Grand Forks Central

Teams of the East

Re: Grand Forks Central

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:25 pm

OldSchool wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:
Centralhockey_08 wrote:Won a state title.

I am not going to discredit Mr. Howard's coaching record as I think he is a very very good hockey coach. And yes, you are correct, he won a state title with the GFC team, but do you really think that coaching had a lot to do with the team he had that went 26-1 or whatever it was. Anyone could have coached that team to the title that year, they were LOADED with talent!

I think you should let Bina do his job and time will tell how good he does. If he does a really poor job, I would bet the masses will call for him to lose the job. How about we let him and the coaching staff do the coaching, the players do the playing, and the parents and fans do what they are supposed to do, Watch the team and SUPPORT them and their decisions!

Amen!!!! Get a little to worked up and can't say the right thing sometimes, but I think that sums it up Sioux4ever.

Any time! :)
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:

I think you should let Bina do his job and time will tell how good he does. If he does a really poor job, I would bet the masses will call for him to lose the job. How about we let him and the coaching staff do the coaching, the players do the playing, and the parents and fans do what they are supposed to do, Watch the team and SUPPORT them and their decisions!

There is a lot of talent on this years team. So how many years do we let this guy fumble around before the school district pulls the plug on him?It is a legit question. I also can sit and watch a game and not support what the coach is doing. please don't tell the fans how to think.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:There is a lot of talent on this years team. So how many years do we let this guy fumble around before the school district pulls the plug on him?It is a legit question. I also can sit and watch a game and not support what the coach is doing. please don't tell the fans how to think.

Quite honestly, there is not a "lot" of talent on this years team. They are young and are doing well so far, but to say this team has a "lot" of talent is not true. Red River has a "lot" of talent. Will the grow into a very talented team, I believe so yes. The simple fact is, your goalie is not playing so you are on here complaining about everything the coach does with the other 2 goalies. I can respect your viewpoint as a fan, just as I can respect the coaches decision to play the other 2 goalies. He's there in practice every day, as are his other coaches, they are playing who they feel is the best goalie. Next week that may be the 3rd guy who has only played 1 game so far. If that happens I bet everyone will respect his decision and then you will be on here praising the coaching staff and saying "I told you so"......

The best of luck to GFC in the 2nd half of the season and earning yet another trip to the state tournament!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:

There is a lot of talent on this years team. So how many years do we let this guy fumble around before the school district pulls the plug on him?It is a legit question. I also can sit and watch a game and not support what the coach is doing. please don't tell the fans how to think.

Fumble around? What exactly does that mean. Last year they finished what....? I believe third in the state, and they weren't going to beat RR or South. I wouldn't call that fumbling around. Todd Olson obviously thought the goings on behind the scenes last year were ridiculous or he wouldn't have stood behind Tony the way that he did. I am sure the next comment will be about the regular season, but remember the season is not a sprint its a marathon and Central played its best hockey at the end of the season. Same thing has happened every year with Hakstol at UND, and I believe he just got a raise.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:09 pm

OldSchool wrote: I am sure the next comment will be about the regular season, but remember the season is not a sprint its a marathon and Central played its best hockey at the end of the season. Same thing has happened every year with Hakstol at UND, and I believe he just got a raise.

Comparison to Dave Hakstol, that is a huge stretch.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:20 pm

Its not a comparison. Its actually what every coach should be working towards every year. You always want to be playing your best at the end of the year. Peaking when it matters most. That is what Bina accomplished last year, and that is what my point was with Hakstol he has always had his teams peaking late. I by know means was saying that Bina could coach the Sioux. Wow, Central08!!!!!!
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:14 am

OldSchool wrote:Its not a comparison. Its actually what every coach should be working towards every year. You always want to be playing your best at the end of the year. Peaking when it matters most. That is what Bina accomplished last year, and that is what my point was with Hakstol he has always had his teams peaking late. I by know means was saying that Bina could coach the Sioux. Wow, Central08!!!!!!

I knew where you were going with that, and then I knew where it was going to get twisted......

