Grand Forks Central

Teams of the East

Postby anderson16 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 am

Metal Edge wrote:
anderson16 wrote:Central has poor coaching and not as skilled of players. trust me, I know. Central could of been an alright team but it just got screwed up with all the penalties and bad coaching and bad attitudes and all that crap. just bad news.

the kids on the ice are responsilble for the penalties, not the coach.  bad attitudes and not having skilled players is not a good combo. 

i wouldn't say bina is a poor coach, maybe central just isn't a good fit for either the coach and players. 

How about a little discipline? There was no discipline on that team what so ever. Bina is a poor coach and everyone knows it. When he plays only 2 lines during the whole game i'd expect some players to get a little frustrated. He doesn't know how to coach and he doesn't treat every player equally. He should be fired.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:09 am

paging gary purpur
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:25 am

Sergio
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Grand Forks Central

Postby thenatural » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:41 pm

all of the crap that held down the team last year is now gone. and one thing to remember about central is once they get into the state tourny they are always successful.
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:50 pm

the posts earlier (or last Feb 07) were a bunch of crap---

The fact is Bina is a good coach-- had some rifts in the team and guys quit on the team and coach last yr.
That hurts them all the way around.
GFC-- playing better this year--
Coach Bina will have some success and do well-- as long as all the guys know they have to work hard for him or they do not play, they need to play his way or not play and etc....

"the natural"-- I think you may be on to it. GFC a force to maybe be feared-- but that is a ways off.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:51 pm

They may surprise some people in some games but in other games i feel they wont contend. Its all about consistency for them. I hope they make state to contineu grand forks dominaacne over hockey in ND but i just want the east to not lose a game in the first round and i will be happy.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:03 pm

gfhockey wrote:They may surprise some people in some games but in other games i feel they wont contend. Its all about consistency for them. I hope they make state to contineu grand forks dominaacne over hockey in ND but i just want the east to not lose a game in the first round and i will be happy.

This post lacks irony, which I despise. A guy named "GFHockey" talking about continuing "GF Dominance over ND hockey" and "Want the east to not lose a game in the first round."
Less bias in posts, it makes my forum visits less interesting. :P

Just messing with you, but I don't see any problem with ND hockey getting more well-rounded, for the better of the state as a whole. The west and cities outside of GF (Fargo, Grafton) are getting better, and it is pretty obvious in most cases. It's better for the state, not just GF saying "I won a state title and the west not cool at hockey", I'd rather say "I won a state title against the best team in the tri-state area, and there is no weak competition." When something is handed to you, it's much less pleasurable (though I wouldn't mind a free car).
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 pm

oh haha...if you were serious about the first part of your post i ahve some very interesting stats to show you but i wont cuz it jsut puts the rest of the state to shame in hocvkey development.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm

How wasn't I serious about the post? You're correct that GF has dominated the hockey scene in the past, but I was just pointing out the lack of irony in a guy named GFHockey coming in to brag about how much better his teams are than the others. I guess you missed the whole point of that part of my post.

I think hockey in ND is becoming more competitive, and in fact, I want it to. What's the point of playing a 1-Horse race? There's no glory in winning with no competition. The thorough GF Hockey 'dominance' has ended, and hopefully the smaller town teams and the west will be putting up higher quality teams to better the hockey of our state.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 pm

U said u were just messing around with me. in my words that means just kidding around. How am i braggin up my teeam. im jsut being a suporter of grand forks hockey. and RR will proabbly win grand forks 38th hockey title this year compared to 12 to the rest of the state but who cares. They wont go undefeated tho. no one is perfect

btw...who is ur team u support?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:00 pm

people poeple-- the states hockey is getting better.
More guys from around the state getting chances to go to the USA festival, at all ages.
the guys this year did very well at all ages.

that means better teams, better development throughout the state. YEH!!!!

And-- regarding Gfhockey-guy playing up the 38 titles they have up there.
hockeyhigh has it-- why be proud of a title against not so good comp.

right now-- the title means something-- better comp all around.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:25 pm

you u sayin most of the title GF won dont mean sweet? that is the stupidist thing ive ever heard. who has the right to determine if the cmpetition is good or not. or maybe GF was just a whole lot better back then and now they are bad now.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:19 pm

hey now-- u said that the state stunk in hockey(before). or someone did..
now that the comp is better, as pertaining to the last few years-- say since 1990 or so....

things around the state have gotten better even in the hinter-lands of the state.
West/East alike.

we are seeing better consistancy out of our teams in the west now, and not just a one-timer here and there.
plus--GraftonPR/ South and others have competed better in these last years.the east is more consistant up and down also.

