I am a FS fan
15%

Total votes : 53

Postby gfhockey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:57 am

who do u got?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:11 am

i would like to see south beat RR, but i dont think it is going to happen. RR just played a very good game last night against DL. they were constantly putting pressure on DL on both ends of the ice, were patient with their passing, and were aggressive on defense. i say RR wins 4-2
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:29 am

I think this game is going to be a classic, it should be a real great game whats the series on the season, 2-1 south or redriver?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:22 am

Should be a very intense game, but I'm thinking South will pull through. The major difference in the two teams is the amount of seniors and the depth of those seniors. Tonight is the night that all of South's seniors have been waiting to prove themselves, and they haven't shown that (other than Wurden, and the games at EDC last weekend) they deserve this state championship. This should be the most physical and intense game of the season for the Bruins, and RR doesn't seem to have enough of that upperclassmen feeling to it.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:29 am

I think its going to come down to goaltending. Im all for RR but arenson doesnt impress me one bit. Diechert isnt plying that good either but i think he is better then arenson. i picked RR to win just cuz i used to ply for them
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Well I was wrong, and the game did come down to goaltending. Diechert played one of the worst games I've seen in a while. Not one of those goals were nicely put together by RR, each one was either an individual effort or a shot that was meant to just be put on net for a rebound, and none of those shots were out of reach in any way. I feel bad for diechert but he very likely cost South a state championship there. One shot was a dump from the top of the circles with no screen that slipped in his 5 hole, one was a point shot with no screens, that he saw clearly, just didn't get his arm far enough out, and the last one was because of poor defensive plays (no one hit) and the shot snuck between Diecherts Blocker and chest. Not trying to take away from RR's win, but it coulda very easily been a 1-0 win for Fargo South had these shots been taken care of correctly. But after all, that's how hockey is.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND#1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:05 pm

I think the best team won.  South is good but is a 7 game series, RR wins 4 or 5.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:39 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Well I was wrong, and the game did come down to goaltending. Diechert played one of the worst games I've seen in a while. Not one of those goals were nicely put together by RR, each one was either an individual effort or a shot that was meant to just be put on net for a rebound, and none of those shots were out of reach in any way. I feel bad for diechert but he very likely cost South a state championship there. One shot was a dump from the top of the circles with no screen that slipped in his 5 hole, one was a point shot with no screens, that he saw clearly, just didn't get his arm far enough out, and the last one was because of poor defensive plays (no one hit) and the shot snuck between Diecherts Blocker and chest. Not trying to take away from RR's win, but it coulda very easily been a 1-0 win for Fargo South had these shots been taken care of correctly. But after all, that's how hockey is.

Good point, deichert didn't play like a all-state goalie during that game, that first goal just stuff me off. Wasn't that hard of a shot he just didn't close his legs.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:44 am

I'd say had Groves (DL) been in the net for south, I have no doubt that South woulda won the state championship. It seemed that South was really slow in the first period, dominated the second and that slapshot from the point that whipped by Deicherts glove took all the momentum from the 2nd period domination out of South. The game was a fun one to watch, but it could been a lot different. (I like how people are voting after the fact too)
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Return to EDC