like to talk down the other 2. Good for you. I'm not going to argue with you and your one-sided view of the goaltending situation at GFC. We shall all proclaim now that Lang is the best goalie at Central and if either of the other 2 goalies at Central play a varsity minute, someone should be fired. Whoopie!!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:56 am

sioux4ever-- good post....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
Centralhockey_08 wrote:You can get over your self. I am stating the facts.

The only facts you have been able to state are that you are biased towards the one goalie and like to talk down the other 2. Good for you. I'm not going to argue with you and your one-sided view of the goaltending situation at GFC. We shall all proclaim now that Lang is the best goalie at Central and if either of the other 2 goalies at Central play a varsity minute, someone should be fired. Whoopie!!

No I am not saying that at all, I have been following the Central program for some time now and since Bina has taken over the team there have been nothing but problems, and losing records, I heard about the mind games played with players. Players that ask questions on what they need to do to get better only to be given the blank stare or a B.S. answer. That is what I am talking about. I am talking about assistants that know what they are talking about only to be brushed off or ignored. I am talking good players leaving the program because of THE COACH. Don' t you think Simonson would look good in a central uniform this season, that's OK I am sure the coach should bear no fault in that one. Or the goalie that was jerked around his senior year, only to be pushed into a confrontation and inevitably kicked off the team. That is what I am talking about. I am not saying that the coach should be fired for not playing certain players. I am saying that coach shouldn't be such a dictator.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby ctrain1369 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Berg from north isn't good at all. i played against him last year edited by moderator. at north he probably looks good because the rest of there team but compared to anyone else he isn't.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:24 am

hey guys--
centralhockey08 and ctrain........ get your heads out of the clouds or sand.................

disgrunteled and mad, it isn't fun to read your posts.
add some good views. Maybe make them-- what I don't know-- an UNBIASED and informative opinion.

Bashing guys(look at moderator x-ing out some words in a post)-- is not a good thing.
Makes you sound like a PO'd person, not a thinking intelligent individual.

your opinions are welcome.make an argument, give some points of interest and this forum can be informative , not justa BASH fest.

My opinion(s)
----- Bina is a Good coach.(again my opinion)
----- you both need to toughen up and work hard and you get playing time(if you are on the team)
----- play with that emotion... make a difference
----- do what you can with what you have (kind of like in the classroom-- not everyone is a genius)
----- AND PlEASE stop the player bashing...

If you have a good comment or a view let's see it....... not the trashy stuff.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to EDC