Grand Forks Central

Teams of the East

Re: Grand Forks Central

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:53 pm

In theory is sounds like a good idea, but anyone rule that doesn't have a certain laid out, clear-cut rule ends up in large loopholes. Opinions differ, so things such as "Moving Just to Move" are easily avoided by saying that the parent simply has a better job opportunity, or wishes to do this different job etc. This is just one example, but just like all rules, they'd have to be very tight and specific, or the elasticity will be the downfall of them, and players will continue to walk by without any hinderence.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Re: Re:

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:25 am

tony17 wrote: Could Tony Bina be on the hot seat?

I don't know about that, however; why does a kid that is a freshman goalie., the same goalie that can't make a Bantam A team. That was a goalie on a bantam B team the year before end up starting over two kids that are much better, and deserve to play over him? One of the two kids is a proven winner in Bantam A's and made the USA hockey festival end up playing the junior varsity. That is called stuborness.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:47 am

I don't know about that, however; why does a kid that is a freshman goalie., the same goalie that can't make a Bantam A team. That was a goalie on a bantam B team the year before end up starting over two kids that are much better, and deserve to play over him? One of the two kids is a proven winner in Bantam A's and made the USA hockey festival end up playing the junior varsity. That is called stuborness.[/quote]

The coaches must see something in him they like in order to be playing him ahead of the other guys you indicated. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that is ultimately the coaching staff's decision. Call it stubbornness if you will, they make the call on who plays. It seems to be working right now though, they are 6-1 and that goalie is 4-0. Let's see how it goes in the coming weeks when they face up with Roseau, Jefferson or RR, Grafton, etc...
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:

I don't know about that, however; why does a kid that is a freshman goalie., the same goalie that can't make a Bantam A team. That was a goalie on a bantam B team the year before end up starting over two kids that are much better, and deserve to play over him? One of the two kids is a proven winner in Bantam A's and made the USA hockey festival end up playing the junior varsity. That is called stuborness.

Until we are spending two or three hours a day with kids at practice, and at games I don't think its up to anyone to judge playing time. I agree with Sioux4ever. Seems to be working, and bottom line is the coaching staff isn't playing to lose they are going to put the best team on the ice.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:00 am

OldSchool wrote:
Centralhockey_08 wrote:

Until we are spending two or three hours a day with kids at practice, and at games I don't think its up to anyone to judge playing time. I agree with Sioux4ever. Seems to be working, and bottom line is the coaching staff isn't playing to lose they are going to put the best team on the ice.

I say a 7-2 butt whooping tonight, poor positioning and an over horrible performance in the central net. It doesn't take much to see the obvious that this kid needs to play Junior Varsity and wait his turn. Simmers is starting tomorrow.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:11 am

I say a 7-2 butt whooping tonight, poor positioning and an over horrible performance in the central net. It doesn't take much to see the obvious that this kid needs to play Junior Varsity and wait his turn. Simmers is starting tomorrow.[/quote]

You are absolutely correct. 7-2 game in which the Central goalie saw 48 pucks and the Roseau goalie saw 19. I'm not going to defend the goalie, but you obviously have something against him playing on the team. To know that the other goalie is starting tomorrow you have information that usually is in the locker within a team. I thought teammates are supposed to be supportive of one another...
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:28 am

Sioux4ever wrote: You are absolutely correct. 7-2 game in which the Central goalie saw 48 pucks and the Roseau goalie saw 19. I'm not going to defend the goalie, but you obviously have something against him playing on the team. To know that the other goalie is starting tomorrow you have information that usually is in the locker within a team. I thought teammates are supposed to be supportive of one another...

Not coming from the lockerroom. Heard it at the rink.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby grandforks1 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:54 am

I also think that until you are in the coaches shoes you have no room to judge. I think Fuller kept Central in the game last night. He made some awesome saves and was under pressure all night. The question mark will be how will Simmers perform in net? His performance in net could put him up as a starter if he shows what he can do and do it well.
grandforks1

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:58 pm

I saw on another board that the final score in the RR-Central game was 5-1. Anyone know which goalie played tonight?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 am

Sioux4ever wrote:I saw on another board that the final score in the RR-Central game was 5-1. Anyone know which goalie played tonight?

Arneson and Simmers.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:14 am

Centralhockey_08 wrote:Arneson and Simmers.

Thanks.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:38 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:I say a 7-2 butt whooping tonight, poor positioning and an over horrible performance in the central net. It doesn't take much to see the obvious that this kid needs to play Junior Varsity and wait his turn. Simmers is starting tomorrow.

You are absolutely correct. 7-2 game in which the Central goalie saw 48 pucks and the Roseau goalie saw 19. I'm not going to defend the goalie, but you obviously have something against him playing on the team. To know that the other goalie is starting tomorrow you have information that usually is in the locker within a team. I thought teammates are supposed to be supportive of one another...[/quote]

Central_Hockey08 must be a Central parent than if its not coming from the locker room. Anyway I think the backup goalie got his chance against RR, and since he is so much better than the other kid how come they didn't win 1-0 over RR? Just wondering Central08.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:06 pm

OldSchool wrote:
Central_Hockey08 must be a Central parent than if its not coming from the locker room. Anyway I think the backup goalie got his chance against RR, and since he is so much better than the other kid how come they didn't win 1-0 over RR? Just wondering Central08.

