Teams of the East

Game Updates

Postby gfhockey » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:34 pm

GFC 6 Fargo shanley 0
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Game Updates

Postby Sportshound » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:36 pm

Hmmmm???? closer than I would have thought.
Maybe that Swedish Goalie is good for the Shanley team?? is it Swedish or Ukrainian or Norweigen???

anyway-- 6 to nill'...???
GFC --who scored?? Klockman? spicer?? And whoby golly played in the nets for GFC?? simmers??
GFC will need to test themselves against some other competition to get a feel for the real season.

did anyone see F.South's schedule-- i heard they play in White Bear lake next week... ???
that will be a good measure.
I also heard they scrimmaged in Moorhead last weekend-- went against some pretty good comp. there also, and from what this person told me, they looked good(as can be for having only a few days of practice)--
supposedly they tied a very good Roseville, MN team, played Benilde St. Margs'-- even(this team has 5- D1 players), and beat the Breck(private school in class A team)

moorhead I guess took on the chin in pretty much all there scrimmages.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:55 pm

GFC 6 - Points for Goalscorers - Jake Plutowski (2G) - Brenden Gust (1G 1A) - Brandon Moody (1G 1A) - Jordy Aamot (1G 1A) - Matt Klockman (1G) - Spicer had an assist. Alex Simmers was in net and made 19 saves.
Shanley - Andreas Opheim was in goal and made 32 saves, out of 38 shots (6 GAA).

Sportshound wrote:did anyone see F.South's schedule-- i heard they play in White Bear lake next week... ???
that will be a good measure.
I also heard they scrimmaged in Moorhead last weekend-- went against some pretty good comp. there also, and from what this person told me, they looked good(as can be for having only a few days of practice)--
supposedly they tied a very good Roseville, MN team, played Benilde St. Margs'-- even(this team has 5- D1 players), and beat the Breck(private school in class A team)

moorhead I guess took on the chin in pretty much all there scrimmages.

FS plays White Bear Lake (@ WBL) next friday. WBL is ranked pretty high in Minnesota so it'll be a real stepping stone for a team that will have to prove themselves this year. I asked about FS's scrimmages in Moorehead, hearing they beat Roseville 3-2 or 4-2 (I know for sure they beat them though), hearing they lost a close game to Benilde (4-3 or 5-4, supposedly Benilde had like 2 goals in the first 2 minutes) and they beat up Breck pretty badly. Also by word of mouth, I heard Moorehead was getting destroyed by Benilde, and Moorehead got beaten by a few of the rest of the teams there also (except Breck, I'm guessing).
the NDHS site seems to be up, you can get the schedule of the ND games here, but they don't seem to have the out-of-state ones up.
http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDako ... edule.aspx
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:00 pm

I guess RR almost beat roseau (who is numeber 1 in aa in MN) but lost in the hird period 2-0 with an eg.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:18 pm

gfhockey-- RR played a game vs. Roseau??? Thought they scrimmaged??

That is possible that RR stayed close with Roseau--

Now regarding your notes on south-Hockey High- Good to know- sounds like South is just relaoding and the returners-- Groth Hooey and Powers lead their attack.
I heard they do not all play on the same line-- ?? just heard that..
But that would make sense-- Groth is a little faster and wouldneed faster guys to skate with.
But I would be surprised not to see them play together somtime.
Powers and Hooey skate together -- and did last yr.
Groth as seen before can skate with just about any player-- played with Hooey, powers last yr. sometimes but having them split up would make their team early on anyways stronger I think.

Not sure who Groth skates with-- anyone see them yet this year--or I mean in the scrimmages??
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:10 am

oops sorry ment scrimmage
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:29 pm

Games Today:
Dickinson at Jamestown
West Fargo at Bismarck High
Devils Lake at St. John
Hazen / Beulah at Fargo Shanley
Fargo North at Bismarck Century
Williston at Mandan

Games Saturday
Fargo North at Bismarck High
Hazen / Beulah at Wahpeton / Breckenridge
Williston at Jamestown
West Fargo at Bismarck Century
Dickinson at Fargo Shanley
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:52 pm

who won tonights games?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Spoiler92 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am

WF 5 Fargo North 1

Fargo South 4 DL-C 1
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shoot! » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:47 pm

GPR outshoots Minot 51-6, GPR squeaks by at buzzer 4-3.
Shoot!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:02 pm

3 goals on 6 shots! Looks like Grafton's back up had a horrible game.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Saturday's Scores:
Bismark High 4, Detroit Lakes, Minn. 1
Crookston, Minn. 7, Bismark Century 4
Fargo South 6, West Fargo 1
Grafton-Park River 4, Minot 3
Grand Forks Central 5, Devils Lake-Cando 3
Mandan 4, Hazen/Beulah 2
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:16 am

Unity77 wrote:3 goals on 6 shots! Looks like Grafton's back up had a horrible game.