Any Title won is SWEET-- no matter when. any Champion had to play the games to get there and bring home the trophy---And anytime that is tough, especially now when others gun for the top teams night in and night out....
I just think it is tougher for one team to always win now days than before, back-when, everyone knew it was going to be GFC or GFRR-- and the rest played for 3rd or 4th....

does that make sense? Take pride in your title, it is an accomplishment, no matter who you played to win it!.
I do and would take pride in mine even if it is just a simple trophy & a picture now....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:52 pm

I think someone keeps editing my posts.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby 14>35 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:46 pm

the east region wins state every year thats just how it is.

the west has nobody to compete with the likes of red river, south, and grafton. those are the top 3 teams in the state
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:16 am

Bismark High has a chance of clinching the 4th place in State this year though, imo. If they can play a tight game with GPR, I don't see any of the other East teams being able to play with them.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:01 pm

The fact is Bina is a good coach-- had some rifts in the team and guys quit on the team and coach last yr.
That hurts them all the way around.
GFC-- playing better this year--
Coach Bina will have some success and do well-- as long as all the guys know they have to work hard for him or they do not play, they need to play his way or not play and etc....

"the natural"-- I think you may be on to it. GFC a force to maybe be feared-- but that is a ways off.[/quote]

I think it's a ways off yet with all the youth they have on their roster. They beat a couple of teams early, but didnt they lose to North last week, and then North lost to South 7-0??
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Well GF Central plays West Fargo on Thursday and plays Fargo South on saturday.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:41 pm

GFC beats WF 4-2???
thought GFC was going to put a drubbing on that team.

I still think GFC is a good team with a good coach.
I do think that they will give South a handful on Sat. night in Fargo.
Hope to be able to get to town to see that one.

Central's only loss so far-- to North 3-2.....

Powers, Groth and Hooey will need to be playing well and putting the puck in the net to beat the Knights...

Scouting a little and when South lost to GPR-- it seemed as if they need to have some adjustments for players and line combinations.
they have a ton of talent and could capitalize more on that with some guys playing on diff. lines.
but then I am not their coach and hope they stay the same so my team(s) can maybe have some success against them..hahahahaha...probably not, but wishful thinking.....
Malm at RR has lines figured so he utilizes all his talent---
Maybe wilson could step back and see how Malm does that....

RE: north beating GFC--sioux4ever
throw out the scores- you always have to come and play, that is why they play the games and keep score.
And since GFC is playing the game vs. South-- anything goes....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Yeah I also saw the South/GPR game, but it seemed more like South was playing on their heels most of the game (New players to Varsity do tend to do that at the start of the season) and most of GPR was there to play, especially their Super Sophs being Juniors now (IE Demers getting a hattrick). Not to put down GFC, but I don't expect South to play on their heels against them (which they shouldn't anyways) and I'd put a guess that South will wipe the floor with GFC. WF is not a team that is as good as North, and Spicer had to get a Hat Trick to beat WF, so it could get ugly if GFC doesn't come out ready to play.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby 14>35 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:39 pm

i agree. i think south will pound central.
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:01 pm

Central beat Sputh 4-3 in overtime
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 am

14>35 wrote:i agree. i think south will pound central.

I ate my own words too. :oops:
South looked terrible tonight.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:18 am

Guys guys----
GFC is a good team-- not State Champ team...

Bina(as posted elsewhere) is a GOOD coach.
I think GFC and South play again don't they??? Last game of season for both.
That will tell a story..
South is still (until proven later)-- a better team than GFC-- GFC got them tonight, but I am sure South will shape up and get them later...

So right now-- RR tops
GPR 2nd--
Bismarck is close behind
Still South with GFC right there.
So maybe it is 4 team race for state??
South plays Moorhead next week-- and then comes out to Bismarck to play BHS--
we'll see how good South and Bis. are when they play each other.
Mayeb South will have to save face..
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:33 am

Not another all Grand forks final is it?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to EDC