Wrong, I am not talking about Simmers, there is one more kid that deserves a chance. The kid with the third best ranking in the state. Mark my words he is better than Fuller or Simmers.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:04 pm

he has played one game against Minot and let one in on 13 shots
northdakotahockey123

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:Wrong, I am not talking about Simmers, there is one more kid that deserves a chance. The kid with the third best ranking in the state. Mark my words he is better than Fuller or Simmers.

Third best ranking in the state? The other goalie you are talking about has played 1 game....against a Minot team that is weaker than in years past (1-5-2 record). Yes, according to the ND High School statistic site he is the 3rd highest ranked goalie for Goals Against Average, 1.00. he played 1 game and gave up 1 goal.

You may be correct, he may be a very good goalie, and maybe he deserves another shot between the pipes. But to come on here and say he has the third best ranking in the state is a silly comment to make and shows even more your bias toward this other goalie.

How about just be glad that GFC has had a pretty good early season and continue to work hard this season instead of publicizing one goalie and knocking the other 2, who by the way must be doing something right in practices to get the rest of the games.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:31 am

Sioux4ever wrote:
You may be correct, he may be a very good goalie, and maybe he deserves another shot between the pipes. But to come on here and say he has the third best ranking in the state is a silly comment to make and shows even more your bias toward this other goalie.

How about just be glad that GFC has had a pretty good early season and continue to work hard this season instead of publicizing one goalie and knocking the other 2, who by the way must be doing something right in practices to get the rest of the games.

I don't have a bias towards anyone, I am just a fan of the game , but to put a kid between the pipes that is the obviously the third best goalie on the team is assasine, if you watched his possitioning it sucked. The kid in question deserves to have his shot.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:58 am

CentralHockey08 is a fan of the game. I can respect that, but coming on here and ripping on a coachs decision is not right. You don't have any idea how things look in practice, and I will say it again. Coach Bina is not playing to lose, and is obviously putting his best players on the ice, so please stop with the comments on coaching decisions that you are obviously not qualified or mature enough to make.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:41 am

OldSchool wrote:CentralHockey08 is a fan of the game. I can respect that, but coming on here and ripping on a coachs decision is not right. You don't have any idea how things look in practice, and I will say it again. Coach Bina is not playing to lose, and is obviously putting his best players on the ice, so please stop with the comments on coaching decisions that you are obviously not qualified or mature enough to make.

I will call it as I see it. I have watched him coach for three season and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that he has much of a grasp of the game. In comparing Bina to his peers and previous central coaches. Would you like to comparre him to say Tarek Howard? Now there is a hockey coach.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:55 am

What is your comparison....How is he better than Bina? Just a question, but I would like your reasoning. Since you are comparing them as an arm chair coach from the stands. Lets here your expertise.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:00 pm

OldSchool wrote:What is your comparison....How is he better than Bina?

If you need to ask me that question your objectivity is really blinded by your love of the present coach?
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:19 pm

No I just think that you think that you have all the answers. Just compare them for me and give me some concrete answers or things that Tarek's teams have done that Bina's have not. I don't think you can give me anything concrete can you. :roll:
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:23 pm

Caution: Moderators will not let this topic degenerate into a shouting match between posters. You can discuss the merits of coaching decisions, but attacks on coaches or on each other will get you an unpaid vacation from the site.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:19 pm

OldSchool wrote:No I just think that you think that you have all the answers. Just compare them for me and give me some concrete answers or things that Tarek's teams have done that Bina's have not. I don't think you can give me anything concrete can you. :roll:

Won a state title.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:06 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:Won a state title.

I am not going to discredit Mr. Howard's coaching record as I think he is a very very good hockey coach. And yes, you are correct, he won a state title with the GFC team, but do you really think that coaching had a lot to do with the team he had that went 26-1 or whatever it was. Anyone could have coached that team to the title that year, they were LOADED with talent!

I think you should let Bina do his job and time will tell how good he does. If he does a really poor job, I would bet the masses will call for him to lose the job. How about we let him and the coaching staff do the coaching, the players do the playing, and the parents and fans do what they are supposed to do, Watch the team and SUPPORT them and their decisions!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:59 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
Centralhockey_08 wrote:Won a state title.

I am not going to discredit Mr. Howard's coaching record as I think he is a very very good hockey coach. And yes, you are correct, he won a state title with the GFC team, but do you really think that coaching had a lot to do with the team he had that went 26-1 or whatever it was. Anyone could have coached that team to the title that year, they were LOADED with talent!

I think you should let Bina do his job and time will tell how good he does. If he does a really poor job, I would bet the masses will call for him to lose the job. How about we let him and the coaching staff do the coaching, the players do the playing, and the parents and fans do what they are supposed to do, Watch the team and SUPPORT them and their decisions!

Amen!!!! Get a little to worked up and can't say the right thing sometimes, but I think that sums it up Sioux4ever.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to EDC