I still say best of Luck to GFC in the next 2 months and hopefully they are playing well come the end of February at the Ralph!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gf_siouxfan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:06 am

Good Luck against RR tonight!! :lol:
gf_siouxfan

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:07 am

Derrick Fuller shelled again. Red River wins 5-1.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotahockey123 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:16 pm

He played good, they had three powerplay goals . Why dont you like him?
northdakotahockey123

Postby Sportshound » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 pm

He plays like a Frosh... because he is a frosh....

Nothing good bad or in between, Coach Bina(like I said before) is a good coach.
playing his cards right now
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:22 am

I am going to go with the fact that the coaching staff sees something in this goalie since they keep putting him out there. Maybe he has the best attitude? Hardest worker in practice? Who knows other than the coaches. This argument regarding which goalie Central is playing and why the sophomore goalie is not playing has gone on long enough.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:38 am

Sioux4ever wrote:I am going to go with the fact that the coaching staff sees something in this goalie since they keep putting him out there. Maybe he has the best attitude? Hardest worker in practice? Who knows other than the coaches. This argument regarding which goalie Central is playing and why the sophomore goalie is not playing has gone on long enough.

Really have you even seen the Sophmore play? Have you seen the Frosh play? Just a thought?
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Klafferty » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:48 am

i would have 2 say grandforks centeral to bc i know kajon ferguson n i think he is a really good player untill he injured himself this year wich suxed but GOOD LUCK GFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Klafferty

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 am

HMMM?????
what did you mean to say Klafferty?

Anyone think that was an odd post--
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Sportshound wrote:HMMM?????
what did you mean to say Klafferty?

Anyone think that was an odd post--

That would be a weird post. I agree, I am not sure what player he is talking about.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:20 pm

They lost to Grafton 4-2 (left couple minutes before game was over so not sure if anyone else scored) Central got the first two goals of game in first period after that it was all Grafton.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Unity77 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:36 am

GPR won 5 - 2
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:28 pm

Unity77-- can you help wiht the game at all?

I know I will find the News piece--sometime and get a call or two from those at the game.
Can you help with some of what you saw?

5-2 GFC scored two early--then all GPR.
Was it penalties?? PPg's or what?? help.. this was one that I wished I could have taken the time to go see. but Tuesday nights-- Just tough and Foggy travel and too late had I gone.

anyone else have some insight-- GFC still sounds like a good team with a GOOD COACH! I stand by that if you haven't noticed........
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:12 am

Sportshound wrote:Unity77-- can you help wiht the game at all?

I know I will find the News piece--sometime and get a call or two from those at the game.
Can you help with some of what you saw?

5-2 GFC scored two early--then all GPR.
Was it penalties?? PPg's or what?? help.. this was one that I wished I could have taken the time to go see. but Tuesday nights-- Just tough and Foggy travel and too late had I gone.

anyone else have some insight-- GFC still sounds like a good team with a GOOD COACH! I stand by that if you haven't noticed........

I think we are just seeing the youth of the Grand Forks Central team a little. They are a talented young bunch of players. Playing the older talented teams like GFRR and G-PR will probably take its toll. They still may steal one of those games next time around though. Good Luck to them!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Knights » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:20 pm

ya how about that danny ray and bryce anderson? are they a factor in the knights this year?
Knights

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 am

OK--but remeber they do have a very good coach.
GFC will be there in the EDC trying to win a spot at state.
they always do.

young and early wins on teams like South will be harder to come by later.

they still have the young Moxi and I am sure they will play loose in all their games-- heck even with a good record they feel like under-dogs in most games.

should be interesting in the upcoming weeks....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:33 am

[quote="Sportshound"]OK--but remeber they do have a very good coach.
[quote]

What team are you talking about.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:36 am

The Good coach is Bina!

has rules, stands by them and coaches the kids.
I think he is a very good coach.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Sportshound wrote:The Good coach is Bina!

has rules, stands by them and coaches the kids.
I think he is a very good coach.

Your probably one of the few people in this town that actually thinks that.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to EDC