It was 51 saves to 6 saves. 55 shots to 9. Schmidt for Minot had two break aways he scored on which was about all the offense Minot could muster for any sort of odd man rushes. He did put on a couple of pretty good moves. Stark played alright but really was not tested outside of the break aways and one weird goal that was deflected in. Skogen, the goalie for Minot on the other hand was incredible! One of the best goalie performances I have ever seen. Some amazing saves on numerous odd man rushes and was peppered for over a minute straight when Grafton pulled their goalie. The game could have easily been 10 to 3 or worse. The two goals in the final minute of the game were both on deflections by Grafton in traffic right infront of the goal on shots from the blue line. The last one just before the buzzer sounded. The first goal of the game was an easy one timmer by Presteng in the slot and the second goal was off a rebound that went right to Boyle who went top shelf from 10 feet out. Skogen was extremely impresive! Hats off to that kid for a gutsy performance like that. It really was an exciting finish for Grafton!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:36 am

My bad InTheKnow. Thanks for the breakdown.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Skogen is very good --Great? every goalie has a night or game that they can say- wow, that was the best.
until they get to another game and no bounces happen their way and they get shelled.
He must have played incredible. He in my opinion is Good.When I have seen him he has been OK.
GPR must have been frustrated and started pressing, That always makes things hard too.

GPR (it was said played their back-up goalie?) Why? it is almost tourney time. I would say get the lines set, goalie in net and play on.
no time to get experience now for players. just pray to GOD that you enter the tourney with a healthy squad.
Every time you play hard and win, that is another good step in the direction to a championship.
mess around now and you might blow up the momentum and or confidence.

GPR should not have given up 3 goals to Minot, no matter who was in goal. It is crunch time, the D-should have kept the shots out wide and made it is easy.
Not a good move to shake things up right before the end of the season. I do not think.Could be a bad move for GPR who was playing some real good hockey.

that again is my opinion.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Sportshound wrote:Skogen is very good --Great? every goalie has a night or game that they can say- wow, that was the best.
until they get to another game and no bounces happen their way and they get shelled.
He must have played incredible. He in my opinion is Good.When I have seen him he has been OK.
GPR must have been frustrated and started pressing, That always makes things hard too.

GPR (it was said played their back-up goalie?) Why? it is almost tourney time. I would say get the lines set, goalie in net and play on.
no time to get experience now for players. just pray to GOD that you enter the tourney with a healthy squad.
Every time you play hard and win, that is another good step in the direction to a championship.
mess around now and you might blow up the momentum and or confidence.

GPR should not have given up 3 goals to Minot, no matter who was in goal. It is crunch time, the D-should have kept the shots out wide and made it is easy.
Not a good move to shake things up right before the end of the season. I do not think.Could be a bad move for GPR who was playing some real good hockey.

that again is my opinion.

I agree with you to some extent. I believe the other goalie is a senior and has not seen much action this year. This is a non-conference game which has little to no meaning. That is a good game to get him in just because down the stretch these last 2-3 weeks, they will probably play their #1 guy in conference games. Grafton will be ready to play come tournament time no matter what. They always are. It sounds like 2 breakaways for goals. The Schmitt kid from Minot is a good player. That could have happened no matter who was in net.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Still, I would have kept things rolling.

2-3 weeks left in league? heck they only have two games left period(from the NDHS listing)
they play GFRR and GFC, not the two teams that I would want to not have been playing good hockey before.
they are a solid #2 in league, but NOT playing your #1's , when there is only a couple of games left is not smart in my book.
Rosters are wrong sometimes but I do not think they have a Sr. goalie at GPR.
Now playing a game vs. a lesser opponent(record wise and etc.) ,like Minot is to GPR at this stage of the season, could be, I am not saying it is, a down fall on the part of the team.

confidence(when they for sure that they would beat Minot like GFRR did--what? 9-1?) may have been shaken a little.

I wouldn't take that chance this late in the season. play the #1's, play the #1 goalie all the time. Ride the winning wave into tournaments
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Sportshound wrote:Still, I would have kept things rolling.
2-3 weeks left in league? heck they only have two games left period(from the NDHS listing)
they play GFRR and GFC, not the two teams that I would want to not have been playing good hockey before.
they are a solid #2 in league, but NOT playing your #1's , when there is only a couple of games left is not smart in my book.
Rosters are wrong sometimes but I do not think they have a Sr. goalie at GPR.
Now playing a game vs. a lesser opponent(record wise and etc.) ,like Minot is to GPR at this stage of the season, could be, I am not saying it is, a down fall on the part of the team.
confidence(when they for sure that they would beat Minot like GFRR did--what? 9-1?) may have been shaken a little.
I wouldn't take that chance this late in the season. play the #1's, play the #1 goalie all the time. Ride the winning wave into tournaments

The backup goalie is a Sr. He has seen limited action behind the junior starter Monsebroten. They outplayed, outhustled, outshot, outworked the minot team, and in the end outscored. Who cares that the score was 4-3. The shots were 55-9. It is not like it was really that close of a game. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. They were able to get their senior goalie another game to be played in, and still won. By my counts they have 2-3 weeks left through state. They are locked in at the #2 seed, nothing can change in that going into EDC. They had a game with a non-conference opponent, in which they won, and also played the back-up goalie. Seems like a win-win. As I stated before, they will be ready tourney time, they always are.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Shanley 5 Morris, MN 2
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:12 am

West Fargo 5
Fargo Shanley 1

I believe that pulls West Fargo out of the play-in game and places Shanley in it. Repeat of last year's play-in game with Shanley and Wahpeton battling for a thursday date with the #1 seed in the east.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to EDC